HHN 2014: American Werewolf in London

Kurseddragon

If anyone wants to see it, it's right here (Minor spoilers):

http://themeparkadventure.com/american-werewolf-london-maze-preview-2014/

I like what I see. I'm also pleased to see the woodsy area inside the maze. I'm glad that they brought back the green mesh netting that has been neglected for so long. It does wonders in covering up black walls. The sets look very detailed and I can't wait to see the werewolves.

When John was talking about there being three full werewolves, he mentioned that the Jack attack scene would be one of them. I think the other two portions where there are full werewolves are in the end at the dark alley, and at the beginning after the attack. The ones where the werewolves partially pop up will probably be through the vent in the subway tunnel and at the place where the homeless people are.

• Like 1

Why though? Was it extra? It makes me angry and happy at the same time. I don't know what to feel!

there is a static figure of David (The titular werewolf of AWIL) that was made for 2006's Dark London SZ which featured famous monsters and killers from London every year it makes a cameo this year as a krampus...it's not one of the puppets made for the maze would be the bullet point here.

there is a static figure of David (The titular werewolf of AWIL) that was made for 2006's Dark London SZ which featured famous monsters and killers from London every year it makes a cameo this year as a krampus...it's not one of the puppets made for the maze would be the bullet point here.

Oh, ok great. That makes it much funnier, a nice little nod. Out of curiosity, what else was in that SZ?

If anyone wants to see it, it's right here (Minor spoilers):

http://themeparkadventure.com/american-werewolf-london-maze-preview-2014/

I like what I see. I'm also pleased to see the woodsy area inside the maze. I'm glad that they brought back the green mesh netting that has been neglected for so long. It does wonders in covering up black walls. The sets look very detailed and I can't wait to see the werewolves.

When John was talking about there being three full werewolves, he mentioned that the Jack attack scene would be one of them. I think the other two portions where there are full werewolves are in the end at the dark alley, and at the beginning after the attack. The ones where the werewolves partially pop up will probably be through the vent in the subway tunnel and at the place where the homeless people are.

AKA the scenes with the wolves we had in Orlando last year ;)

If they did copy and paste the wolves and scenes from us, these are the wolf scenes you'll have:

attack on Jack, where an actor will control the puppet from under it while it "attacks" him, full wolf

immediately after that, one of the full wolves coming out of a whole

subway scene, full wolf

movie theater scene, half wolf

alley (our finale), full wolf

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the Slaughtered Lamb sign. It's too...bright? It's not as dark as Orlando's/the movie's and "The Slaughtered Lamb" is written differently. I'm surprised they didn't send that over from Orlando too honestly. That being said, you guys are going to enjoy the shit out of this house. the puppets are ridiculous.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the Slaughtered Lamb sign. It's too...bright? It's not as dark as Orlando's/the movie's and "The Slaughtered Lamb" is written differently. I'm surprised they didn't send that over from Orlando too honestly. That being said, you guys are going to enjoy the shit out of this house. the puppets are ridiculous.

2013-08-16-Werewolf1.jpg

tumblr_lvmupnSsez1qjv4goo1_500.jpg

392-225x300.jpg

tumblr_m3j52iEklv1qd60efo1_1280.gif

Edited by Ridesandstuff
  • Like 1

Photo-accurate lmao

Looks pretty much the same as the Wolf photo from Google Murdy shared at ScareLA. Pretty surprised at how great it looked. The hype from Orlando's audience was pretty damn high so I was a little doubtful it would live up to it. But I've put the worries to rest for the most part.

Edited by Zero56

When I come upon the facade, I think I am going to scream and shed tears of joy. When I hear Blue Moon in the transformation scenes, I think my head is going to explode.

Saturday, I can't wait to take my friends through who are not really big horror fans. I cannot wait to see their recactions when the werewolves jump out at them! Muahahahaha!!!!

So, what did you boys think? There were several differences in your maze vs. Orlando. Some were good, some not so much. However, there were a few additions that almost had me jump out of my skin - and I managed this maze 6 times in 2 nights and STILL jumped in the same spot. Overall, I feel Orlando's maze was slightly better overall, but you are definitely not short-changed here. If you don't love this maze, your should have your HHN and horror fan cards revoked.

Is there a scare actor appreciation thread for Hollywood? Sorry just got back and I'm trying to catch up on everything. I was going to comment on a particular actor from this maze here, but if there is a thread for it, I'll post it there.

• Like 1

So, what did you boys think? There were several differences in your maze vs. Orlando. Some were good, some not so much. However, there were a few additions that almost had me jump out of my skin - and I managed this maze 6 times in 2 nights and STILL jumped in the same spot. Overall, I feel Orlando's maze was slightly better overall, but you are definitely not short-changed here. If you don't love this maze, your should have your HHN and horror fan cards revoked.

Is there a scare actor appreciation thread for Hollywood? Sorry just got back and I'm trying to catch up on everything. I was going to comment on a particular actor from this maze here, but if there is a thread for it, I'll post it there.

I totally agree with your thoughts on those house. I thought the puppets looked great despite what the people of O-town think. The only thing that REALLY bothered me in the house was the abrupt transitions. I could not stand those black walls. I still loved it though.

Oh, and it was nice running into you at HHN. :) When my group arrived, this was the first maze they hit. I had one girl in my group screaming the whole way! That. Was. Priceless. :D They also had to put up with my singing of "Blue Moon" and the shouting of all of the references. Unfortunately, because they were so scared, they wanted to do only rides and ended up only doing Dracula afterwards. It wasn't a big deal for me since I could go back anytime and I was there for them. But I feel bad for them missing AVP.

And yes, we do have a scareactor appreciation thread.

Ugh, I loved this house. I cannot get that song out of my head. Blue Moon at the facade gave me chills.

BLUE MOOOOON YOU SAW ME STANDING ALOOOOONE WITHOUT A DREAM IN MY HEEEEAAART WITHOUT A LOVE OF MY OOOOOWN

• Like 1

I totally agree with your thoughts on those house. I thought the puppets looked great despite what the people of O-town think. The only thing that REALLY bothered me in the house was the abrupt transitions. I could not stand those black walls. I still loved it though.

Oh, and it was nice running into you at HHN. :) When my group arrived, this was the first maze they hit. I had one girl in my group screaming the whole way! That. Was. Priceless. :D They also had to put up with my singing of "Blue Moon" and the shouting of all of the references. Unfortunately, because they were so scared, they wanted to do only rides and ended up only doing Dracula afterwards. It wasn't a big deal for me since I could go back anytime and I was there for them. But I feel bad for them missing AVP.

And yes, we do have a scareactor appreciation thread.

Ugh, I loved this house. I cannot get that song out of my head. Blue Moon at the facade gave me chills.

BLUE MOOOOON YOU SAW ME STANDING ALOOOOONE WITHOUT A DREAM IN MY HEEEEAAART WITHOUT A LOVE OF MY OOOOOWN

I've loved that song since Fallout: New Vegas came out. I haven't seen AWiL (yet) but I was really glad to hear that song was in it.

I think I saw hunnylvr in line for AWIL when I went, but I'm not too sure. I was there Saturday at around 10. I remember specifically some guy popped the beach ball and the scare patrol was pissed at him, and then a bunch of security showed up.

Unfortunately, I didn't love the maze. I like it, it just wasn't one of my favorites. The lighting is just too bright on the wolves and I would clearly see them before they attacked each time, which really ruined a lot of scares for me. And the transitions... ugh. Like.... Murdy, you've designed dozens of mazes before, what happened here? lol

Edited by DTH316

I feel ashamed for posting this on here but....

My word....listening to that opening.

"The scary part is that he's American so he doesn't want to kill people in America, so he goes to London."

"I don't understand 80's horror films"

WTC!!!! Somebody tell these people to wander the moors on a full moon.

• Like 1