HHN 2014: American Werewolf in London

Kurseddragon

I think I saw hunnylvr in line for AWIL when I went, but I'm not too sure. I was there Saturday at around 10. I remember specifically some guy popped the beach ball and the scare patrol was pissed at him, and then a bunch of security showed up.

Unfortunately, I didn't love the maze. I like it, it just wasn't one of my favorites. The lighting is just too bright on the wolves and I would clearly see them before they attacked each time, which really ruined a lot of scares for me. And the transitions... ugh. Like.... Murdy, you've designed dozens of mazes before, what happened here? lol

Well, we went thru it 4 times on Saturday, so it's highly possible - we had our HNN shirts on. :)

There were problems with the maze - I don't understand the empty dark spaces. WTF is that about? It about put my partner over the edge. On our first walk through, we got to the end, and she screamed "WHAT THE HELL?? THAT SUCKED!!" I had to calm her down and explain it will never be Orlando's version, but that we had to do it again and take in what was good about it. I also think that since it was opening night, the actors weren't on their game yet. They were significantly better on Saturday vs Friday. Also, the wolf they have up on a platform (where it shows the WHOLE wolf) was terrible. I don't think whoever was controlling him had a clue as to what he was doing, and you could see the friggin mechanism that moved the wolf! I mean, come on!

The room where the "transformation" was taking place was too small.. Orlando recreated the actual room from the movie down to the smallest detail, and they had a better partial wolf and everything for that part.... plus, they had a couple scares come from behind you while you watched.

I assume you boys will be going multiple times.. don't give up on this maze. I'm really hoping it gets better over time for you. It's got some potential as the actors get more and more comfortable. However, Murdy needs a shot to the nuts for the empty spaces. Jesus.

• Like 1

That's how I felt and I've only WATCHED Orlando's on YouTube. There were too many periods without a scare during these transformation scenes. And the wolves were too well lit and poorly maneuvered. And worst transitions ever.

I know a lot of ppl love it so far, but I found it to be one of the weaker mazes.

Edited by DTH316

I hate the fact that the Werewolf puppet right before the theatre scene is limp. It was like that on our 2nd walkthrough at 2am on opening night. I miss this maze.

The only thing i liked what orlando did with their version was the final scene compared to Hollywood.

I think they should of stayed with one transformation scene instead of two and made the final scene closer to what Orlando did.

I hate the fact that the Werewolf puppet right before the theatre scene is limp. It was like that on our 2nd walkthrough at 2am on opening night. I miss this maze.

The only thing i liked what orlando did with their version was the final scene compared to Hollywood.

I think they should of stayed with one transformation scene instead of two and made the final scene closer to what Orlando did.

I personally liked the double transformation scene, especially from the window angle. I think if they had not had so many black walls and only had a singe werewolf at the end, they probably would have had a little bit more room to make the transformation scene. That black wall after the room is what REALLY bothered me. They could have at least made it part of the subway tunnel or something.

• Like 1