Kursed's HHN Hollywood Opening WEEKEND Review! 9/20 - 9/21 2013

Kurseddragon

This will be a LONG review FILLED with spoilers! Be warned!

9/20 Review (The Melancholic Day)! (Skip to later if you only wanna read my reviews on mazes)
Note: I had an exceptionally bad day this day for things that happened very early in the event, so a lot of this day's reviews may seem negative, but never fear, I had an exceptionally good day the following day!

Overall Experience:

• My friends and I left at around 3:45 I think and got there around 5:15 and were lined up by 5:20ish. I hate being there after they already let people through the metal detectors, but whatever. ONE friend in my group decided that seeing the opening scaremony was the most important thing ever, so we opted out of early entry... Just 'cause one person wanted to see the opening. That being said, we couldn't even see it since we were so far back. Also, I didn't even know the event started. I just saw flames and heard chainsaws, so yeah, real great opening ceremony... Totally worth being late to the lower lot where we were headed anyway...
  • Friends started running the wrong way; we already agreed on the lower lot and they started going left, passed El Cucuy. They stopped and we were finally running to the lower lot. THERE WERE A LOT OF PEOPLE GOING DOWNSTAIRS FOR THEIR FIRST THING. More than I've EVER seen in my history at HHN. We ran down the stairs. Non-stop. My legs are so sore right now it's not even funny. I didn't pay attention to the Purge scarezone at this time. We got to the bottom.
  • We didn't know which maze to do first. I thought the line for Evil Dead started circling out into the middle of the Scarecrowz scarezone, so we got in line, then I found out it was Insidious. We almost got out and went to Evil Dead, but we were already in line so we stayed. Idk how long the wait was, but it wasn't that short for a first maze. We were literally two groups, maybe even one, behind getting something from Tucker and Specs. Didn't even bother to listen to them at this point, mostly 'cause the line was moving.
  • After Insidious, straight to Evil Dead. Which exited toward the tram to the backlot. Took it. THIS is where some crap happened for me that night and literally ruined the whole night for me. That being said, THAT SCAREZONE LOOKED AMAZING.
  • I had the liberty of seeing the Walking Dead scarezone at night and during the day (since I went twice), and at night, it is fantastic. Loved it, despite being upset for other reasons.
  • Walking Dead was an ok wait. Not good for being our third maze, but whatever.
  • Black Sabbath, though, that was an incredibly long wait, like wow. DTH said to go here first, but I have reason not to (as stated in my 9/21 review).
  • I really like the layout. It was carefully planned to circle around and have the exits meet up and what-not. I wish there was more down there, but I'm not complaining either. Well-organized and the scarezone was amazing.
  • Back up we went. Transformers. Quite a long wait, didn't notice until I went again on 9/21 (explained why I didn't notice that day in the 9/21 review). Straight to the mummy after, also a fairly long wait.
  • Note: By this point, it was maybe 10. Three hours to do this. Better than the average General Person, but not great overall.
  • Skipped out of Jurassic Park (I don't mind, since I personally don't like the feeling of drops on rollercoasters D:) and headed upstairs.
  • Went to the Simpsons Ride, said 20 minute wait, but I'm pretty sure it was like 10. MAYBE 20 minutes total from the moment you entered Krusty's mouth to the time you leave the exit doors.
  • Here's another shitty moment for me, as two of my fat friends opted out of going on the ride to go get Lard Lad donuts. We found them sitting, and then my ENTIRE group just sat down like we had nothing else to do. They just sat there and I was like "What are we doing...............?" So I got up, my GF followed me, the rest of the group took FOREVER to get up. So long in fact, that we separated from them and my GF and I headed to Monster's Remix.
  • Wait wasn't too bad on Remix, even for the night being SO crowded.
  • After, we went to El Cucuy. Now that was a long wait. 45 minutes, the full 45 minutes. I know, it's not that long in the terms of Black Sabbath/Walking Dead being 120 minutes+ each at this point, but it was the longest we waited for the whole night.
  • We got out around 11:10ish and texted our friends to meet back up. They finally replied and we met up by 11:30 in front of Bill and Ted's. The dumbasses decided to wait an hour for the 12:30 show. Great use of time on opening night, right? God... Pissed me off even more than I already was (Remember, I was already having a bad time before this). We had time to go on the Terror Tram and be back before the show. BUT NOPE. We sat there for an hour.
  • The show sucked. Read the review later on. P.S. I didn't laugh a single time. No sarcasm.
  • Guess what? We left right after. Time: 1:15. Fucking hate my group for wasting so much god damn time. For the full hour+ we separated from them, they got wings and went through the short-wait Monster's remix maze and sat down in front of Bill and Ted's. It took them an hour to do that.. And as DTH said, no chainsaw chaseout.

IN THE END of this night:

1x Insidious

1x Evil Dead

1x Walking Dead

1x Black Sabbath

1x Transformers

1x Mummy

1x The Simpson's Ride

1x El Cucuy

1x Monster's Remix

1x Bill and Ted's

Review continued in next post

Edited by Kurseddragon

I will never understand why people want to sit when there are other things to do. Or eat dinner before right before the event starts and getting in late. Like, wtf, if ya wanna hang out with friends, go to Dennys, not waste $50+ doing nothing. I always tell ppl I have a very specific gameplan when I invite them and that i don't stop unless I'm ahead of schedule.

• Like 1

9/21 Review (My Elated Day!)

Note: May not be in exact order due to the fact that I repeated so many things this night. It was such a dead night!

* = Edited in after inital post.

Overall Experience:

• Just my GF and I. Like we planned. Got there before 5. Though the metal detectors were already opened, it wasn't too bad. STRAIGHT TO THE EARLY ENTRY LINE, no hesitations. Time went by pretty fast since they moved people more and more forward. Skip ahead, we were about 10 rows back (in a small area, so not many people per row) before they let us all run down to the lower lot. I couldn't tell, since I didn't see the full crowds in front of the gate or behind the opening barriers, but it seemed like A LOT of people really wanted to do early entry. I can safely say that knowing the overall crowds for the night. My legs were EXTREMELY SORE (And today they're much worse...) so we kinda fast-walked down the escalators. Didn't bother trying to be first or anything. Straight to the backlot we went!
  • Daytime Walking Dead scarezone, not as fun and not nearly as scary. That being said, don't avoid going to the backlot first, just so you can see the scarezone at night. The backlot mazes will be the longest lines no matter what, so get them done!

--------------------------------------------

• READ THIS...: EVERYONE wanted to do Walking Dead this night! EVERYONE!!!! The night before, Black Sabbath filled up, and apparently during Employee Preview night too. BUT DON'T COUNT ON IT! Everyone went to Walking Dead. You think I'm exaggerating? I'm not exaggerating one bit.

When I say everyone, I mean, my GF and I saw nobody going toward Black Sabbath. So what did we do? We went to Black Sabbath. We fast-walked, I kept turning around. No one else. We get to the entrance, no one else. Did they stop us? PFFT. THEY LET US IN, BABY. Just us two. No one in front, not even by a few rooms, and no one behind. Not a single person. It was just us all alone in that maze. AMAZING EXPERIENCE! And SUCH a good way to start the night.
    * Also, does this maze have a small room where it's pitch black? I believe it does, my GF and I literally ran straight into a wall 'cause we didn't know where to go. Like full on smacked into it. Then, when I finally found my way, I moved through the curtains and ran into one of the security people just standing there. It was hilarious.(Full maze review later on).

--------------------------------------------

• To the Walking Dead! Even after all those people (Btw, there were maybe 20 people at most going into the Black Sabbath maze as we were leaving), the Walking Dead's line was not long, just one switchback, and it constantly moved. We went through it, and guess what? Black Sabbath was still a short line. What did we do? We went in Black Sabbath again. (: Then back up to the lower lot!
  • We went to Insidious next, and you'll never believe what happened. There was a very short line, I can't even remember it really, but because we stopped and talked to Tucker and Specs for maybe 1 full minute, we got a little lucky. No one was close behind us, and they let us in. I don't even know how, but the people in front of us were just gone. We somehow ended up in this house alone too! One guy showed up behind us and even scared my GF on accident, but he separated himself pretty far, by a full room at least, and we were alone again. It was a great night.
    * In one of the rooms where things are hanging, my GF and I both had our hands out, pushing through and moving the dangling things out of our faces. I guess the scareactor was out of place 'cause when they popped out to scare us, both my GF and I lightly slapped her in the face on accident trying to move things out of our way. It was funny. The second time around, though, she was behind a wall and much further back. Kinda confusing as to why it happened the first time. o.o
  • To the Evil Dead! There was a line, but it literally did not stop moving. Not a single time, and we entered the maze. Nothing too special happened this time though.
  • We got out near Transformers, so we did Transformers. And after waiting in the line for SO long the previous day, waiting the posted "20" minutes (Which was literally 7 minutes, I timed it), was such a nice difference. I believe it was 7:55 by the time we made it in line for the Mummy.
  • The mummy said 20 minutes too, I believe, but the line never stopped. Took less than 10 minutes to get on the ride. So we went again, and you know the switch backs on this inside? Those were filled the first time. When we came back, it was just a straight b-line to the ride. No line. When we came back off, and looked at the wait times, it said 20-25 for the Mummy still, but there was really no wait.
  • (To be honest, I may have this confused for a different point in the night (We rode Transformer's twice and the Mummy, literally, 5 times this night), so it may have been later, but the posted times to actual time waited were all real.)
  • We had time to get food since it was so early in the night and we already did so much. Keep in mind that we even sat down in the Jurassic Cafe to eat it.
  • To the upstairs! I believe we went to the Simpsons after going back up since it was there. Said 25 minute wait. Prob more like 15 or less.
  • I believe we did Terror Tram next since we never got a chance to do it the day before. Said 5-minute wait. Got cotton candy on the way down and walked straight onto the tram. Stared at the kid in front of me hilariously and ate cotton candy in a funny way. Fun stuff. However, there were multiple ambulances. o.o Saw one when we first got on the tram and just started moving, and saw another going toward it just before we got off. Kinda scary. And just as someone else said about opening night, the Terror Tram crew was on fire this night as well. Very good actors! (Note: Not saying everyone else sucked in the scarezones/mazes, in fact, I didn't notice anyone off their game both nights, but Terror Tram stood out a bit to me).
  • We did a nice circle through the Chucky and Clownz Scarezones. My GF really liked the Chucky scarezone, she thought Chucky was so cute. And both times we went through, the little Chucky ran up to me and my GF trying to do something to scare us. :D Also, some fat monster stopped in front of me (This might've been in the clown scarezone, but I think it was Chucky) and stared. He pelvic thrusted as his final moment and moved on. It was really funny.
  • After, we went to El Cucuy. 10 minute wait. Actually 10 minutes. They announced the Terror Tram closing for some reason. I highly doubt it was midnight at this point, but it could've been. If it wasn't, I have no idea why they closed it. Also, I didn't actually hear them say closing, but my GF said she thought she heard that. Kinda hard to hear it from the Cucuy line.
  • We walked through the Chucky scarezone again, just 'cause. Then onto Monster's Remix.
  • We went through the store and I hate the merchandise this year. I personally have no interest in Walking Dead. Very disappointed there's basically nothing else. The other shirts are so boring and simple. El Cucuy is kinda kool looking, but I have no interest in owning the shirt.
  • We decided we were tired, so we sat down on a bench.

This part's great.

We sat there, and I was trying to instagram something funny (I don't really use instagram, but I wanted to do something funny 'cause my GF wanted me to take pics), and all of a sudden we felt a cling on the bench. We both ignored it. We heard and felt it again. My GF and I looked at each other and I was gonna ignore it, but she turned around, so I looked, and a Purge guy with a chainsaw was standing right there. Now, honestly, I don't really get scared, or ever feel scared, but pretending to be scared is one of the greatest things you can ever do. So I was like, "WAIT, trying to instagram a picture!" I never got a good one, but I tried a few times. Then he stared at us and turned the chainsaw on, so I pretended to be super scared and jumped up and held onto my GF. He started heading toward me so I started screaming and backing off. He chased more, so I used my GF as a shield and ran as fast as I could pull both of us and run at the same time. Then another Purge guy joined in and started surrounding me and a third one came in and I got from the bench behind the Time board to the fire crates before they all stopped chasing. It was great. I always feel good pretending to be scared, 'cause one, it's just good fun, and two, I feel like it makes the scareactors feel better, you know? :D
  • I believe we went back down at this point. Went into the mummy twice in a row, 'cause why not. Transformers once more right after.
  • K, I'm honestly confused at this point in what order I did things in. We somehow did Evil Dead three times total, but I forget when we did it. I know the second time, we kind of had to wait a little bit, but the line continuously moved until we were right in front, then we went; The second time, it had a 10 minute wait while Insidious right next door had a 45 minute wait. Strange.
  • I think we went back upstairs at this point to check for Lard Lad donuts or something. I'm so confused on what order we did things, but we went back into El Cucuy with basically no wait. It was 1:15 when we got out. We went through the Chucky Scarezone one more time 'cause we liked it, and for the first time in my HHN life, I actually stopped to look at details in the scarezone. I usually pass through them, hoping for a scare, but just on my way to wherever I was headed next. This time, my GF and I stopped and looked and it was nice. :D
  • We headed back down one last time to catch Evil Dead a third time and even hit up Insidious with like a 20 minute wait (Which was really like 10 minutes). Also, at 1 am, Walking Dead and Black Sabbath were 15 and 10 minute waits, but we weren't gonna head back down there.
  • We did the Mummy one last time since it was walk-on, and then BOOM, ANOTHER GREAT THING HAPPENED! We were about to be placed in the middle or back row of some random cart (There was no line, we had a choice to go wherever), but we wanted the front. So we asked the guy if we could take the next cart and he said sure. Guess what? We got in, the car started moving and we turned around. NO ONE WAS IN IT. We were alone again!!! I couldn't believe it. SUCH a good night. I'll never forget it. I made a great face and if pictures were cheaper, I'd have bought it. :P
  • The first and only semi-real scare I got was in the exit of the Mummy. One of the stilt Scarecrowz was standing at the exit (And I've seen them do it before), but I wasn't looking that direction and was gonna tell my GF something who was standing on my left. Just as I was about to say it, the stilt walker on the right does something that scares me. The only time my stomach slightly dropped after both days. It wasn't the best scare I've ever had, but it was the only real one those two days.
  • Back up we went, I must've gotten something out of order, 'cause it was 1:47 (I remember exactly) when we started going back up. I think we did Insidious after the Mummy is what happened. Either way, we went back up. Saw chainsaw chaseout. And left happily.
  • Overall: The best time I've ever had at HHN.

Small complaints from both days:

• Drunk people. Holy shit. Fuck you. That's all I can say.
  • These 4 people on the Simpson's ride opening day decided they'd switch to an empty line like it wasn't gonna get filled... They literally had alcohol in a water bottle and finished it standing right in line. The guy who was positioning the people saw that there were 11 people in our line and couldn't figure out why. I knew the reason, but I have some anti-social disease or something 'cause I don't speak up for shit, but I told my friends to say something and they never did. The guy was counting individual lines trying to figure out what happened. They even sent in the line the drunk people were supposed to be in to their room, and just before they sent us, the other people were like "YEAH! We're a group of 4, we'll go!" Like they were cutting in line or something... God damn stupid. Then they start screaming really loud and banging on trash cans on their way. Ugh, it was horrible to just watch.
  • People standing behind us in the El Cucuy line on Opening night. Fuck you, stop being obnoxious and talking about all these drinks and thinking you're buying a jello shot filled with vodka and thinking you're kool. Karma beat you, bitches, 'cause you found out Full Throttle isn't alcoholic. Good job.
  • Also, here's a situation, I took some chicken strips in the Jurassic Cafe cafeteria and then read the buy a pizza and souvenir sipper deal, so I put the chicken strips back (No, I honestly did not touch them. Not even just saying that in my defense, I really only touched the tray). And the lady behind me was like "OH MY GOD, ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" And was like "Hey, you should take those off, someone put those back," to the lady behind the counter; Like I took them and spit in them or something. She saw me grab them and put 'em back. I just wanted to switch to pizza... Ugh, overreactions from people.

Anywayz. That was my experience on 9/21. Not crowded at all. Low waits. It seemed like everywhere my GF and I went, people were going the other way. It was great. Loved that day.

IN THE END of this night:
2x Black Sabbath
1x Walking Dead

2x Insidious

3x Evil Dead

2x El Cucuy (This might've been only once, I can't freakin' remember)

1x Terror Tram

1x Monster's Remix (Might've been twice...)

1x Simpson's Ride

2x Transformers

5x The Mummy (Literally 5, for sure)

OH YEAH. Just a quick note: My GF and I were SO lucky the entire night. Just like I was saying it seemed wherever we went, the crowds were going the other way, better things happened. I can't remember full details about every lucky thing, but one thing in particular was this: In our first time going to Insidious this night, a bunch of dumb people started going through the switchbacks on top right after the first flight of stairs. The line was open to just go around it... My GF and I just walked around and every one from that group ended up behind us. Idk where they went either, 'cause they didn't go in the maze with us, at least not directly behind us. It's also possible they went ahead while we were talking to Tucker and Specs. It's also possible this didn't happen the first time we went in, but, you get the point. Either way, the dumb people didn't get in our way. Little things like that happened all night. Just like skipping ahead a few people in The Mummy 'cause we were a group of two and they were looking for two to fill the train. :D

Maze/Scarezone/Other reviews in next post!

Edited by Kurseddragon

again I feel you, I f'en hate the other people at HHN, and I'm a person who is usualy super friendly and talkative for some reason 50% of The GP act like complete ass hats and the worst are the ones who need to be drunk or the kids who think there drunk the worst were these kids in 2011 who were punching everything in the thing maze till my friend told them "Politely" wink wink to knock there sh*t off, and I realy hope they didnt throw those chicken strips away cuz someone bitched about it being put back.

How much was the pizza and sipper deal?! Dammit, I was sooooo close to eating at Jurassic Cafe too but we went to Panda Express instead (no good deals, I spent $20.25 on a combo and sipper) .

Ahhhhh I'm dying to read your maze reviews! I love all the details of the night though. Your second night sounds infinitely better than your first night.

Edited by DTH316

How much was the pizza and sipper deal?! Dammit, I was sooooo close to eating at Jurassic Cafe too but we went to Panda Express instead (no good deals, I spent $20.25 on a combo and sipper) .

Ahhhhh I'm dying to read your maze reviews! I love all the details of the night though. Your second night sounds infinitely better than your first night.

Uhh, I believe it was around $16.50 for both. After tax. Pizza's small, but somehow filling (Although, keep in mind, I'm severely underweight, don't eat much in general, and have never gotten hungry at HHN ever, so.. don't take my word on 'filling')

And sorry, you're gonna have to wait 'til tomorrow for my maze reviews. :D I'm falling asleep and my legs hurt too much to type (lol). Maybe I'll forget all about the mazes by tomorrow and I'll bring you nothing.

Lol, if anything I'll watch some walkthroughs on Youtube and read other reviews, that always brings back memories and helps me think of things to type. Btw, the reviews will probably be as detailed as my other posts. Except whenever I say I'll do something, it doesn't turn out that way. I said I was gonna keep the second post shorter at first, but after I hit submit, I realized it was even longer, so I had to edit and delete that. :P

Wow, I'm tired and after typing so much I've just felt like rambling about anything. How fun.

First Two Scarezone Reviews!
(Things Will Be Repeated from Previous Posts)

-----------------------

1. The Purge: Overall Rating: B

Experience Rating: A+

• I liked this scarezone. :D I ran through this scarezone the first night, like I always do, on my way to the lower lot. Didn't bother to look at it, not even while standing way in the back of the crowd. Didn't even hear the opening scaremony, the night just started. It was quite fun seeing the actors be pushed around as they try to chainsaw their way through the crowds going the opposite direction. They got pushed pretty hard. o.o They seemed to do a fairly good job opening night for the opening ceremony. The real fun came the second night for me.
  • I skipped the opening scaremony and went to early entry, doesn't mean I can't rate this scarezone. When I came back, and as some of you may have read in my overall experience in the posts above, I had a fun little time sitting on a bench in this scarezone. In short, one of the scareactors came up to my girlfriend and I as we sat on the bench behind the Time Board and scared us off of it, chased us down and two others helped surround me. Good fun and great energy with the actors. Throughout the whole night, I CONSTANTLY saw people being chased around. I saw the actors interact with the main guy (who I don't know the name of, even though I just saw the movie today..) and it was an overall good experience.

Design/Scare/Etc. Rating: C

• The design of the scarezone is very poorly done. It's so bland, and boring, nothing stands out. Even when I had extra time, I didn't bother to pay attention to detail. Seemed rather pointless to me. After watching the movie, I'm surprised the scarezone came to life, 'cause that movie SUCKED, but I'm not mad that it's here. Just glad it's staying at a Scarezone. The masks work, less budget for makeup and what-not, and it fits. There was nothing that really matched the Purge setting of the movie in the scarezone, though. Bad design, things need to be added and changed throughout the rest of the month. I'm not asking or expecting anything drastic, but I hope they do something.
  • The scares in this scarezone were amazing! Even on my terrible opening night, they all seemed so hyped just to start. As for when I actually stood in the middle of the scarezone, they were going crazy! Sneaking up behind people. Chasing people as far as they were allowed to go. Surrounding. Interacting. Working together. They did a really good job with the scares.
  • As for etc., it just needs something more. I don't go in the scarezone, feeling like I'm somewhere different. Just seems like part of the park with guys and chainsaws. Too bland to give a good rating. The B overall comes from my personal experience, and the energy of the actors being so high. Everything else just lowers it, so much.

-----------------------

2. Chucky: Curse of Chucky or something: Overall Rating: B+

Experience Rating: B+

• Not much experience was had here, but the little that was had was good. Opening night, I quickly walked through it, just to say that I did. Saw Chucky insulting some bitches, but didn't bother to stay and watch since the night was so crowded. I would've, if it was an actual show and he was allowed to say more, but, since he isn't allow to say much, I chose to skip it.
  • However, the next day, the little Chucky ran up to my GF and I and swung the knife and my girlfriend just said, "Aw, he's so cute. :D" Which was kinda funny. We passed through this scarezone like three times the second night. On one, we decided to really look at detail, and I kinda liked it. I've never honestly stopped and smelled the roses in a scarezone, it never tickled my fancy to spend my time and do that, but I chose to since we were so ahead of schedule this night. It was nicely made. And when we were looking at some stuff, the little Chucky tried to run up and scare us while we weren't looking, but sadly, we turned right before he got to us, so he didn't get a chance to scare us. I wonder if the statues would've made a good scareactor hiding spot? The pig in this scarezone, or fat guy, I love how he just stopped me and stared at me and pelvic thrusted at me to stop the contest. It was funny, I had a good laugh.

Design/Scare/Etc. Rating: B+

• The box, basically the goodbye to the murderer thingy, idk what to call it; the shrine. It was genuinely dark and creepy. I kept turning around to make sure people don't scare me from behind while I stared into it. I liked it, it made a good addition. I personally thought the scarezone as a whole was very fitting for the street and all the scenery really blended in nicely. Everything felt fitting and generally dark, red, and freaky. The statues fit perfectly, though I don't really know if that has anything to do with Chucky, but I liked them there. I think they needed to add somewhere for scareactors to hide and jump out of, though. That would've been kool.
  • Scares? Eh. I only saw one Chucky the few times I went through the scarezone. I know it's not easy finding smaller people to play the part, but only one was kinda off-putting. Then again, it's more realistic to only have one when there's only one in the movie. :P The big guy who stopped me didn't scare me, but he had a freaky mask. The scares weren't great, but the darkness of it added onto the scare factor a bit. It was meh on the scare level overall. How many scareactors were even in that scarezone? I can only recall like two or three. I didn't pay much attention to counting them, but I don't there were many.
  • I'm glad they implemented some sort of Chucky's Insult Emporium, especially out in the open within the scarezone, but maybe a little bit closer to the front of it (more towards the start of El Cucuy's line) would've been a better idea. You really have to go deep in there (if you know what I mean) to hear him say anything. It wasn't attracting any attention from far away. My biggest gripe is not knowing when Chucky will be insulting. Without being able to hear or see it from a distance, and obviously no schedule, the only way to know that he's insulting, is to go out of your way and check yourself. I only saw him there once out of the approximately four times I went through it, and the only time I saw him, I wasn't willing to stop and listen. Kinda sad. In the end, the detail was fine. More scareactors and hiding spots are needed. Other than that, I really liked the scarezone.

-----------------------

Sorry, guys! I'm giving rather detailed reviews and today was my last day with my girlfriend before she goes to college, so didn't have much time to write these. I meant to do all mazes and scarezones, but look how much I'm writing. D: It took me forever to even write these two scarezone reviews due to my A.D.D. and time restraints.

Would you guys like me to shorten them? I don't really like reading walls of text, don't see why anyone else would, but if you want me to keep them this length/format or shorten them, I'll listen to the majority.

Edited by Kurseddragon

Scarezone Reviews Concluded!
Alright, got my bowl of cereal without milk, fed half of it to my dog already, and totally braindead. LET'S DO DIS~

-----------------

3. Scarecrowz! Overall Rating: C+ (Pains me to give it that)

• No surprise here when I say that I didn't notice them at all, really, on the first night I went. I was so focused on doing every maze as quick as possible, I gave no thought into scarezones. (Lol, I just finished the bowl of cereal by this point. I got distracted by it and ate instead of writing. Gonna go pour another bowl). However, I did notice that they are very good at what they do right away. My friends and I were running fairly quickly and one of the stilt walkers were able to slam his foot down in front of us and we gave no signs of stopping. It was pretty kool he was able to do that. o.o
  • The second night, the same thing happened. The stomping and what-not, which I thought was really kool that they're so good at it. Seems dangerous, yet they can do it. :D Later in the night, when my girlfriend and kinda just stood around in the middle of the scarezone trying to decide what to do. It just felt like they were EVERYWHERE that night. I know they were just switching actors or going on a break, but they just were everywhere. They were in the exit of the Insidious maze, passed the bathrooms, hiding behind a wall and still scaring people. We didn't get scared 'cause we happened to look, but the fact that he was there and trying was neat. They kept showing up wherever my GF and I walked; Toward transformers, the bottom of the escalators, etc. Also, the story I told earlier about getting scared in the exit of the Mummy line, they did that both nights. But they actually got me, my only real (albeit, small) scare of both nights. That's just major props to them for doing that. It was also weird seeing them do this bent down thing, where they bend their knees and make 'em look small. It was so strange, and then he stood up and grew 50 feet. :P

Design/Scare/Etc. Rating: C-

• (Just finished my second bowl of cereal, lol and procrastinated for a few hours) Design? lolwut. There's no design. There's some lights and the lower lot. That's it. Why can't they just throw in something small? There's literally nothing... Ugh, so boring. I think the lower lot has potential since it's circular and there's literally four entrances to attractions all in the same area. Could've done more.. Also, they need non-stilt walkers to do in-line scares like they did with Reaperz. They ran out of bushes, walked up next to lines, etc., but nothing like that can even be attempted on stilts.
  • Scares. Idk, I personally didn't think they were terrible. Like with my experience above, the scarecrowz were everywhere. Did crazy things (Stomping). Hid behind walls. Surrounded people. And if they really got up in your face, the masks were generally creepy. I thought it was fairly good scare-wise. Even with the little they had to work with, they did a good job.
  • As for everything else, the scarezone is just wasted potential. Nothing down there? Really? Doesn't even make sense for scarecrowz to be there. Kool idea for a zone, wasted and pointless this time around. Would love to see it again, elsewhere, or at least with some sort of scenery, with more types of scarers (Not just stiltwalkers). It needs more. Yet my only scare? Such a shame.

-----------------

4. Walking Dead: Trevle Dead on Arrival: A-

The area of my despair on opening night... ):

Experience Rating: C- (My personal opening night experience made me give this score)

• *Sigh* Opening night. Fuck this scarezone this night. ): Now, this is my experience. This night, plus the fact that daytime isn't good for this scarezone, lowered my experience rating. Just had bad luck with it is all. Maybe next time it'll be A+++++. I personally had a bad experience this night. And it started here... In this scarezone.. This amazing looking scarezone, started my sadness for the rest of the night. Ugh... Let's get out of this day and into the next.
  • HEY, GUYS, it's the second night. :D I had the opportunity to visit this scarezone during the night as well as during the day. Straight up, it is no where near as good during the day as it is at night. That simple. It's still a kool scarezone, and it's a lot longer than you'd expect. When I first went through it on opening night, during the night, I honestly felt nervous for the first time in a while. There are so many places for the scareactors to hide behind, and when you include darkness, fog, and strobe effects, it's a really creepy scarezone. Probably my favourite-looking scarezone of any I've been through ever. I personally don't care for Walking Dead at all as a TV Show, or anything. Zombies don't interest me, they've been played out, and the show was boring to me. That being said, I didn't really pay attention to how scary the actors looked, but what they did. During the day, hiding is nearly impossible for them, all you have to do is look left or right and you'll see them. At night, especially with bigger crowds, they can really go around and pop out of many places. I'm talking more about the container parts than the tank part, 'cause the tank park seemed more like just zombies walking around rather than jumping out and scaring, which are the kind of scares I'd prefer. I liked the scarezone, but during the day, it's not very effective and blank containers aren't nice to look at.

Design/Scare/Etc. Rating: A

• The design of the scarezone was pretty kool. It reminded me of the first time I got off the Terror Tram and HAD to walk through monsters and brought back that nostalgic fear of being forced to go somewhere scary. The way the scarezone works with the night, the strobes, the fog, and the hiding places, it's very well-designed. I didn't pay attention too much during the tank part, though, only walked straight through. However, the background buildings just made it seem even more real. It wasn't just scenery placed in the middle of nowhere, it looked like it was somewhere it should be, and that was amazing to me. Despite being pissed off during this moment of the night on opening night, I still remember thinking how kool the scarezone looked. Even as I was leaving on the return tram on the second night, I looked over, saw flashes of strobes, fog, purple blacklights, and it just looked like a place you wouldn't wanna be. A generic haunted house-look, but a scary one at that.
  • The scares, to me, eh. I don't have a fear of zombies, so even if the entire scarezone was just FILLED with them, it wouldn't have scared me. The tactics, idk, I liked how some actors hid where the fog came out, so they could really come out of nowhere. Both times I walked through, I saw them popping out of new places. I feel like more zombies wouldn't hurt. A whole bunch running around, going around containers and popping out the other side, group scares, distractions, etc. I didn't see much of that. Only single-scares. I didn't stay in the scarezone long, so I'm not sure all the tactics used, but, that's all I saw. I think there needed to be more things on the containers, and places for the scareactors to hide in the tank area for more immersion. Just my own opinion. But the feel of walking into darkness really amp'd up the 'frightening' feeling. Also, my girlfriend has a major fear of zombies, and this scarezone worked on her. Twice.
  • As for etc., Bodies need to be hanging (Unless they were, can't say I stared at the containers, or anything much really). Different tactics. I'm kind of wondering if ALL of the scareactors hid, instead of waiting out front for the next tram, if it would cause more suspense. I liked the guy crawling both times I went, that was kool. But what if it was just him, everyone else hidden, and when people are released, they all come out from behind the container? It'd be hard to set up again, since people are constantly walking through, but hey, if they got the chance, I don't see why not. Just an idea. Other than that, I like the feel of the scarezone that it gives you from far away; a feeling of 'Something's coming.' I have high hopes that whatever they do next year, is expanding this scarezone with detail, and also something that fits the setting. I don't wanna see like evil trees next to brick buildings. Lol. (Btw, I had like three bowls of cereal and this whole thing took me like 8 hours 'cause I did other things CONSTANTLY, plus A.D.D... Mostly A.D.D.)

-----------------

5. I FORGOT CIRQUE DU FREAKY KLOWNZ OR SOMETHING: Rating: B? Idk.

I don't have much to say, so I'll make it simple.

• My experience? What experience? I walked through it like twice. Straight through it. Circled around it on the first day with my GF, and didn't even bother on the second day, just came out of the exit of El Cucuy, and walked around to check for Chucky's Insult Emporium.
  • Design. It's kool. We always need some sort of clown zone. People are scared of clowns. They seemed to pretty good as far as I could tell. Scared my GF once or twice. I like how it's the first thing out of the El Cucuy exit. Force people to go through (Unless you're like me who walked around the other way). It'd be kool if more of them focused the exit. To make people really feel as if scares don't end and they're forced to go through something else JUST as the finished a maze. Their masks and costumes were pretty kool too.
Edited by Kurseddragon

MAZE REVIEWS

Note: these are in no particular order. I don't have a favourite maze as of yet.

Note 2: I am rewatching the mazes on YouTube 'cause I tend to forget everything. This may or may not cause me to go into strict detail for certain mazes.

Pre Maze discussion:

• My girlfriend pointed this out, there are A LOT of chimneys in these mazes. And not a single one used as a scaretactic. People, or something, could easily pop out from one of those, but it's just a black piece of wood.
  • Wtf is up with the all the rooms with pictures on the wall? Nothing, but a narrow hallway and a picture, maybe two, on the wall.

------------------------

1. Universal Monster's Remixed: Resurrection: Overall Rating: C-

Experience Rating: B-

• I had an ok time in this maze the first time around. Nothing special. No line. I really hate when the line goes down the little hallway. Idk why, but everytime I have to go down there, it just really kills my mood. But there was essentially no wait. :D For a crowded night, I was pretty happy with that. We had this really weird guy in front of us, though. He was alone, middle-aged guy. Bobbing his head to the music like it was something he could really "feel." The whole maze. Kinda awkward. I don't know about you guys, but I personally thought this maze is worse than last years. And I didn't really like last years. Truth be told, it's the best overlay HoH has ever gotten (Sadly), but something about this one just seemed worse. Maybe 'cause I don't care about Face-Off? It wasn't a very attractive design to be a go-go dancer, in my opinion.. The light didn't seem as blinding, which is needed, like they were last year. To really put you in the mood of "You're out of HoH" kind of thing. Plus Figure made an album specifically for this, and they still used some of the same songs as last year? I know for a fact they used one, which is one too many. Why is USH SO obsessed with repeating shit? God damn. Oh yeah, and one of the werewolves lost his sense of depth and his glove went in my mouth. Luckily, my jaw was closed so he kinda just lifted my lip and my closed teeth stopped it from going any further in, but wtf.
  • Second time through, it seemed even less. Less scares. Less actors. Less "feel." It got even more boring. I don't really care too much for HoH during HHN; just stroll through it to say I did. Had a second chance at like 10-20 minute wait to go in. Even got in line with my GF and moved a little bit before we were both like "Fuck it, not worth it." and just got out and did something else. Eh. Have a music overlay. Have a club overlay. Keep it dubstep if you must (Even though I hate it), but do something different... Or do something more. It's like the resurrection brought it back nearly dead.

Design/Scare/Etc. Rating: D

• Ask me about last year's maze (Which I never reviewed), and I would've given a much higher design rating. It really is the best overlay HoH has gotten for HHN. Last year, despite the music, I enjoyed walking through it in a new atmosphere. This year, it was just boring. Same thing, but worse. Not scary. Not fun. Then it was over.
  • Scares? Lol, nope.
  • Etc., change something.. Whether it's the whole overlay and theme. Or just the way it's done.

------------------------

2. El Cucuy: Overall Rating: B+
Lots of complaints, but I still liked the maze.

• Kinda sped through it the first time around (seeing the pattern of how I claim to enjoy Horror Nights yet? :P) and kind of enjoyed it. I liked being in a Halloween atmosphere. It was different. The maze itself was rather plain, but Halloween-esque. No special moments happened in here, though.
  • The second day, I really tried paying attention to detail. The posters on the wall would be such a kool souvenir. I should ask Murdy for one... Anyway, the maze was better a second time around. I kinda wish I was able to stop more (for once) to be able to look at everything, but the line kept moving. I still don't know much about the story, never bothered to look it up, but it wasn't exactly told very well throughout the maze, was it? I wasn't able to learn any more than I already knew (and I didn't know much). My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the scents in here. Popcorn and whatever that other nice one was in the room with the hanging stuffz, they were different. Although, I do remember just HATING the black room with absolutely nothing in it. Like, really? Put a scareactor in one of the exits, that'd throw some people off.. Was really glad to see the hands under the bed be pushed further under than they were the first night. Also, the voiceover got really annoying pretty quickly, since it's the same thing over and over again and so constant. And the spray machine. Not scary, just annoying. It was the only time I had my hands up trying to defend myself.

Design/Scare/Etc. Rating: B+

• The popcorn room was rather small, I think. One person per row? Not like if a person was in the second seat that they could do anything, but still. After watching the video, and seeing that the brick hallway with nothing, leads to the black hallway with more nothing. That's just two rooms of nothing. VERY poor design. Why did they think that black room was ok? Not even dark. Completely pointless. No meaning (That I'm aware of). Ugh, kind of a disgrace and total waste. There's even another hallway with nothing except one pipe. Now, the pipe actually looked kool to me, but.. That's all there was. Other than that, I really liked it. It was kind of simple and plain, but that didn't ruin it for me. It was a really home-like during Halloween feel. I especially liked the small corridor with the pumpkin lanterns; they really stood out to me for some reason. And the second time through, seeing the archway of toys cemented in. Could've been it's own facade (If they expanded on it). The jail cells, probably a little too small of an area to do anything in, but I liked the attempt. If they're gonna repeat this for whatever reason next year. I hope they redo it in a new location with a bigger space. So long as they don't make MORE rooms filled with complete nothings. Btw, whoever designed the mister, which is more like a hose, at the end, TERRIBLE DESIGN. Put an ending in too, that'd be a good design. Even if it's not as grand of a finale as originally hoped for, put one in anyway. The outside place that represents a backyard. Really liked it, leaving the roof open and seeing the sky was a great choice. Honestly felt like someone's backyard. But I have no clue what was supposed to be happening back there, never got a chance to stand still and look.
  • Scares weren't too great. Though I didn't know there was somebody behind the fence 'til I just saw it in the video. Don't know if that really makes the scares any better, though. To me, personally, this house wasn't scary at all. I could walk through it alone, no problem. Though, that doesn't really bother me. I saw it more of a classic Halloween house (I know I keep saying it) and it didn't bother me that it wasn't that scary. Now, do the same with a Trick 'r Treat theme; pretty sure it'll just automatically be scary. Ah, but a few scares just came into my mind. There was one guy the second time around in the popcorn room who was yelling "BOOM" constantly as a scare. It didn't work on me, but he had a fairly loud voice and it seemed like it would be pretty effective. Kudos to him. Also, the guy in the room directly after, he needs a bigger spot to work in. He was doing all he could; crawling on the ground and stuff, but that was it. He was never in his hidey-hole each time I went through. And he was tall. o.o The group behind me even commented on that when he stood up after crawling. And putting a security person in that room? Well, I guess that should go under bad design.
  • Etc.? Well, it was too small. The rooms were very compact. Not much the actors could do. Too many black areas/rooms. IF and only if they redo it, pick a better spot. Expand the rooms; pretty much. Keep the themes the same, but make an entirely new maze. Probably too much to ask for, so I suggest not repeating it. Also, wtf, where's the ending?
Edited by Kurseddragon

"Oh yeah, and one of the werewolves lost his sense of depth and his glove went in my mouth. Luckily, my jaw was closed so he kinda just lifted my lip and my closed teeth stopped it from going any further in, but wtf."

That made me laugh for like 5 mins bahahahaha

And yeah, Cucuy is the one with the open aired backyard.

Maze Reviews Continued...

Note: I am diagnosed with A.D.D. and that is my excuse for taking so long to do these reviews.

---------------------------

3. Evil Dead: Overall Rating: C-

Just couldn't give it the D. =\

Experience Rating: C-

• Hi. I didn't think much of this maze when I first walked up. Just like everyone said, same old boring facade from previous mazes. Even as a second maze for the first night, I didn't feel scared. Friends put me in front, or it just happened, idk, didn't make a difference either way. The flash at the start of the facade was stupid. Did they really think it would scare? Or was it for show? Kinda delayed for too long if it was for show.. First scare didn't get me, (Granted, if you read this far, you know only one scare got me during my whole experience) I remember thinking the first scare was very bad and had no potential. As we passed the tree doll, I immediately noticed how crappy and fake and disproportional it looked, but didn't think of it as "C'mon HHN." at that point. I.. kinda looked down.. to see if something was going in it. What..? As we walked through the big open porch scene. And there was absolutely nothing. I was more than disappointed. I didn't pay attention in any maze this night, but even I noticed this. What the fuck? I don't care if it doesn't make sense to put a scare there, it was the biggest room and there was nothing. The guy with the crap in his eye (I don't remember their names), seemed kind of wasted. All he could do is sit in the corner. So sadz.
  • I went through this maze three times, even though I really didn't like it all that much, but it had a short wait. Looks like no one else liked it that much. The recording playing at the facade was kool, I mean I personally didn't care 'cause I'm not an Evil Dead fan, but I'm sure fans liked it. Except it wasn't scary.. It gave off no feelings of "be afraid of what you're coming closer to." It was just rather boring. I noticed that standing in line. And I believe it was this maze that I noticed so many goddamn pictures on the walls. It's just a transition room? Pictures.. Go through curtains, more transition room with pictures... And does the girl cutting her arm off just do that the whole time? Wow. The bridge over water was kool, but that was so La Llorona..

Design/Scare/Etc. Rating: C-

• Design? Terrible. That open porch scene. Too big to be wasted and was relatively bare. The tree Mama Mia, terrible. The amount of dummies and animatronics. Terrible. Seriously, there's not much the actors can do. The characters don't make loud sounds and I guess it wouldn't make sense to give them a self-activated strobe scare. All they could do was hiss and pretend to claw me. They jump out so quietly and peacefully that I didn't even notice. :D Most scenes were bare and filled with pictures or dead trees the size of my.. waist (And I'm underweight..). Pretty poor design. However, I liked the basement, really felt like being there.
  • Scares? As I stated earlier, pretty bad. The actors can't do much. It was ALL distraction scares. Except Mia cutting her tongue. Who btw, was terrible, she looked like she was making some sort of sexual motion with it. EDIT: Apparently she's supposed to, but she could at least act more possessed than just standing there and flopping the tongue up and down with a plastic knife. No twitches, no evil looks, no signs of enjoyment of pain. Nothing. Fairly boring and not a turn-on. AND THAT KIND OF SHIT USUALLY TURNS ME ON. Overall, boring and limited scares due to all the dummies.
  • Etc.? Fix Mia tree. Put some real people in there. Have the animatronic going over the water go even further out. That'd be a pretty kool scare. People thinking "Oh, it's gonna stop" but it just keeps going until it's right up in their faces. Make it less bare. Do something in that open porch area. Do something else with the walls than JUST putting pictures over and over and over again.

Alright, only one for now. I have an audition for this place tomorrow at 11 am. It's 2:15 am. I'm wide awake. Need some sleep, so just gonna make more excuses to only write one review. :D Enjoy.

Edited by Kurseddragon

Except Mia cutting her tongue. Who btw, was terrible, she looked like she was making some sort of sexual motion with it.

Alright, only one for now. I have an audition for this place tomorrow at 11 am. It's 2:15 am. I'm wide awake. Need some sleep, so just gonna make more excuses to only write one review. :D Enjoy.

to be fair technicaly that was half her reason for spliting her toungue in the movie. Plus I think she was a distraction as well.

Good luck man!

Well.. It was portrayed way better in the movie, then.

'Cause it just looked dumb having her stand still, move a knife up and down while the tongue flopped, then hide.

No sound effects, no blood of any sort, no scares. Just like a little pop up book.

well I've seen videos where she is out there and the deadite form of the brother's girlfriend comes from the other side I wonder if they were understaffed the day you were there.