Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

For the Ifrit scramble, it looks like it could be luNarEclipse (with the N and E in the bubbles)

There are twelve blanks and twelve bold letters.

iolccseilpso are the bold letters.

And oscilliscopes is those letters unjumbled.

C and I in the circles.

The answer spot is done in typical jumble style.

I spelled oscilloscopes wrong. Ignore oscilloscopes guess.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

The circles need to mean something...that's what's bothering me. Maybe those two letters need to have something in common. For example, the only letters out of the 12 bolded letters (which we are assuming comprise the anagram) that are NOT doubled are "P" and "E". So, maybe those two letters belong in the circles. Their order is unbeknownst to me, and I haven't been able to unscramble the letters yet. Though, a few words you could form from some of the 12 letters are ice, icicle, police, slice...so on and so forth

That's as far as I got before I wanted to gauge my eyes out lol

The circles need to mean something...that's what's bothering me. Maybe those two letters need to have something in common. For example, the only letters out of the 12 bolded letters (which we are assuming comprise the anagram) that are NOT doubled are "P" and "E". So, maybe those two letters belong in the circles. Their order is unbeknownst to me, and I haven't been able to unscramble the letters yet. Though, a few words you could form from some of the 12 letters are ice, icicle, police, slice...so on and so forth

That's as far as I got before I wanted to gauge my eyes out lol

In jumbles, you usually have multiple words to unscramble. Each word will usually have one to three "circle" blanks. The circle letters end up giving you a final bonus word that you must unscramble.

Side note: oscilliscopes is a common misspelling of oscilloscopes. Ifrit, did you misspell the word?

Oscilliscopes are used to show wave forms, like sound waves. They are used in many fields including telecommunications.

Cry, wail, and mute relate to sound.

C and L would be the circle letters, if oscilliscopes is correct. Jumbles are harder when you aren't writing in the boxes.

I think my circle letters are correct. Someone want to double check me?

Keep thinking of things to add. Oscilloscopes are also used in the medical field. You would also see them in labs. They are the monitors that show wave forms.

Cabin in the Woods.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Oscilliscopes are used to show wave forms, like sound waves. They are used in many fields including telecommunications.

Cry, wail, and mute relate to sound.

C and L would be the circle letters, if oscilliscopes is correct. Jumbles are harder when you aren't writing in the boxes.

I think my circle letters are correct. Someone want to double check me?

Keep thinking of things to add. Oscilloscopes are also used in the medical field. You would also see them in labs. They are the monitors that show wave forms.

Cabin in the Woods.

Hey everyone! Trying to catch up, so forgive me if I'm being dense here.

But how the heck did you get to Cabin in the Woods?

Perhaps this would be more obvious if I'd seen the movie, but I have no clue how you got that from Oscilloscopes and C/L.

Hey everyone! Trying to catch up, so forgive me if I'm being dense here.

But how the heck did you get to Cabin in the Woods?

Perhaps this would be more obvious if I'd seen the movie, but I have no clue how you got that from Oscilloscopes and C/L.

Haven't seen it myself, but from descriptions I've heard there is a lab in the movie.

Only movie I could think of that had a lab.

Unless the clue is solely referencing sound waves. In that case, I would guess Silent Hill or Silence of the Lambs.

Just guesses, and if The Ifrit is keeping to true jumble style, this first clue actually gives us nothing. We can't guess, because the riddle applies to the bonus word. We can't get the bonus word until we receive the rest of the jumble.

EDIT: Sometimes I hate that my phone knows what I talk about most.

It autocorrected seen to scene because I type the scene too much (house scene, movie scene).

Edited by mystiquephreeq

WOW you are quick Heather. So a word jumble. I guess I've never done one of those. I had no idea what the circles meant :P

OK well I guess more clues will follow then.

I spent 6 months of my life stuck in a "gifted" class that assumed doing nothing but puzzles as class work was a good idea.

Yep, I got a middle school grade for doing nothing but cryptograms, rhebus puzzles, jumbles, word searches, fill ins, crosswords, anagrams etc etc etc.

*headdesk* Sometimes I think Florida's school system is doomed. This was a substitute class for reading, because I was "advanced". Advanced means my teachers had no clue what to do with a student who wanted to learn.

So, I get to do another Jumble? Yay!!

*waits patiently*

• Like 2

I hear ya my gifted classes mostly included... well nothing. Honestly can't say what we actually did.

I never was all that great with scrambled words though. I always cheat and use an online descrambler. <_<

I spent 6 months of my life stuck in a "gifted" class that assumed doing nothing but puzzles as class work was a good idea.

Yep, I got a middle school grade for doing nothing but cryptograms, rhebus puzzles, jumbles, word searches, fill ins, crosswords, anagrams etc etc etc.

*headdesk* Sometimes I think Florida's school system is doomed. This was a substitute class for reading, because I was "advanced". Advanced means my teachers had no clue what to do with a student who wanted to learn.

So, I get to do another Jumble? Yay!!

*waits patiently*

I took the same class in middle school...also in florida. it was called "enrichment" class.

I hear ya my gifted classes mostly included... well nothing. Honestly can't say what we actually did.

I never was all that great with scrambled words though. I always cheat and use an online descrambler. <_<

If I'm pressed for time I use a descrambler. Like with HU and time limits.

This one, I spotted the word scope and I knew I was looking for something to do with sound due to the quote from the Ifrit.

Best way to unscramble words. Most multisyllabic words have other words in them. You just have to train your eye to pull out the other words. It helps that I'm slightly dyslexic.

If the Ifrit is coinciding his/her clues with Dr. Jimmy, I'm going to speculate the following.

I guessed 99 Luftballoons for Balloons. This usually references nuclear war as does the doomsday clock the Ifrit posted.

Then I got to thinking, what if it's just war in general. Two nuclear holocaust houses back to back seemed unlikely. That made me think hmmm war, Nightingales? What else is war related?

Dogs of War!!! So

My guess for Balloons and the Ifrit's first post is the Dogs of War return.

Guess for Kevin and The Ifrit's second post is Cabin in the Woods.

As long as we don't get more jumbles that point in a different direction.

• Like 1

If I'm pressed for time I use a descrambler. Like with HU and time limits.

This one, I spotted the word scope and I knew I was looking for something to do with sound due to the quote from the Ifrit.

Best way to unscramble words. Most multisyllabic words have other words in them. You just have to train your eye to pull out the other words. It helps that I'm slightly dyslexic.

If the Ifrit is coinciding his/her clues with Dr. Jimmy, I'm going to speculate the following.

I guessed 99 Luftballoons for Balloons. This usually references nuclear war as does the doomsday clock the Ifrit posted.

Then I got to thinking, what if it's just war in general. Two nuclear holocaust houses back to back seemed unlikely. That made me think hmmm war, Nightingales? What else is war related?

Dogs of War!!! So

My guess for Balloons and the Ifrit's first post is the Dogs of War return.

Guess for Kevin and The Ifrit's second post is Cabin in the Woods.

As long as we don't get more jumbles that point in a different direction.

This could just be me and my paranoia but...would nuclear war be such a great topic for HHN to dive into considering current real world events? Maybe it doesn't matter...I'm probably being overdramatic. Shocker. But it's a thought.

I love the cabin in the woods idea as much as you do, but just to play devil's advocate here for a moment....I can't help but think that the "Kevin" reference in the film might be a little too obscure of a reference in terms of its presence. For example, let's go back to "balloons"...if we were to start naming all the horror movies that have ever had balloons in them, we'd be here all day. Off the top of my head, I know Omen had red balloons in it for a very short time (seconds, I think)...but I figured it was too obscure of a reference, so I didn't really bother with it.

Or I'm just really bad with disappointment and I don't want to get my hopes up about the awesomeness of a cabin in the woods house lol

This could just be me and my paranoia but...would nuclear war be such a great topic for HHN to dive into considering current real world events? Maybe it doesn't matter...I'm probably being overdramatic. Shocker. But it's a thought.

I love the cabin in the woods idea as much as you do, but just to play devil's advocate here for a moment....I can't help but think that the "Kevin" reference in the film might be a little too obscure of a reference in terms of its presence. For example, let's go back to "balloons"...if we were to start naming all the horror movies that have ever had balloons in them, we'd be here all day. Off the top of my head, I know Omen had red balloons in it for a very short time (seconds, I think)...but I figured it was too obscure of a reference, so I didn't really bother with it.

Or I'm just really bad with disappointment and I don't want to get my hopes up about the awesomeness of a cabin in the woods house lol

The Good Doctor used waterspouts to signify gargoyles last year. Nothing is too obscure.

Also this Kevin was kinda conspicuous. He was the only one no one bet on and and I saw a screencap, out of all the monsters listed his name sticks out. It's a proper name. Also, out of all the monsters listed, Kevin is under deadites. Looking at the list, Deadites is the only monster listed that is given its proper movie name. Kinda draws the eye to that spot.

As for nuclear war, I revised my guess to be Dogs of War. The super soldiers from Havoc. I probably didn't make that clear enough.

What I meant was: It seems unlikely to me that we would have nuclear holocaust houses two years in a row. So, I'm guessing that the Dogs of War will return.

• Like 2

Found one word so far:

caziques

The word is known as the highest scoring word in scrabble.

It's a type of oriole.

I have tried googling other variations of the letters, in case it was a foreign word, but no luck so far.

Unable to do much more right now. Feeding myself and a 10 month old.

Edited by mystiquephreeq