Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

It doesn't match his claim that it's never been done by anyone at HHN or anywhere else. I know "anywhere else" is kinda vague, but a dark Alice in Wonderland maze is something thousands of haunts have done. A dark Alice in Wonderland maze would not even come close to being a surprise.

It would be pretty cool though.

---

Just got an email for someone famous (being intentionally cryptic) saying they loved the maze treatment I sent them. Good end to the week!

And it's not Bruce Campbell. No word on if it's anyone else related to Evil Dead though.

So...for those who aren't watching the Florida spec it's supposedly been confirmed that the eight houses are AWIL, TWD, Evil Dead (which replaced AHS), Cabin in the Woods, La Llorona, Resident Evil, Havoc, and some kind of prison.

I swear...if Hollywood does Resident Evil but not American Horror Story...well I'll be bummed. But the likelyhood for CITW makes me happy. I also sincerely hope Evil Dead isn't just based on the new movie.

You know...I have to wonder if AWIL has enough awareness to get a maze in Hollywood. It's a great horror comedy and all, but then again Murdy believes Hellraiser doesn't have enough awareness and there's plenty more people who know about Hellraiser than AWIL. Or for that matter...AHS. The would be a much stronger GP response to AHS than AWIL.

But we'll see...we'll see.

TWD isn't even a question at this point. Unless something huge changes, we're getting TWD.

There's a hint cheat sheet with (most of) the hints by the way.

Edited by ferox

Evil Dead could have replaced AHS but Hollywood could already be doing both so Hollywood's lineup could be (just deregulation)

AWIL

CITW

Resident Evil

Evil Dead or AHS

TWD

Grandpa Alice

In my true honest opinion I think AHS should wait one more season so that TWD can hopefully be long gone.

Holy shiz I just realized something. Maze #4 that he hasn't released a codename about could be RE. He said that maze requires a ton of research and what maze needed that last year. Silent Hill. He doesn't know much about video games so it can cause him to do a lot of research.

Resident Evil should just be the overall damn theme. Maze, scarezone, Terror Tran - there's just so much to work with on that property.

If the line up is true, I'd rather have CITW be the theme. Wraps everything together, and it works with the mummy tunnel! Lol. As well as the rest of TY of course. Have sugar plum fairies, clowns , merman AA and othe kind of cutsy things in whoville, RE or TWD on the psycho set, AWIL in the uphill part, and all the CITW monsters in the WoW set. Edited by Ridesandstuff

Resident Evil should just be the overall damn theme. Maze, scarezone, Terror Tran - there's just so much to work with on that property.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, at least until next year. I think Murdy will want to focus more on the 100th anniversary of the Universal monsters.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, at least until next year. I think Murdy will want to focus more on the 100th anniversary of the Universal monsters.

If that is the case, the ultimate tribute would be to re-create the burning Windmill scene from Frankenstein/Bride of. That could be the central focus for a maze or along the Terror Tram route.

While I don't believe there will be a central theme, I am encouraged by what appears to be another great event. There is talk on the Orlando board about American Horror Story already being replaced by another property. Not sure if this is absolute speculation on that board, but I think a property like AHS should be developed while it is hot (popular) for the current audience. It seems like if HHN waits to do AHS for a year or two, it is taking a chance that the show might have less of an interested audience.

Edited by AsylumSB

??? was'nt last year the 100th??? and how would Classics work as a main theme if we mazes like Walking dead and such that are all modern?

Last year was the 100th anniversary of the studio. This year is the 100th anniversary of the Universal monsters. Look at what Orlando did in 2009. They had a mixture of classics and moderns and that worked well.

How is this year the 100th anniversary of the Universal Classic Monsters movies? Isn't Hunchback of Notre Dame generally considered the beginning of that film series? That came out in 1923?

What Ferox said.

I could see House of Horrors just being left the way as it is, but maybe put in something for the black room. I wouldn't mind since I would like to see the budget go towards the quality of the other houses.

I know I'm late here, but...

Um...nobody thought about Alice Cooper?

This year I think I found the perfect property to carry on this tradition...the one I'm working on now...maze #4...but what could it be?

Money from betting on monsters in CITW! lol

What do you think it could be from the rumored properties (doubt its TWD though). Maybe a fake herb for RE, one of the trinkets from CITW, or a rose from pepper if AHS is still on the table for us.