Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Wishful Thinking

God Forbid I back up StraightEdge (jk) but they do have a good amount in common at least with the remake (which without a doubt would be the one used is it ever came into uni's hands) Cannibal Hillbillys in a Hickish looking house besides being in the dessert and not texas they are alot alike.

With the theme of a backwoods/desert family yeah. But the characters/props seem pretty different.

It's there's more to be said for comparing Friday the 13th/Halloween/My Bloody Valentine. They are all slashers based around a single white male that wears a certain type of mask that mostly kill with an iconic edged weapon available at the general store that are connected with a certain day of the year and have a vendetta.

Agreed. If we get an Evil Dead maze and it ends up being the new not going to stomp my feet. But there are IPs I'd rather see. The new one does still have a lot of stuff I'd love to see.

• Like 1

You know what if Murdy was able to do that? Make "CROSSOVER" mazes? It sounds dumb but imagine? Wasn't Freddy vs. Jason on the survey for 2011? It would of been better to have a FVJ maze during 2007-2010 instead of three repeats from both "Friday The 13th" & "Nightmare On Elm Street" . A chucky vs leprechaun maze? Lol or the thing vs the blob. Just some random thought I always had

New Line didn't want rumors of a new Freddy vs. Jason starting up.

I think a crossover maze would require way more effort than the payout could really be. Everything would need to be approved by potentially two studios..and for what? Oh here's Michael Myers, but he's helping out Jigsaw! How awesome is that!

Edited by ferox

I honestly don't think Freddy or Jason should come back in a long time. 2015 at least. Even The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We already have a lot of repeat themes as there is when other properties could have their time to shine. Like a THIRD Alice Cooper maze & The Walking Dead again. Not 100% sure but likely.

I honestly don't think Freddy or Jason should come back in a long time. 2015 at least. Even The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We already have a lot of repeat themes as there is when other properties could have their time to shine. Like a THIRD Alice Cooper maze & The Walking Dead again. Not 100% sure but likely.

Well with the New Line deal I don't think we have to worry about that. I loved that there was the original TCM maze last year since that's my favorite movie of all time, but after the 2013 maze there's really nothing more you can do.

The likely repeats this year are likely to be pretty different, I mean compare ACGTH and WTMN. Pretty different. So we can assume the latest Cooper maze is going to be different from Goes to Hell.

TWD has an art director who loves the later series...and has a new location...so it's going to be pretty different. So. I'm on board for this.

I don't think a "choose your own ending" concept is a good idea as it would overwhelm the fans and even more-so the GP. The event only last so long, so there's no reason to give everyone more than they can do in one night. Unless they alternate route counted as another house like with S.S. Frigantic in Orlando (SP?), I don't think it should happen.

On another note, I actually wouldn't mind having Universal Monsters Remix as its own separate house if they add a seventh house. They could do different mixes for Phantom of the Opera and the Thing. It would be a nice seventh house to do since it focuses mainly on the lighting and not really the set quality. If they do it, I would like to see them take the "Dead Exposure" approach to make it scarier than silly.

Random: I wonder if they'll have another scarezone like Toyz. I wouldn't be mad. I mean Toyz was pretty bad in my opinion, but the idea was really kool. Maybe they could choose something else random to fit in.

Like Animalz (Based off that new film). That's just a random idea, but you know.

Also, Murdy said something along the lines of "I believe this is our best lineup yet" but he never said "This IS our best lineup." Do you think that means he knows there's gonna be a house or two that's "iffy"? in a sense of guests will either love or hate it? Or maybe GP will love it and hardcore fans won't?

Or am I just overthinking.

Probably overthinking it. He gets to finish up his pet project (Alice Cooper) almost certainly has a huge draw that will justify a big budget and people who love to work with him (TWD) and gets a few all new IPs. There's nothing to suggest that he doesn't think the mazes will be very good, especially this early in the game.

Well, I've never once heard him say "this one is gonna be okay" so take his opinion with a grain of salt... until 2 or 3 years later when he finally decides to be honest about it. I don't think he's even admitted Scream 4 Your Life was a mistake yet.

Well, I've never once heard him say "this one is gonna be okay" so take his opinion with a grain of salt... until 2 or 3 years later when he finally decides to be honest about it. I don't think he's even admitted Scream 4 Your Life was a mistake yet.

I remeber him indirectly saying he was let down, but I think he was choosing words wisely becuase even before scream4yourlife he made it obviouse that he was'nt crazy about scream in the first place.

There was a few podcasts Murdy did back in 2010 where he said he didn't like MBV. Where you can hear them, I'm not sure, since the hhnfanatic website is no longer around. Chuckys TT he openly admits was a failure on twitter because of the actors who played Chucky were all sick on opening weekend and a lot quit thereafter (either way, that TT was dreadful in every way and I'm sure he knows that). Also, back when they did Wolfman, he denounced Meet the Strangers, Chucky, and Vampyre (even though he often thought the casts were good), and said they just didn't fit the HoH - unlike the Wolfman (he mustve been taking crazy pills because that was easily the worst overlay).

As for Scream 4 Your Life, he hasn't bashed it yet because he doesn't want to burn that bridge in case they use it again in the future - which we know he wont. (This was in response to what his least favorite thing in 2011 was... Scream was the only thing left since he loved HOTC enough to repeat it, Alice Cooper first year is his favorite maze, The Thing is a Universal property, as well as Wolfman, he openly praises La Llorona which went on to repeat, and he loved working with Eli Roth... which leaves Scream, and even more evident from his hesitance to doing it in the first place and his embarassment of the opening weekend fence maze in front of Bates Motel that was immediately taken down, and the only positive thing he said about it was "this is our biggest TT cast ever!")

Edited by DTH316

Yeah, he loves The Wolfman. His wife got him a mold of the cane. I can't blame him, I love The Wolfman too. It's my personal favorite of the universal monsters. I don't know if The Strangers was better or worse. At least Wolfman fits into the concept of HOH (classic supernatural/sci fi monsters) although it makes more sense for The Strangers to "invade" something.

Didn't they *only* have the rights to Scream 4? That right there would kill any chance for a good maze. From what I saw the backstory/concept was pretty good. But a property like Scream (even though I'm not a huge fan) really needs a those iconic scenes for it to really work. It would be like if there was only a TWD terror tram. It would have been a total ripoff unless you get to walk through the hospital.

check this out... how cool would it be to have a year dedicated to the great horror directors/producers/writers? Each house could be designed or inspired by one of the greats.

Craven - NOES, Hills Have Eyes, LHOTL, Swamp Thing (even though he was a good guy), Shocker, Scream (you could have two houses devoted to Wes' work really)

Carpenter - Halloween, They Live, Prince of Darkness, Thing (again I dont care!)

Hooper - TCM, Poltergeist, Salems Lot (if King would allow it), The Mangler

Barker - Hellraiser, Night Breed, Candyman, Raw Head Rex

Del Toro - Pans Labrynth, Hell Boy, Mama,

Romero - f**king ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE!

Neil Marshall - Dog Soldiers, The Decent, Dooms Day

Rob Zombie - House of 1K Corpses, Devils Rejects, Lords of Salem, Halloween series

Could also throw in James Whale, Raimi, Hitchcock, Cronenberg, etc but these are off the top of my head.

Now before you mega-nerds tell me how this would not work and would be next to impossible to do.... I know that. Its wishful thinking on my part B) If I had to design an event I think this would be pretty awesome! Hell I might even draw up some sketches just for fun. Got a baby on the way in like 10 days so I'll be home for a few weeks taking care of business! lol!