JDW ' S reviews

JDW

MASKerade has actually been better on rainy days so far, as they put the stilt actors on the ground and they get some much needed chances to do proper scares. Scaring on stilts is hard work, especially since you have to work harder not to get bumped. Bringing the stilts down to ground level massively improves the quality of the zone even if it removes some spectacle.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a friend who went Sunday. He's been every year for the last 10 but not a Die-Hard. He stated he was able to get one house done (AVP) without express as the lowest wait was 120 min. I felt terrible because I told him the event was good and he would like it. but he is of the same mentality as I that if you pay for the event you should not have to waste MORE money (I.E. Express pass) to have a good time.

IDK if this last week was hell week or not. Either way I have never seen such crowds. I've never had to work so hard to see the event.

I think the event has recently become prematurely saturated due to Universal's efforts to pump as many people into the event as possible.

I don't know where this goes from here but we are at the tipping point (at least for me) where the event is no longer worth the effort.

Don't get me wrong the houses were awesome. But in reflection, I just don't feel it was worth it. The insane lines during open week, the constant let downs with the scarezones, and stale boring shows just are cramping my feel good.

I have a long standing history with this event. 23 years of HHN... I've been so much it would feel weird NOT to go. But I'm pretty much at that point where I just don't see the value.

I was serious when I said I may forgo Universal in lieu of some local haunts next year. That's just my personal life. I don't have time for the "go every weekend" nonsense anymore. I want to experience something that I enjoy and don't feel incredibly stressed to accomplish everything. I don't want to feel like I have to shell out more and more money just to enjoy the event. Unless Universal does something to fix that (two more houses, new shows, better streets, etc) I just don't see me getting hyped to go or wasting the money. Seeing how they feel the formula works... I doubt it wil change.

(two more houses, new shows, better streets, etc)

I see what you're saying but do you think with the infamous ninth house that is most likely coming (I doubt the shows will get better but I have hope for the streets, just dusting off the cobwebs). Would you think it would thin out crowds to make going bearable for you? (not sarcasm, genuine question lol)

I had a friend who went Sunday. He's been every year for the last 10 but not a Die-Hard. He stated he was able to get one house done (AVP) without express as the lowest wait was 120 min. I felt terrible because I told him the event was good and he would like it. but he is of the same mentality as I that if you pay for the event you should not have to waste MORE money (I.E. Express pass) to have a good time.

IDK if this last week was hell week or not. Either way I have never seen such crowds. I've never had to work so hard to see the event.

I think the event has recently become prematurely saturated due to Universal's efforts to pump as many people into the event as possible.

I don't know where this goes from here but we are at the tipping point (at least for me) where the event is no longer worth the effort.

Don't get me wrong the houses were awesome. But in reflection, I just don't feel it was worth it. The insane lines during open week, the constant let downs with the scarezones, and stale boring shows just are cramping my feel good.

I have a long standing history with this event. 23 years of HHN... I've been so much it would feel weird NOT to go. But I'm pretty much at that point where I just don't see the value.

I was serious when I said I may forgo Universal in lieu of some local haunts next year. That's just my personal life. I don't have time for the "go every weekend" nonsense anymore. I want to experience something that I enjoy and don't feel incredibly stressed to accomplish everything. I don't want to feel like I have to shell out more and more money just to enjoy the event. Unless Universal does something to fix that (two more houses, new shows, better streets, etc) I just don't see me getting hyped to go or wasting the money. Seeing how they feel the formula works... I doubt it wil change.

I'm actually thinking the same way, I considered fastpasses when I went but I just don't even have the money. What I want to know is, is HOS this bad as far as crowds? If HHN is even more packed next year, as it probably will be, I won't be able to do much without having to save for MUCH longer, and I don't think that having to pay extra to enjoy something fully is worth it. It's like those games where you can't play the whole thing unless you buy DLC, that basically is the rest of the game. However, I hear that HOS keeps getting better, so I just want to know from anybody who goes to that event if the crowds are that bad. I would go to local haunts but where I'm from, they're not worth the time lol

I'm actually thinking the same way, I considered fastpasses when I went but I just don't even have the money. What I want to know is, is HOS this bad as far as crowds? If HHN is even more packed next year, as it probably will be, I won't be able to do much without having to save for MUCH longer, and I don't think that having to pay extra to enjoy something fully is worth it. It's like those games where you can't play the whole thing unless you buy DLC, that basically is the rest of the game. However, I hear that HOS keeps getting better, so I just want to know from anybody who goes to that event if the crowds are that bad. I would go to local haunts but where I'm from, they're not worth the time lol

It's not difficult to save an extra ~$120 for RoF Express. It's $10/month for the next year.

It's not difficult to save an extra ~$120 for RoF Express. It's $10/month for the next year.

*sighs* I live too far away to go often, so i could just save $10 for x amount of months to get just an express, but my dad also doesn't like giving in to express bc he's stubborn :(