HHN 2013: VIP Experience: The Insidious Experiment

Grindhousehero13

The VIP Experience is the ultimate way to experience the terror of Halloween Horror Nights.

Before you begin your evening of horror, enjoy your last supper at our exclusive VIP Horror Lounge, where an extensive gourmet dinner buffet, dessert bar and spirits* await.

Then, join a first-ever active paranormal investigation on the world-famous Universal Studios Backlot – restricted areas other guests dare not enter. You’ll be led by a crew from Spectral Sightings, the crack investigative team featured in the hit movie Insidious and Insidious: Chapter 2. Help them unlock the mystery to a rash of strange happenings recently reported on the Backlot.

If you manage to come back alive, cut your way to the front of every line with unlimited access to all mazes, shows and attractions. If you survive the mazes, you can do them over and over again until you breathe your last breath.

Availability is extremely limited so book early.

For private groups, please email VIPTour@nbcuni.com for more information.

*Two drink maximum (beer or wine only) included for guests 21 years of age or over with proper proof of age. Valid State or Government ID required for proof of age 21 or older for alcohol consumption. IDs will be checked. Alcohol can only be consumed in the lounge.

Let me work on one of my "get rich quick" schemes. If so, VIP FOR EEEEEVERRRYYOOOOOOONE!

Join my pyramid scheme. Don't worry, everything will work out ffffiiiinnneee..... That being said, why is everything this year so darned expensive? This for $200 and FOL for $120?! I guess there will be less people cutting the lines this year which is a good thing for us General Admissioners.

Join my pyramid scheme. Don't worry, everything will work out ffffiiiinnneee..... That being said, why is everything this year so darned expensive? This for $200 and FOL for $120?! I guess there will be less people cutting the lines this year which is a good thing for us General Admissioners.

ironicly though some of the Discount nights are pretty good.

For those who've never done it, it's well worth the expense--even without the new interactive element. I've done the tour for the past 2 years. The ability to repeat houses front of the line all night... awesome. Orlando only offers this with the private RIP tour starting at $1250! The private lounge is also a nice perk and you'll actually use it. In the past it stayed open all night (couldn't tell from this years description) and I stopped by frequently. Also, in the past, the buffet was light appetizers and desert. This year the description reads, "extensive gourmet dinner buffet and desert", plus two glasses of either wine or beer if you so choose. On the outside, a decent meal with drinks alone would set you back substantially. So if you need more reason to justify your decision, subtract that from the cost. Finally, the event is becoming so crowded (like Orlando), I wouldn't go without it on a Friday or Saturday if you're from out of town like me. Financially, it's a stretch for me to go, but I've never regretted the decision...

Edited by jek