Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Wait? I referenced 16 Candles???? Huh??? I'm sorry but where and how did I do that?

I'm sorry but if there is any such reference in any post I made yesterday it was purely coincidental and unintentional. If or when I ever reference that film, I will surely mention either underpants or Long Duk Dong.

Anthony perkins was in psycho and also played Dr. Jekyll and Jack Hyde in "Edge of Sanity." That sort of ties in to the Jekyll/Hyde clues going around. Plus with Legacy's comment on motels and all this talk of the mind maybe it is something to do with Psycho.

Edited by Mini-Director

This guy gets it.

Stop trying to force Flashback's concept only into what you've seen before. LT doesn't have to tie directly into a house to be a part of the event. A prison doesnt have to be anything like Hellgate. hell, a "prison" doesn't have to have anything to do with a prison at all (like a motel doesn't have to actually be about a motel).

. What's the world coming to when flashback doesn't mean flashback lol :)

. OMG! " The Beginning" lol

Anthony perkins was in psycho and also played Dr. Jekyll and Jack Hyde in "Edge of Sanity." That sort of ties in to the Jekyll/Hyde clues going around. Plus with Legacy's comment on motels and all this talk of the mind maybe it is something to do with Psycho.

If he meant anything by the word motel, I think Legacy would be trying to point us towards the HHN IX house Psycho: Through the Mind of Norman Bates. This house took place inside Norman's mind and had nothing to do with the Psycho motel. This means we are getting something based on the concept of going through a character's mind, not something to do with Norman Bates.

Also, other than the musical Jekyll and Hyde being used as a reference for a clue word, where did all this Jekyll and Hyde talk come from? The clue just used a lyric from the show, it did not necessarily imply the show or concept of the show as a whole.

Edited by Cooger and Dark

Yep, everything seems crazy convoluted at this point.

If it's "more realistic", as Legacy suggests, then I'm going with something incredibly literal and simple....something like Alcatraz, and the murderers who died there...or tried to escape from there. For example, Al Capone. It would be cool to experience the screwed up inner workings of his mind, no? I could be wrong. I think the Jekyll/Hyde connection was simply so we connected to a specific word, like "London" or "hell". In London, there's a hotel called Alcatraz....where your hotel room is actually a jail cell. Crazy rt? Idk if it's related, but at this point, so much is being thrown around, I just want to get back to the basics.

I'm confused as to how the Ifrit's latest clue is getting lumped into Flashback? The Ifrit gave a prison clue two weeks ago. If the pattern of clue (series) a week holds firm, the Jekyll/Hyde has nothing to do with the prison in the first place.

• Like 1

The issue with all the confusion, in my opinion, is that we effectively have four different people all being clever and giving clues that make sense individually to them, but to the masses (i.e. the rest of us) it's causing crossed wires, leaps of logic, and going down rabbit holes trying to connect it all. Especially with LT doing the same thing right now. I know you guys are excited about all of this and about all of us trying to figure it out, but it feels like there are too many cooks in the kitchen right now.

Prison - New haunted house/mansion/barn/McDonald's/whatever. Ghosts can't leave. LT device is back, a la Spirit Seekers in 2010.

Flashback - If the "prison" ties into this clue, then I'm going with the above, and the flashbacks are them replaying their deaths in the house. If not, I'm going to pick Dr. Jimmy's HU house as this, and the flashbacks are for last year's legions, and parts of older houses that fit in. Why? Because I liked the idea of his. :)

• Like 1

well geeze I didn't want to spell it out but if you really want me to I can point you to the main post that is the give away...

The problem lies in even knowing the answer is a bit confusing. It's not the full picture (which I'm sort of glad about bc knowing everything going into it can steal some of the thunder.)

• Like 2

well geeze I didn't want to spell it out but if you really want me to I can point you to the main post that is the give away...

The problem lies in even knowing the answer is a bit confusing. It's not the full picture (which I'm sort of glad about bc knowing everything going into it can steal some of the thunder.)

LOL Hope my last post didn't come off as sounding harsh or anything. BTW, now I've gone and looked at your other statuses, and even though I'm sure they aren't connected, it's making me think of Call of Cthulhu, and the prison being R'lyeh, trapped beneath the waves. Don't get me hopes up like that!

No offense taken. I get it's confusing. I'm on the fence right now about if it is prudent to solve the riddle in front of everyone. The answer will only make you scratch your head some more... At least it did for me.

but, Likewise its all been said in the forum and its a matter of pointing to the right posts.

The issue with all the confusion, in my opinion, is that we effectively have four different people all being clever and giving clues that make sense individually to them, but to the masses (i.e. the rest of us) it's causing crossed wires, leaps of logic, and going down rabbit holes trying to connect it all. Especially with LT doing the same thing right now. I know you guys are excited about all of this and about all of us trying to figure it out, but it feels like there are too many cooks in the kitchen right now.

^This is the source of the confusion. JDW, we don't want anyone to spell it out as we thoroughly enjoy the puzzle game, but looking for hidden meanings and secret phrases in various posts from everyone in the know is indeed having too many cooks in the kitchen. No one change anything, but I hope this clarifies the confusion.

I agree with justchristy, I think the latest clues about the prison house simply point towards a murderer who is in prison and is facing the death penalty. As he is being electricuted in the chair, we get a glimpse of his mind through a series of flashbacks that ultimately led him to the place he is today. The question I have is if it is inspired by someone or by a real event. I thought I made a connection, but it seems I was moving down the wrong path. Someone earlier mentioned Alice Cooper - this IS NOT what I'm suggesting - but, rather we would follow the path of this murderer just as we have with both Alice Cooper last year and with Norman Bates in 2006.

• Like 4

I also thought that it would be a cool idea to make Cabin in the Woods an overarching theme; someone has previously suggested this, but I am NOT going to search through 50 pages to find it. If this is you, you may take the initial credit. :)

I can imagine the website depicting a cabin in the middle of the night that invites us into its cellar to explore various odd, and seemingly very different, items. SPOILER ALERT - We can then pick up an item to investigate its meaning, which would then take us to one of the houses or scarezones at HHN. Meanwhile, we have summoned the specific creature that we fear from the Facility. The cabin or the Director (not Paolo) could represent our icon. Cabin in the Woods is a new-age horror movie that explains the meaning behind horror movies. There's even a sacrificial chamber that we can explore as part of LT. Now, the question is . . . is LT running the Facility - or are they investigating the odd occurences that are occuring at the cabin?

The only thing holding me back from this idea is that CitW has its own house. That fact seems to complicate things and turns me away from this idea. But, regardless, it is a cool idea, at least in my opinion. ^_^

K... I'll stop helping then huzzah! :)

Wait a minute . . . I didn't say to "stop helping" altogether. :(

Oh, and Dr. Jimmy, there was a post made in the status page (I think) that was a conversation between the Lumberjack and Long Duk Dong, which pointed me towards HHN 16 (Sweet 16) since Chalres made a comment that this mysterious house is a combination of two houses from past years. If it wasn't your status, I'm sorry - but someone out there (maybe Legacy?) referenced this. I can't keep things straight anymore. :)

• Like 1

All I'm gonna say is one individual has basically described about 90% of what is currently known about the house in one post... The other 10%, which in my opinion is the coolest part surrounding the house...is described on here but in a different post. It's up to you to put the pieces together :)

I also thought that it would be a cool idea to make Cabin in the Woods an overarching theme; someone has previously suggested this, but I am NOT going to search through 50 pages to find it. If this is you, you may take the initial credit. :)

I can imagine the website depicting a cabin in the middle of the night that invites us into its cellar to explore various odd, and seemingly very different, items. SPOILER ALERT - We can then pick up an item to investigate its meaning, which would then take us to one of the houses or scarezones at HHN. Meanwhile, we have summoned the specific creature that we fear from the Facility. The cabin or the Director (not Paolo) could represent our icon. Cabin in the Woods is a new-age horror movie that explains the meaning behind horror movies. There's even a sacrificial chamber that we can explore as part of LT. Now, the question is . . . is LT running the Facility - or are they investigating the odd occurences that are occuring at the cabin?

The only thing holding me back from this idea is that CitW has its own house. That fact seems to complicate things and turns me away from this idea. But, regardless, it is a cool idea, at least in my opinion. ^_^

Wait a minute . . . I didn't say to "stop helping" altogether. :(

Oh, and Dr. Jimmy, there was a post made in the status page (I think) that was a conversation between the Lumberjack and Long Duk Dong, which pointed me towards HHN 16 (Sweet 16) since Chalres made a comment that this mysterious house is a combination of two houses from past years. If it wasn't your status, I'm sorry - but someone out there (maybe Legacy?) referenced this. I can't keep things straight anymore. :)

This sounds like a cool idea. Considering that (spoiler a little) they contained all those creatures including the strangers. It could set up some really neat stuff.

I think Robert Gleason has been the only real-life murderer that's been given as a clue...not sure.

There's been another one... And that's the answer.

Although who posted it on here didn't realize how specific the clue was.

Just so happens there is a song from Assassins called "How I saved Roosevelt"...hmmmmm

Thus, Dr. Jimmy's "Sondheim is another house," in regards to the ifrit's Jekyll and Hyde clue, and my "NPH" follow-up.