Rocky Horror Picture Show

JDW

Guest kiwisoup

I just want to say that, I suspect, the "no callbacks" is less about RHPS and more about the act of disrupting a show with callbacks at all.

Don't be surprised if they crack down on any "callbacks" that start during Bill and Ted.

One bad apple...

My issue with that is that Bill and Ted has had swear words in the actual show and is preceded with a warning that there may be offensive language and that you should leave if you are easily offended. That whole intro with Shia Labouf from 2009 comes to mind. The warning intro could have easily been added to the beginning of Rocky Horror.

And with Rocky Horror they specifically say "Let’s do the Time Warp again! Rock out to clips from the classic cult film with live tribute performers and plenty of audience participation."

With that being said it just seems kinda hypocritical to single out either obscenities or call-outs when they do it in their shows and audience participation is PART of the show.

Maybe this is all just an attempt to appease all of the wider variety of event-goers that came because of The Walking Dead...It doesn't really matter, no matter what it boils down to or who is right, I think a replacement show is overdue.

As Hollywood not having ANY shows this year...I mean, let's be honest. We neeeeed shows to help with the crowds here.

Also...can anyone say what the new video screen upgrades are if it's not what I thought? Is it something even noticable...I'm kinda wondering what they could really do that's all that different than how it is now.

Edited by kiwisoup

First, telling you to leave if you're easily offended isn't audience participation. It's a liability statement.

Secondly, recent actions by over-zealous pass holders are what I'm referencing. It has nothing to do with being offensive. It has nothing to do with Rocky Horror. It has everything to do with fans going way (way) too far. Unfortunately, the way things played out, callbacks were a great indicator of brewing trouble. I can see management absolutely banning callbacks because of it. And to be honest, I think it's completely justifiable.

And it's not exactly a secret about what happened, but I'm not going to publicly post details.

• Like 1

but like everyone has said, Universal needs to step it up and bring a horror show. this is becoming ridiculous (I wish everyone just ask them to bring the evil dead show here on those surveys or something )

Back to this part.... We DO kinda have a couple horror "shows" with the auctioning in the Purge scarezone and, even better for the horror-ness, the hourly human sacrificing on the altar in the Bayou of Blood scarezone

• Like 1

I love the fact that you have songs about transvestites and both women and men in slutty outfits that somehow yelling out words that are said on basic cable every night is offensive...at an event that has girls in provocative outfits serving alcohol in every line and encourages over drinking...and has empaled, beheaded, burnt, trnasmutated, zombified, etc human beings in every house....

Crap, must be a lack of oxygen way up here on my soap box, I lost my train of thought.

• Like 3

Okay, I saw this show last night and no one was censoring any of the callbacks. This lady in a wheelchair in front of me and her daughter were saying them all. We were right next to a security guard and she was saying callbacks with them. Did they just give up on that idea? xD

They only care about some of the extreme callbacks. They don't really care about cursing.

• Mark M. changed the title to Rocky Horror Picture Show