Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

I'm sick to death of TWD. The commercials are so clearly pandering to TWD fans, it doesn't even feel like I'm being hyped for the event, but more like they're saying "Hey look, TWD zombies! We know they're not particularly scary or unique, but they're from TWD! You like TWD right? We've got TWD! Oh and here's a few slides of some other stuff you might know about."

How I would kill for a commercial like before HHN 20...

• Like 3

did any of you guys read the reviews on orlando Informer? The last one made the Jason seems really interesting. He mentions knowing some people at Universal and he talks about IPs and the next year.
there is no way to know if what he is saying is true or not, But I found myself agreeing with him on A LOT of stuff, the event is definitely missing that spark it used to have.
I don't agree with what he said about some of the houses, But just wanted to know what you guys think about it

Specially the IP comments at the end.
http://www.orlandoinformer.com/universal/hhn-2014-guest-reviews/

Edited by clash

Great houses NEvermore, The In Between, Winter's night, Nightingales: Blood Prey, H.R. Bloodengutz presents Holidays of Horror, Saws n Steam: Into the Machine, The Forsaken, The Thing... all top notch houses.

I thought Saws N' Steam and The Thing were pretty forgettable that year. Especially Saws N' Steam, it's a shame that it was the last Jaws queue house.

• Like 1

Back to the subject of this year (but still touching on next year) ... is HHN broken? Not creatively--I like most of the houses this year, and even cynics have to admit Halloween and DollHouse are strong--but in terms of ops?

Thursday night was very busy inside the park, pretty much from opening, and a nightmare trying to leave around 12:30. Mardi Gras level traffic--on what is traditionally the first Thursday and slowest night of the event. (Remember, started early this year).

Last night, around 8:30, traffic jam trying to get into the garage stretched back Universal Blvd. to I-4. I bailed, but I've heard lines inside to match. Again, it's not Hell Week yet. This is the normal baseline on which busy nights will be compared.

I don't know how UNI handles the crowds later this month without doing something different. They need more shows ASAP, maybe need to look at throwing money at JKR to open Diagon all night. Even then, tho, things like parking are not so easily fixed.

Next year, almost certainly need to raise the price of multi-day tickets exponentially, and/or go to a two-park layout with more houses. The event is just too popular not to adopt drastic measures.

• Like 1

Back to the subject of this year (but still touching on next year) ... is HHN broken? Not creatively--I like most of the houses this year, and even cynics have to admit Halloween and DollHouse are strong--but in terms of ops?

Thursday night was very busy inside the park, pretty much from opening, and a nightmare trying to leave around 12:30. Mardi Gras level traffic--on what is traditionally the first Thursday and slowest night of the event. (Remember, started early this year).

Last night, around 8:30, traffic jam trying to get into the garage stretched back Universal Blvd. to I-4. I bailed, but I've heard lines inside to match. Again, it's not Hell Week yet. This is the normal baseline on which busy nights will be compared.

I don't know how UNI handles the crowds later this month without doing something different. They need more shows ASAP, maybe need to look at throwing money at JKR to open Diagon all night. Even then, tho, things like parking are not so easily fixed.

Next year, almost certainly need to raise the price of multi-day tickets exponentially, and/or go to a two-park layout with more houses. The event is just too popular not to adopt drastic measures.

the funny thing about suggesting more shows is that the rocky show was not crowded at all when i saw it, what if they did bring a new show and it doesn't really help? lol

maybe need to look at throwing money at JKR to open Diagon all night.

Yes yes yes! I can't think of one reason why it wouldn't be open except two things, it might be Universal greed of making you buy a day ticket to experience it (wouldn't put it pasted Universal) or JKR won't give the okay to have it open.

What corporate events happen during HHN?

Ones you don't see. Sections of the park are often rented out after-hours for six-figures a night. Microsoft, Verizon, and other Fortune 500 companies are regularly using the park, and since October is the traditional start of the fiscal year, Universal would never let their crown jewel be unavailable every weekend of the month.

Edited by Legacy

I know WD is a given but will they do a second mega house based on the 5th season ?

I doubt another mega house. But idk how they would one up themselves.

Can we just give the walking dead to a lesser haunt and move on? Howl o scream needs some buzz. Let all TWD fans go there.

Edited by IheartNARWHALS
  • Like 1

Yeah I buy express but don't use it unless the regular line is over 30 minutes. The lines are pretty short during the first hour of the event so I rush to see which ones I can do the regular lines in. This year I got to AVP, Roanoke, and Giggles N Gore twice because they were short lines when I first got there. I just used my express pass to go again later in the night.

• Like 3

Going out of a haunted house into the sun just feels wrong to me.

Tonight I am going to give posted stand by times and time how long it takes with express. Hopefully this will persuade some people to realize express is worth the extra money. Especially for people with RoF and FF

• Like 1