Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

OT but I just wanted to share this... I just finished putting together a 3-disc DVD set of HHN 2006 - 2012. Every maze, every Bill and Ted, every scare zone, every Terror Tram and much more bonus footage, like behind the screams for each year, interviews, guest & celebrity reactions, lights on tours, music videos, commercial TV spots, short film contest entries, opening scaramonies, Insult Emporium, La Llorona Diaries, Eyegore Awards and much more. 5 gbs of video and most of it is only 360p or less. Not looking to sell it or anything... just wanted to share my obsession/fandom. :)

Put that on a torrent site and I'll download it.

• Like 1

Probably because it was an agreement with the studio. Contracts and whatnot.

Yeah, makes sense. If the big announcement is on a day that the GP can order the movie right then and there and what the contest is, that's going to increase impulse buys by a few hundred dvds for sure.

“@freddykrueger8: @HorrorNights what happend to the maze announcement?” @HorrorNights: @freddykrueger8 It's coming...Monkey or Tues”

nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo it can't come not the monkey Dx

anywho no lie i'm kinda excited for the new venue.

btw does anybody else get the vibe that Evildead is the theam and we are gonna get the same tag line as Orlando "Evil has taken root"? I can imagine the opening scaramonies reading from the book over the speakers

• Like 1

I sorta do its gonna be the biggest property at the event that isn't walking dead (which is a repeat) so maybe. I just hope they don't advertise so much about a single property, I mean I know there's agreements in contracts and stuff, but last year was ridiculous with the walking dead. The whole terror tram clip was an ad and I feel like it drastically took away from the experience

• Like 3

I sorta do its gonna be the biggest property at the event that isn't walking dead (which is a repeat) so maybe. I just hope they don't advertise so much about a single property, I mean I know there's agreements in contracts and stuff, but last year was ridiculous with the walking dead. The whole terror tram clip was an ad and I feel like it drastically took away from the experience

I agree.

With all the different locations, it seems that the event this year will have somewhat of a "fresh" feel. HHN has been on a roll; I hope the changes will enhance what is already a top notch event. Looking forward (obviously) to the property announcements and intrigued to what John Murdy pitched regarding the RIP. For starters, I am hoping for an extra scarezone at the tour stops; last year was cheesy. If your going to try to scare someone, why not have actual scareactors instead of making noises, shutting doors, turning on lights, etc. If you are going to pay more for admission, why would you get less scares at one of the attractions? That was the only downfall of the VIP/RIP tour from last year.

on a side note did anyone connect what codename Evildead is?

When it comes down to the clues, the only two I thought were related to Evil Dead was "Name Game" or "John". The name game has many clues that lead to American Werewolf in London (including the picture clue). But, what if we are not getting AWIL? I would then say Name Game would be Evil Dead since David Schwimmer (Ross) from Friends, slept with the copy-girl on the show. The actress is named Angela Featherstone who also played Ash's love interest at the end of Army of Darkness, part of the Evil Dead series. Too many clues, not enough brain power :blink: !

Edited by AsylumSB

looks like we are gonna get another "U" maze D:

Not necessarily; the exit could be on the other side by Terminator/Despicable Me. There's a large archway there that seems appropriate for an end to the maze. At this point it's hard to tell.

Not necessarily; the exit could be on the other side by Terminator/Despicable Me. There's a large archway there that seems appropriate for an end to the maze. At this point it's hard to tell.

I could very well see the maze form into an "L" shape. Even if it was just Mel's and the square, the venue would still be a tad small. Murdy did mention that it would spillover into somewhere else, so I'm going to guess it will go into French Street. The maze will go out the back of the square and then into Baker St.