A Year Without Bill & Ted. A Letter From GrindHouseHero13

I also thought that it was the congestion and the incident from last year, but during a stretch on opening night, I talked to a friend in Mask-a-Raid, who's pretty aware of the goings on and she said the two show-runners moved and that it would be too difficult to pick up their slack. No info on next year's, but that's the word. I'll see if I can dig up some more info.

*update*

It was the director and choreographer. That's all I can provide right now.

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 1

I also thought that it was the congestion and the incident from last year, but during a stretch on opening night, I talked to a friend in Mask-a-Raid, who's pretty aware of the goings on and she said the two show-runners moved and that it would be too difficult to pick up their slack. No info on next year's, but that's the word. I'll see if I can dig up some more info.

*update*

It was the director and choreographer. That's all I can provide right now.

thank you! that's at least a beckon of hope maybe the year break will give them time to recoup and find new show runners.

• Like 1

Word on the street is that the Special Effects show is going away too. I think it's because they're going to start directing traffic through there so the construction isn't eating everything alive. Hopefully it will still be available as a venue. If not, I can't see where they would put it.

Word on the street is that the Special Effects show is going away too. I think it's because they're going to start directing traffic through there so the construction isn't eating everything alive. Hopefully it will still be available as a venue. If not, I can't see where they would put it.

okay that's what I heard that Castle theater would be empty until Springfield was done.

Random: beautifully written Grind. *golf claps*

As for people missing B&T, I've overheard several guests while I'm on breaks and walking around the park, asking where it went, why it's not back, how much they loved it and were looking forward to it.

That being said, I hope there's a survey somewhere that asks for input pertaining to shows so they can really get a feel for how many people actually miss it and have forgotten/have no idea about last years flub.

• Like 1

If the SES venue goes away (That venue never had any good shows in there since Beetlejuice), they could always have the show in the WaterWorld theater. That space is a little restricted with the water, but MAN would that do wonders for the lines. I'm hoping SES, if they replace it, is set for a new ride.

If people are missing the show that much, It'll be back next year. I'll be glad to see it back. :)

Random: beautifully written Grind. *golf claps*

As for people missing B&T, I've overheard several guests while I'm on breaks and walking around the park, asking where it went, why it's not back, how much they loved it and were looking forward to it.

That being said, I hope there's a survey somewhere that asks for input pertaining to shows so they can really get a feel for how many people actually miss it and have forgotten/have no idea about last years flub.

Thank you, thank you! :)

yes same thing last year when we walked to Louie's and back towards the end of the night they had workers outside of the castle theater to tell people Bill and Ted were gone and every like minute a new person would walk up and ask what happened to it and they would just say "It was pulled for the year" and then the "aww man"'s would be heard. Then when I took the survey last they asked a lot of B&T questions and I asked the lady if she could tell me what other have said and she answered that a lot of the people she talked to were disappointed it was a gone and very few knew of the fiasco. So I'm sure it will be back on the list.

• Like 2

Thank you, thank you! :)

yes same thing last year when we walked to Louie's and back towards the end of the night they had workers outside of the castle theater to tell people Bill and Ted were gone and every like minute a new person would walk up and ask what happened to it and they would just say "It was pulled for the year" and then the "aww man"'s would be heard. Then when I took the survey last they asked a lot of B&T questions and I asked the lady if she could tell me what other have said and she answered that a lot of the people she talked to were disappointed it was a gone and very few knew of the fiasco. So I'm sure it will be back on the list.

Looks like USH management underestimated the power and popularity of precocious, profane and perverted pop culture references... oh and Bill & Ted as well...

I still believe that last year's issue is the reason why it did not return. Although, instead of a corporate decision, it was one made by the creative team. Can't blame them. They spent a lot of time and effort(?) on a project that was cut short. They probably moved for better job security $$$

Someone asked Murdy why Bill and Ted didn't come back. His answer was they decided to do a 7th maze instead, which to everyone who is aware of the fiasco know it's total BS but I get why he would say that and it pretty much cements our theory that they are trying to distant the event from the fiasco. Though what was reassuring was that Murdy then said he would like for them to come back in the future. That pretty much sums it up and they didn't plan to can it completely like slaughter world.

• Like 1

Budget really is a huge deciding factor in everything, especially at an event that floors the competition in terms of amount money spent making the event. When John Landis said he was amazed at the amount of money spent on the mazes, he wasn't joking. We're talking about an event that custom makes all of the masks instead of picking them up from party city and hires enough people so there's not a bunch of empty spots everywhere. HHNH may currently have one of the highest budgets in the country, but it is still a budget. If they are going to get a bigger return on another maze than a show, that is what is going to be done.

Some asswad from Cracked probably just ruined Bill and Ted's chances of ever coming back by exposing this story to half a million people and counting. Nearly a year later, reminding everyone again over something that was blown out of proportion already. Then, they over-exaggerate everything as if the entire show's agenda was to be homophobic and has been for YEARS. Even worse, it ranks number 1 on their list.

Luckily, a lot of people in the comments are defending it. But the re-awareness is out there at the wrong time.

http://www.cracked.com/article_21404_6-shockingly-adult-episodes-kid-friendly-franchises_p6.html

Edited by DTH316

Some asswad from Cracked probably just ruined Bill and Ted's chances of ever coming back by exposing this story to half a million people and counting. Nearly a year later, reminding everyone again over something that was blown out of proportion already. Then, they over-exaggerate everything as if the entire show's agenda was to be homophobic and has been for YEARS. Even worse, it ranks number 1 on their list.

Luckily, a lot of people in the comments are defending it. But the re-awareness is out there at the wrong time.

http://www.cracked.com/article_21404_6-shockingly-adult-episodes-kid-friendly-franchises_p6.html

Ugh... really?

This article seems to be from someone who obviously has no idea about the show since he pointed out 2006 in which was Orlando's first talking about "Kid Friendly" being adult when this is a show at an ADULT EVENT and saying the show is not scary or have anything to do with Halloween. I just feel if the writer had good intentions (it's seems like he was just trying to be funny and it's cracked after all) you should at least research it. That being said this article is from July I really don't think it has any weight too since they placed along with Superman throwing a tobacco themed villain into the sky in a cartoon. I will honestly say don't sweat it. What rubbed me the wrong way though was that the problem he saw was not insensitive homophobic joke the problem was that it ruin Bill & Ted for HIM and "The Children" because you know how kids these day love buying their Bill & Ted trading cards, action figures and Blue-Ray of that obscure cartoon series from the early 90's. Look awareness is not a bad thing for what happened, honestly like I said before I am all for parody and freedom of speech...but there there's a difference between a joke about a stereotype (burning the Stereotype) and a stereotype joke (burning a group of people). So awareness on the situation is not bad as it may prevent another incident in the future and kinda points out that the joke was F'ed up most importantly, and again this is cracked not really something people go to for serious news unless I wanna know the top 10 side boobs in video games, Universal as of now is thinking of bringing the show back, this article is from July I don't think we have to worry as long as fans want the show back and we get writers who know how to walk the very fine line between offensive and insensitive.\

and on that note........

How the hell is this okay? the show for years has made really REALLY tasteless jokes before. It boggles the mind.

Oh wait these are the same people who try to move in on Murdy fan's on twitter and this is Knott's.