Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

There's also a movie from the 80's called "Prison" that has a similar plot. Except the guy electrocuted was wrongly accused and I think came back to haunt those who wronged him via electricity...like he would get vengeance that way. I might be mixing this up with something else...idk. But anyway, the idea of electricity is interesting...what if there were a way to make guests "feel" like they were getting electrocuted too?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098320/

...Insinuating that, bc HHN is more than just a local haunt, it won't just be electrocution? Lethal injection, hanging, suicide....etc.? The different ways to die in a prison?

Death Row Vengeance at HOS focused on, well, execution. Lethal injection, hanging, electric chair, firing range, gas chamber, and more, all done. Well done, too. Edited by ThreeCircles
  • Like 1

Most local haunts just electrocute you...

Are we talking about the extreme house here?? This just came to me suddenly when I was thinking about death and experiencing death...and electrocution. Part of the extreme house idea was electric chairs.

Ok, the latest status update from JDW has the quote "Don't stare at me, you got them bug eyes!... Janine! Sorry about the bug eyes thing I'll be in my office." That is from the movie "Ghostbusters." Ok, let's take another stab at this so to speak. How about a house where Legendary Truth is investigating Hellgate Prison and the house would be a cross of that house and the Wyandot Estate house, thus the reference to ghosts. Maybe they are trying to trap or capture the ghosts of murderers that are present at Hellgate. The spirits of these murderers are unleashed and mayhem ensues.

Okay, so the contraction for "it is" = it's

These are the occurences of "it's" in song lyrics from the jekyll and hyde musical:

"It's the feeling of being Edward Hyde" from "Alive"

I'm going with this one instead. We have been speculating on a Jekyll and Hyde house/theme/icon for years.

*Staring you in the face as it were

*Electrocution

*Flashback

*Dissect

. . . just to name a few connections I've found.

Could LT be investigating the mysteries behind Dr. Jekyll's research? Dr. Jekyll states "I bring the life of that unhappy Henry Jekyll to an end." With Jekyll's "disappearance" and Hyde facing execution, perhaps Edward Hyde is now in prison facing his sentence.

Also, with everything seeming to be paired and connected this year, perhaps we will be viewing these events through the eyes of both Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. (Icon anyone - hey, we can wish, can't we?) Besides, wasn't Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde the first horror movie by Universal in 1913, which started the 100 years of Universal - and the 100 years of horror?

Mystique already played the six degrees of separation very well and this could play into effect here, too.

LT investigates HAVOC due to tie-in with NJ (remember the bunker was in Cape May, NJ)

HAVOC and the original prison house are . . . original

The original prison house and The Walking Dead have prisons

The Walking Dead, Resident Evil, and Evil Dead are about "zombies"

Evil Dead and Cabin in the Woods have "zombies" and a cabin

Cabin in the Woods and American Werewolf in London have creatures (a werewolf may stick out here)

La Llorona tie-in?

LT could be investigating both the military bunker in NJ (HAVOC) and the prison. Or, the prison is solely based on Jekyll and Hyde and LT is only involved with the HAVOC facility and its research. Maybe LT is an overarching "theme" like in 2008 and each house and scarezone will be investigated.

• Like 1

This guy gets it.

Stop trying to force Flashback's concept only into what you've seen before. LT doesn't have to tie directly into a house to be a part of the event. A prison doesnt have to be anything like Hellgate. hell, a "prison" doesn't have to have anything to do with a prison at all (like a motel doesn't have to actually be about a motel).

• Like 2

Could be you folks look to deep. Although I guess you are conditioned to no? Really, I'm not posting anymore hints... Everyone is too smart for me to come up with ways to hide stuff...

You are jumping to conclusions as most of my "hints" are just in jokes to myself.

OK I will say one more thing... Here is a clue, everything you need to know about the last house has already been revealed in this thread... In as much, at least, as everything that is known so far. Obviosuly things have strayed far from the course so you may want to go back to the beginning.

This guy gets it.

Stop trying to force Flashback's concept only into what you've seen before. LT doesn't have to tie directly into a house to be a part of the event. A prison doesnt have to be anything like Hellgate. hell, a "prison" doesn't have to have anything to do with a prison at all (like a motel doesn't have to actually be about a motel).

Okay, so I think we now have the idea that the "prison" is simply someone's mind during a very traumatic event or time in his or her life. Now it makes sense, yesterday Dr. Jimmy made a post very loosely referencing the movie 16 Candles and I refreshed the houses from 2006 in my mind. I glanced through the list, but nothing checked out at the time. Now I see the incestuous connection. I wasn't too far off with Jekyll and Hyde after all. It's no different than a situation where a harmless species has evolved to imitate the warning signals of a harmful species directed at a common predator.

Edit: Thanks, JDW, for confirming my new idea. (I was typing this post and I didn't notice your post above until afterwards.)

Actually... I think Jekyll and Hyde is way off base with the premise/concept of this house.

Jeramy is dead on, people are really over complicating this house (and the event as a whole). I would love to go back through this thread since the Ifrit posted that blasted prison clue and point out every single hint just in this thread. There have been dozens. As Jimmy said, the answer is staring you in the face...

A few pages ago I posted an idea of what I thought it was and was told to flip the script. To me, it honestly just sounds like a house where we are going through the thoughts of a murderer as he is being electrocuted to death. Given that the clue was flashback it sounds like we start with him riding old sparky and then journey into his final thoughts which are all the crimes he has committed.

• Like 5

I'm not saying now that it's like Jekyll and Hyde - that post was last night. This morning, I'm saying that Jekyll and Hyde and mother and son are not far off if you look at the concept of a mind being like a prison. *That is, unless I'm still wrong and it's not time to check out.