Halloween Horror Nights 2013 Planning and Tips

Well, then just plan ahead for the night. Plan as if it's gonna be crowded so you can beat the traffic. And yes, it's an online only deal, as far as I know.

Getting there isn't going to be a problem cause I will be arriving at USH either in the morning or mid-day. I'm just gonna chill at Citywalk for a while until it hits 5:00pm. I believe I have a rough idea of what I'm gonna do. All I gotta do is get the money to purchase the tickets, charged my batteries and I'm set.

Is anyone planning on going on Nov 2? I work another haunt in the makeup department so as of this Friday, I'm not free again for some HHN fun until Halloween and the Saturday/Sunday that follow. I wanted to go on the 1st but I work Sunday mornings and yeah, no way, pulled that last weekend at HHN and I'm getting too old to go from being full of adrenaline at HHN (and also coming off steam from a month working weekends plus a "normal" job) to trying to function at a normal job the next day, SOO I wanted to see if anyone was going on the final evening? I'm going regardless, solo or not, but I feel the need to squeeze in one more go-round before the season is up.

• Like 1

So this is my first time at HHN in Hollywood so here is my gameplan for when I go to AP night on 10/13. Let me know what you think.

Get to gate by 5:30.

Q&A with HHN Director

Lights on Tour through Remix

Do Terror Tram (Closes at 10:30)

Go to Backlot

Do Walking Dead

Black Sabbath

Insidious

Evil Dead

Transformers

Jurassic Park

Bill and Ted

El Cucuy

Remix

End of Day (maybe a ride on the Simpsons)

Does this sound solid? If so, what time do you think we would be done with all of this by? Were trying to enjoy everything, but we also have work the next day so I don't want to be out too late if I don't need to.

Thanks! :chainsaw:

Well, what time is the Q&A? And I know for sure its not with Remix, its for Cucuy haha. And how long will it last?

If you're trying to get home early and the Q&A goes passed 8 or 9, then id recommend skipping it, because your backlot first strategy by than will be moot, especially if doing the TT when it'll prob have a stupid hour and a half line.

• Like 1

Well, what time is the Q&A? And I know for sure its not with Remix, its for Cucuy haha. And how long will it last?

If you're trying to get home early and the Q&A goes passed 8 or 9, then id recommend skipping it, because your backlot first strategy by than will be moot, especially if doing the TT when it'll prob have a stupid hour and a half line.

It doesn't say what time the Q and A is until. I can't imagine its too long. I think Murdy guides you through the house and answers any questions then lets you go at 7 once everything officially opens.

If its like that, does the plan work?

I would actually advise to head straight for the backlot. Do those 2 mazes by 8, do the lower lot by 9, and that'll give you an hour and 45 mins to decide when to do Terror Tram. This is assuming it'll even be crowded. You could potentially do the backlot and lower lot in an hour.

Edited by DTH316

I would actually advise to head straight for the backlot. Do those 2 mazes by 8, do the lower lot by 9, and that'll give you an hour and 45 mins to decide when to do Terror Tram. This is assuming it'll even be crowded. You could potentially do the backlot and lower lot in an hour.

Ah cool! I guess since its a Sunday the crowds will hopefully not be as bad. Fingers crossed!

Thank for the advice!

I'm trackin the wait times again tonight.

As much hell the backlot situation is for anyone who goes down there later in the night...

I'm seriously loving what its doing for the rest of the event.

As of now, an hour into the event, TWD and BS are both at 30 min waits. While everything else... 10 mins wait. Including the rides and TT.

I freakin love it.

• Like 1

9 o clock times

UPPER LOT

El Cucuy 40 min

Terror Tram 25 min

Monsters Remix 20 min

Bill & Ted 9:15 PM

Simpsons 25 min

LOWER LOT

Insidious 40 min

Evil Dead 30 min

Transformers 35 min

Revenge of the Mummy 20 min

Jurassic Park 10 min

BACKLOT

Walking Dead 105 min

Black Sabbath 60 min

• Like 1

12:30 times

UPPER LOT

El Cucuy 40 min

Terror Tram CLOSED

Monsters Remix 10 min

Bill & Ted 1:45 AM

Simpsons 40 min

LOWER LOT

Insidious 90 min

Evil Dead 55 min

Transformers 45 min

Revenge of the Mummy 40 min

Jurassic Park 20 min

BACKLOT

Walking Dead 100 min

Black Sabbath 80 min

• Like 1

10 PM times. Today is the most crowded since probably opening night. Insidious' time is the highest I've seen it.

UPPER LOT

El Cucuy 40 min

Terror Tram 30 min

Monsters Remix 10 min

Bill & Ted 11:15 PM

Simpsons 25 min

LOWER LOT

Insidious 110 min

Evil Dead 70 min

Transformers 50 min

Revenge of the Mummy 55 min

Jurassic Park 20 min

BACKLOT

Walking Dead 120 min

Black Sabbath 110 min

• Like 2

Sunday is hard to say. Terror Tram closes early but not as early as years before. Also, they always fudge up on the first 2 Sundays and then realize later in the run to sell less tickets those days - just a matter if they learned their lesson from prior years and do that from the get go or just fix the issue before it happens again.

Pure guesstimate, TT will have an hour line for the first hour and hulk up to an hour and a half after, possibly cooling down to a good 45 or less around 10. This will allievate crowds from the backlot for the first hour, giving those mazes down there a 15-20 min line and then pop up and maybe even balloon to 2 hours and 30 mins around 9 - 10, then maybe even get worse once TT is closed. Cucuy and Evil Dead will have fairly normal wait times. Insidious is a wild card. UMR will have a more steady flow of people going in since most people went to TT first instead, so expect maybe a 20 min line all night.

Remember, pure guesstimate.

I'm headed to Universal Hollywood for the first time next Saturday and am planning a day at the park including attractions during the day and HHN that night. I've been going to HHN Orlando since 1992 and have been a scareactor since 2003 so I'm a bit familiar with how everything works but wanted to ask you guys a few questions since you're all clearly the veterans of the Hollywood event.

Since I'll be in the park during the day and attending HHN that same night, is there any sort of Stay & Scream option? For instance here in Orlando they have a small holding area for day guests to wait the hour or so between close and reopen. Typically this allows for early access in to a few houses as well. I read on here about Hollywood's early access program but I haven't seen anything about guests staying in the parks from close to reopen. How exactly does this all work?

As I only have one night to experience this year's event, I definitely want to see it all, including Bill & Ted! Seems like the best plan of attack is to rush to the Backlot to hit Walking Dead and then Black Sabbath. Make my way back to the Lower Lot to do Insidious and then Evil Dead. Go up to the Upper Lot and hit Monsters Remix, El Cucuy, wrap back around to Bill & Ted and then the Terror Tram. Does this sound like a good plan of attack for a Saturday?

Also, what are these "prizes" and cards I keep reading about, particularly in reference to Insidious?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! I look forward to my first visit to the Hollywood event!

They dont have a stay and scream but there is a "city walk" just outside the gates for people to hang around.

The early access is for the backlot only.... which is strongly recommended especially if you are general admission. They let you in at the front around 630 i believe. and yes do backlot first and work your way to the front gate like you are planning.

If you follow halloween horror nights on twitter, John Murdy releases a code to say to the Tucker and Specs characters in the line for Insidious, you tell them that code they give you a little souvenir.

WEAR REALLY GOOD SHOES FIT FOR WALKING! You may know this..... my girlfriend wore slippers our first year and it didnt work well when we went on the terror tram.....alot of dirt you walk on and a steep hill you climb.

Have Fun! Dont knock hollywood too hard :-P

• Like 1

There is a day/night combo ticket that'll save you some money, but there isn't a holding area. You just gotta leave the park. I believe the park will close at 6. At that time, exit and go to the early access line. The early access line is let in 30 mins early (6:30) and you're let down to the backlot. You'll have those 2 mazes done by 715, which is about the time the regular entry guests are finally getting over there. This early access method will save you at least an hour of time. I also recommend seeing Bill and Ted last (it takes up quite a lot of time and you may risk missing a maze if for some reason its insanely busy) and save UMR for the last of the mazes as well since its a walk on around 12.

• Like 1

Sunday 8 PM times. Not bad. TT sees some inflation predicted, keeping the swelling on the backlot down some.

UPPER LOT

El Cucuy 15 min

Terror Tram 40 min

Monsters Remix 15 min

Simpsons 20 min

LOWER LOT

Insidious 25 mins

Evil Dead 10 min

Transformers 15 min

Revenge of the Mummy 10 min

Jurassic Park 10 min

BACKLOT

Walking Dead 50 min

Black Sabbath 25 min

9 PM Sunday times. Seems as if TT is still catching a lot of traffic, but now the backlot is catching wind.

UPPER LOT

El Cucuy 15 min

Terror Tram 40 min

Monsters Remix 10 min

Simpsons 30 min

LOWER LOT

Insidious 50 min

Evil Dead 30 min

Transformers 40 min

Revenge of the Mummy 20 min

Jurassic Park 15 min

BACKLOT

Walking Dead 65 min

Black Sabbath 50 min

I would just advise against it. There are plenty of great photographs all around the internet, and you'll enjoy yourself more if you breath in the event rather than trying to find something cool to take a picture of. Then again, I'm not a photographer.

Also, more than likely your camera will get wet. I remember TPA was doing maze coverage a few years ago and the scareactors would direct their nozzles at the lens ON PURPOSE. Mind you, this was a professional media venture and I believe the lens was ruined and they were not compensated or told sorry. God knows how they'll treat a regular guest with a camera.

But if you insist, there is no flash allowed. Do not stop to get your shot - this is what causes maze back ups. If you want to film for the sake of memory of how your group reacted, be behind them to catch their reactions. Mind you, you won't get scared at all yourself and 90 percent of the details will go over your head. Oh, and if you want a picture of a scare happening, try to catch it as the strobes are going off as it'll act as a flash.

Edited by DTH316

11 PM Sunday times. Now that TT is closed, the backlot numbers have risen, along with Insidious.

UPPER LOT

El Cucuy 20 min

Terror Tram CLOSED

Monsters Remix 10 min

Bill & Ted 11:15 PM

Simpsons 30 min

LOWER LOT

Insidious 85 min

Evil Dead 55 min

Transformers 40 min

Revenge of the Mummy 35 min

Jurassic Park 45 min

BACKLOT

Walking Dead 90 min

Black Sabbath 80 min

My recommendation for those wondering what to do on a Sunday or Thursday is still to go to the backlot first (with or without early access), then the lower lot, and then the Terror Tram. Your TT wait will be lengthier than normal, but one 40 min wait beats 2 40 min+ on the backlot and a 50 min+ for Insidious.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

I think word of mouth is spreading as the "not to be missed" maze. Opening weekend, it was slightly dominating ED, now its going waaay above it. And now its coming close to matching TWD and that's without the benefit of a tram load of people being pulsed to there.

I think by the end of next weekend, Insidious will start to hold the highest wait times.