Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Actually in Hollywood it was more based on Silent Hill: Downpour and Silent Hill 3. The only elements I noticed from the movie was the Nurse designs. To include "elements" of the film was apart of the contract and The Films were not per say, something Murdy would do on it's own. Without the games, this maze wouldn't have seen the light of day. Orlando on the other hand was based more on the two films.

Ultimately, no film = no property in either Orlando or Hollywood.

So where is everyone else at with the codenames? My predictions on the lineup:

Trickster - Alice Cooper

Rock Icon - Insidious

The Name Game - Evil Dead

John - Walking Dead

Pumpkin - Trick r Treat

Trickster throws me off because of the "never been suggested before" part...

Trickster - Alice Cooper

Rock Icon - Insidious

John - Walking Dead

Pumpkin - Trick r Treat

Overall, seems to be safe bet at this point. When Murdy said there will be surprises, I am not sure if that its geared towards hardcore fans only or the general public. Trick r Treat would be the big "Yahoo!" in my book, but I have a feeling the time has passed for that property. The clues (my perception) led me to believe the Resident Evil is on the list, even though it is not high on my preferred list of properties.

Trickster - Alice Cooper

Rock Icon - Insidious

John - Walking Dead

Pumpkin - Trick r Treat

I'm throwing off TRICK R TREAT since I really don't think we'll get it until there's a sequel. And Replacing that well probably get AMERICAN WEREWOLF ON LONDON or HALLOWEEN again. And a chance of getting a 7th maze since it's been teased also it could be a soundstage. An for some reason I still feal like the terror tram will either be CABIN IN THE WOODS, THE WALKING DEAD OR ALICE COOPER. Also Murdy said there would be another original maze right? So scratch an IP off. And also ... UMR rumorued sequel or its theme.

Damn, I wish Murdy could be able to do 10 mazes, that way he could do all the ones I mentioned lol, maybe in a couple years

Edited by StraightEdge

I'm throwing off TRICK R TREAT since I really don't think we'll get it until there's a sequel. And Replacing that well probably get AMERICAN WEREWOLF ON LONDON or HALLOWEEN again. And a chance of getting a 7th maze since it's been teased also it could be a soundstage. An for some reason I still feal like the terror tram will either be CABIN IN THE WOODS, THE WALKING DEAD OR ALICE COOPER.

I agree with Trick r Treat but would love to see it come to life! There's a chance the other ones you mentioned could be added, but I think John Murdy made it clear that Cabin in the Woods is a no-go for Hollywood (in any form of attraction).

I don't know if someone has mentioned this but the list of words (written in Croatian) speculation has been wrong (for me at least) because Murdy just tweeted that the list has a hint to all the mazes, not just one. He claims all the mazes were covered in that list, with one red herring.

I member a year from now in the middle of July, during 8th grade summer leading to Hi School, I was searching through the web on random stuff, and HHN Randomly popped up in my head. I went on the website and saw SILENT HILL, THE WALKING DEAD, ALICE COOPER & LA LLORANA, damn I was like "This year I'm going for sure!" Since then I was so obsessed with hhn. But sadly I couldn't go. I had the money and everything but lagged it, This year I will do all I can to go.

StraightEdge, just plan to go opening night, and if things fall through, just keep planning for the next night. Sometimes I'll plan some day late in the run and people will back out last minute, which is why I invite dozens of people, otherwise the people I relied on would make it so I can't go, or have to go alone. But if you plan on going right from the beginning, your chances of finally getting to go will be greatly increased.

• Like 2

I don't know if someone has mentioned this but the list of words (written in Croatian) speculation has been wrong (for me at least) because Murdy just tweeted that the list has a hint to all the mazes, not just one. He claims all the mazes were covered in that list, with one red herring.

No wonder we were able to fill a lot of it in for a bunch of different speculations.. But never fully. :P

But umm, how would those hints help if they're for hints for all the mazes? That's too vague, isn't it?

Edited by Kurseddragon

StraightEdge, just plan to go opening night, and if things fall through, just keep planning for the next night. Sometimes I'll plan some day late in the run and people will back out last minute, which is why I invite dozens of people, otherwise the people I relied on would make it so I can't go, or have to go alone. But if you plan on going right from the beginning, your chances of finally getting to go will be greatly increased.
The thing is I live in Riverside :/ and last year I tried going with a girl and friends but ya. Idk this year I might just go with Fam or find a way and go with friends.

I live out there too. I went by myself for the first time in 2007 cuz I was relying on an ex gf who backed out literally at 7, as the event was starting, but it was Halloween night and the very last day. So I drove out there anyway and it took 2 hours through traffic, and then a long line of cars to get in, plus security and I hadn't bought my ticket so I had to wait in line. I got in at 10 and the event was going to close at 12, and I headed straight for the TT since that's what I wanted to see most. When I got out, it was 11 and I only had the option for one maze left since the lines were at least an hour for everything, so I headed for what i heard was the best - TCM. They then announced as I was heading down the escalators that the park would stay open for an extra hour... as I got out of TCM and had my entire life changed going through the scariest maze ever, there was only 30 mins left in the night. I ran through F13 and NOES which luckily had shorter waits than advertised. And there was an announcement for an extra Bill and Ted show that would be 15 mins after park closing, so I grabbed a collectible cup and got to see the show.

Point of the story is... actually, there's a few points:

1) don't let anyone stop you from going. Just go!

2) you never know when things will work in your favor

3) once you go, you'll realize its the best event in the world and you won't make the mistake of almost not going ever again

I was VERY lucky that night that I didn't just do the TT and TCM and get kicked out. To arrive at 10 pm now with the event so popular would be sudden death, so my story doesn't work in the "even if you're late, just go" sense anymore, but you get the idea.

As for speculation... I knew the croation was an odd hint. Literally every property could fit all of those clues if you stretched it out to work, and now to know that they're for EVEEEERYTHING It makes the entire thing even more pointless to try and figure out. There's more luck to be had looking through the pictures of stuff on bookshelves haha

• Like 2

I got to see The Conjuring at an early screening last week (FANTASTIC) I must add, btw. But I don't see it working well as a maze. It's much slower and "classier" than the stuff we're used to. If either of Wan's movies got made into a maze, my money is on Insidious.