Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

I just had the strangest thought and feeling............

Has anyone ever suggested Batman; Arkham Asylum as a maze?

That would be Amazing! I've played both games and I'm a huge Batman fan, I mean look at my username for F*** Sake haha but it could totally work, Joker as the main icon takes over TT, has a maze and a SZ. And the other inmates or the villains have mazes! Anyways sorry if I'm going off speculation you guys Edited by The Riddlers Son

With the announcements coming up soon, I wanted to throw out my official speculation line up: - Insidious - Evil Dead - The Walking Dead or Resident Evil - Universal Monsters Remix 2.0 - Alice Cooper III - Other Original Maze
You don't think there's a 7th maze/Soundstage? & I have a feeling that THE WALKING DEAD will get a hold of the soundstage if we get one or if we get Soundstage 28 that it will be "Phantom of the Opera" related (member the Alice Cooper/Phantom of the Opera hybrid maze idea?)

You don't think there's a 7th maze/Soundstage? & I have a feeling that THE WALKING DEAD will get a hold of the soundstage if we get one or if we get Soundstage 28 that it will be "Phantom of the Opera" related (member the Alice Cooper/Phantom of the Opera hybrid maze idea?)

We're lucky to be maintaining 6 (possibly through Soundstage) attractions in our cluttered park. I want to believe this is another expand year but I have my doubts due to Construction.

All signs point to UMR returning in some variation, whether it be maze or scarezone. My guess is from the character design contest and from what Murdy said about the scarezones.

As for a seventh maze, idk. If they can find another spot on the upper lot, then maybe. Afterall, having 4 mazes (assuming they put 2 mazes in one soundstage) and 3 major rides on the lower lot would actually put the majority of attractions down there. The lines would be insane. Probably the best way to counter that is to merge the lines for the 2 mazes in the soundstage as a back-to-back experience much like Knotts does with their warehouse mazes. But that wouldn't really spread out guests, as the lines would be packed just as much as always.

• Like 1

All signs point to UMR returning in some variation, whether it be maze or scarezone. My guess is from the character design contest and from what Murdy said about the scarezones

He was talking to Figure on twitter saying he was looking forward to working with him this year as well.

Edited by Ridesandstuff

This would be amazing, but since Warner Bros. already have theme parks that do Halloween events (Six Flags) they'd probably let them have the first go at it... even though Six Flags theme parks never do anything creative for their Fright Fest.... EVER.

a maze ala Maximum Carnage that would be awsome but WB have been giving us problems with TrT and Exorcist so I doubt it, I always thought on subjects of comic book properties a Marvel Zombies maze would of been cool.

after the fail of ED at knotts I hope Sony gives a little to HHN or Murdy Swollow his pride.

• Like 1

With WB having all these hold outs, Fright Fest better do these damn mazes themselves before they go out of business. Imagine the PR they'd get if they did Exorcist? And all the hardcore TrT fans who'd swarm the place? And the people who's dream it is to walk into Arkham Asylum to come face to face with Killer Croc or Scarecrow? Id be there opening night, even if it did suck. Also, not to forget, Six Flags had ties to Resident Evil last year... hmmmm.

With WB having all these hold outs, Fright Fest better do these damn mazes themselves before they go out of business. Imagine the PR they'd get if they did Exorcist? And all the hardcore TrT fans who'd swarm the place? And the people who's dream it is to walk into Arkham Asylum to come face to face with Killer Croc or Scarecrow? Id be there opening night, even if it did suck. Also, not to forget, Six Flags had ties to Resident Evil last year... hmmmm.

That'd be nice, wouldn't it. I almost had an internship with them this summer, specifically wanting to work on Fright Fest but I was told they literally do no work on the project until Late August/Early September. At least this is the one is Chicago. They are sitting on such great properties and don't do crap with them. I mean Six Flags is a WB Cartoon/DC Comics theme park. A "Arkham Breakout" theme'd event is a no brainer.

All signs point to UMR returning in some variation, whether it be maze or scarezone. My guess is from the character design contest and from what Murdy said about the scarezones.

As for a seventh maze, idk. If they can find another spot on the upper lot, then maybe. Afterall, having 4 mazes (assuming they put 2 mazes in one soundstage) and 3 major rides on the lower lot would actually put the majority of attractions down there. The lines would be insane. Probably the best way to counter that is to merge the lines for the 2 mazes in the soundstage as a back-to-back experience much like Knotts does with their warehouse mazes. But that wouldn't really spread out guests, as the lines would be packed just as much as always.

Unless there's another upper lot venue, there has to be two new lower lot venues to have at least six mazes.

If there's Shrek, HOH, (upper lot mazes) Mummy, JP, and just one maze in the soundstage that's five mazes and a bunch of leftover space. If there's an upper lot venue and a soundstage with one maze (which would still have the majority of the event in the lower lot) we are at six mazes. If there's nothing new on the upper lot and two mazes in a soundstage there's six mazes.

Besides, one of those venues is the weakest draw in HHN, so the upper lot is already at a serious handicap for the battle of where people will be. If you factor in rides, the lower lot currently has three rides and the upper lot has one that is open during HHN. Lower lot dominance is going to be a nightmare, but it's going to happen no matter what.

It's probably fear of trying to step into HHN's domain without the budget to really compete with them. If they are doing what Knott's is doing, that's easier to match quality wise. Although Knott's has been stepping up their game as well so...

My best guess is something original. I hope they don't go for another folklore maze for the same reason I hope the next Alice Cooper maze isn't based on classic literature.

Yea it could be Purge related. I can see Universal announcing something right before Knott's big reveal event next week. It would pull the carpet from right under them.

Ha Ha! That would seem rather "bullyish". It may have mattered a few years ago, but I hardly doubt that Universal is threatened by Knott's marketing game plan. Outside of being a fellow haunt, Universal's current success probably has little to worry about Knott's as a true "competitor". It seems HHN is deliberate and focused in their announcements based on their own timeframes.

Edited by AsylumSB

I still can't believe USO is getting CitW and we're not. Theyre so lucky, its beyond maddening to me! Something has to make up for losing this property, and it better be something more grand than then the Evil Dead remake!

I still can't believe USO is getting CitW and we're not. Theyre so lucky, its beyond maddening to me! Something has to make up for losing this property, and it better be something more grand than then the Evil Dead remake!

What would be a suitable replacement for you? For me, I think it's Alien or Hellraiser. But neither of those are happening.

• Like 1

hold hold up Resident Evil??????????? who what where when why how? Potatoe?

this is such a rip off how are people in orlando taking it? everyone on FB are bitching over it like mad "How about an actual Icon, enough movie mazes, CITW sucks" we here would appreciate the hell out of that maze!

I think we will have 7 mazes this year, what with profits increasing every year. Are we really expecting Universal Monsters Remix and Alice Cooper to return? I hope not. Walking Dead returning is enough.

Mazes return due to popularity. Those 3 properties were so to speak "very popular" with guests.

But, if it is based on the Evil Dead series....now that would be something! We all seem to be narrowing down our speculation to similar properties. I get the feeling that we are missing something big.

All im getting when I search for something all 3 have in common is The Simpsons. Which leads to House of Horrors becoming Treehouse of Horrors in 3D. lol.

Wait a minute, Simpsons = Springfield, Springfield = Rick Springfield who dated Linda Blair in the 70's. Mother Hubbard, it's the Exorcist! (Nahhh).

All im getting when I search for something all 3 have in common is The Simpsons. Which leads to House of Horrors becoming Treehouse of Horrors in 3D. lol.

Just saying, Simpsons would be badass.

I could imagine:

Fly vs Fly

Dial Z for Zombies

Bart Simpson's Dracula

Homer the Robot Frankenstein

Kang & Kodos

So sick.

• Like 1

Look back to the 2010 speculation. He says the same things every year. "Never been done." "New." "Bigger than ever." "Complicated effects." "Surprise for the fans." I don't trust him no more!

I... I can't argue with that.