HHN Hollywood 2013 Construction

Went to the park for a couple of hours today. You know what that means. NEW const. Update!

First off, Persian Square. Not much progress though.

2013-07-27130025.jpg

2013-07-27130237.jpg

2013-07-27130318.jpg

Evil Dead:

2013-07-27131003.jpg

JP Queue:

2013-07-27133057.jpg

2013-07-27133107.jpg

2013-07-27133108.jpg

2013-07-27133110.jpg

2013-07-27133120.jpg

New house location?

2013-07-27133531.jpg

Ooooohhhh, what's that on the left?

2013-07-27133534.jpg

Part 2 coming up!

More wood. I guess that will be a new maze location.

2013-07-27133540.jpg

Also, maze location #2 has been cracked.

2013-07-27133625.jpg

Here's a better look:

2013-07-27133626.jpg

It appears longer than the JP venue

2013-07-27133630.jpg

There was nothing going on at the Terror Tram venue except which you have already seen. That does it for today!

• Like 1

is anyone thinking that this whole area here can be Walking Dead related??

I mean John did tweet this out and it made me wonder why there is two big tent areas there

"WEST GEORGIA CORRECTIONAL FACILITY, which of course means we're building a prison...a BIG one.."

"But you'll also venture outside the walls of the prison...and make a stop in the town of WOODBURY...including the Governor's aquarium room.."

"The Walking Dead will also be the theme of this year's TERROR TRAM, but different from last year. Its more what happens OUTSIDE THE PRISON"

"That includes THE TOWN OF WOODBURY and that creepy WALKER PIT...mmmm...burned walkers....mmmmm"

300xx69.png

I may be going ahead to much but to me it looks like the first big area can be the Prison maze the middle can be Woodsbury and the last tent idk

then again it could all just be for a movie lol

Tree Rape!!!! :D

Well murdy did kind of hint that we will be getting kindasorta raped by the trees. I'm guessing hanging branches or branches to the left and right of us that we will have to push past.

BTW I'm guessing, if the SS thing is a maze, it's probably the unannounced one that murdy went through yesterday (which would explain open doors)

• Like 1

Kinda? I didn't really get a good look since I was driving by in the tram. I do remember seeing a pallet or two. I figured if it turns out to be anything later construction would show up...and right now that certainly looks like later construction. Very excited for this for a few reasons. It should make knocking out the first three (or more? Soundstages can hold more than one maze...) mazes pretty easy too since they are all so close to each other. Woe be unto him who goes into the lower lot later in the night though.

We're not getting eight mazes. Murdy confirmed that Orlando has more mazes this year than USH. However, seven is still less than eight. As it's been said, new locations don't really swing the seven maze pendulum either way. Right now confirmed we have HOH, Paris, Mummy, and JP. Kiiinda confirmed is SS28 and that New York structure. Sound stages are pretty big, so they could fit two mazes in theory. It would also fit Murdy's "three new locations" comments, since it's reasonable to say SS28 is one location. So nothing too solid but getting a SS does help our chances of seven mazes.

So some people are a bit PO'ed that there's a repeat terror tram. If it turns out that the terror tram has a maze at the end of it some people might see that as cheating. So it would make sense to combat the stigma attached to those two decisions. Getting a new tram route would really combat a lot of the deja vu that would be occur if we had zombies in whoville/bates/etc again. We already know that there are a few scenes that are near the size of the Gates of Hell, which would require a lot of space. We already know that there is a prison being built for the facade. We already know that the TT is going to be based on what's happening "outside of the prison." So it makes sense (not sure, but it makes sense with the hints) to say that although it is a repeated property with two attractions and they are combining the two attractions, they are going to give us a massive maze with all new scenes and a new TT route. I don't know about you guys, but if that's the case I'm freaking sold.

• Like 2

We're not getting eight mazes. Murdy confirmed that Orlando has more mazes this year than USH. However, seven is still less than eight. As it's been said, new locations don't really swing the seven maze pendulum either way. Right now confirmed we have HOH, Paris, Mummy, and JP. Kiiinda confirmed is SS28 and that New York structure. Sound stages are pretty big, so they could fit two mazes in theory. It would also fit Murdy's "three new locations" comments, since it's reasonable to say SS28 is one location. So nothing too solid but getting a SS does help our chances of seven mazes. So some people are a bit PO'ed that there's a repeat terror tram. If it turns out that the terror tram has a maze at the end of it some people might see that as cheating. So it would make sense to combat the stigma attached to those two decisions. Getting a new tram route would really combat a lot of the deja vu that would be occur if we had zombies in whoville/bates/etc again. We already know that there are a few scenes that are near the size of the Gates of Hell, which would require a lot of space. We already know that there is a prison being built for the facade. We already know that the TT is going to be based on what's happening "outside of the prison." So it makes sense (not sure, but it makes sense with the hints) to say that although it is a repeated property with two attractions and they are combining the two attractions, they are going to give us a massive maze with all new scenes and a new TT route. I don't know about you guys, but if that's the case I'm freaking sold.
So are we basically getting 2 TWD mazes? One maze in the upper lot/lower lot. While another maze in the backlot which is part of the TT route? So seems like we're getting 7 mazes: Evil Dead, TWD, TWD (terror tram), Insidious, HOH, Trickster & Pumpkin?

Im meant in future years

Well in that case, take my "maybe this year" and turn it into a "most likely" in the future. Murdy's tweets don't bode well for DM or Shrek coming back. At looking at the construction for Universal Plaza, that venue doesn't seem to have space for a maze of any kind. But with the event becoming more and more popular, these new venues that are popping up in places that wouldn't have happened in the past does pave the way for new stuff. Not only does a more popular event=a bigger budget but the more popular event is the more people expect from it, ergo making more mazes per year something that has to happen due to demand.

Seven mazes actually seems likely now. SS28, SS28, NY, Paris, JP, Mummy, HOH. So in the future could we catch up to Orlando? Yeah.

In theory, the one TWD maze would be the one massive maze as part of the tram. But I'm just guessing here, I could easily be wrong.

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1