Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Wishful Thinking

ya but La Llorona scarezone got negative reviews along with the terror tram cameo. Only the houses were met with positive reviews.

ya but La Llorona scarezone got negative reviews along with the terror tram cameo. Only the houses were met with positive reviews.

Exactly, La Llorona Mazes pulled it off, so Slenderman could pull off a full haunted attraction. There's so many things you could do if you were making a Slenderman maze. Just got to do some research.

Edited by StraightEdge

If La Llorana pulled it off with a scare zone, Terror Tram cameo & two mazes. I think Slenderman can too. Both Urban legends. Both have there own stories.

Firstly, Slenderman is not an urban legend... It's an online made up story that started by some kids a few years ago. Nothing about the so called "history" of the Slenderman myth is true. Secondly, you need to take in to account that La Llorona is a VERY well known Latino ghost story. Being in Southern Cali, where there is a very large Latino population, La Llorona fit very well with the demographics. La Llorona also benefited from having several variations on the myth, which gave a large amount of material for the design team to use when creating the maze.

Edited by Stitch_101
  • Like 2

Firstly, Slenderman is not an urban legend... It's an online made up story that started by some kids a few years ago. Nothing about the so called "history" of the Slenderman myth is true. Secondly, you need to take in to account that La Llorona is a VERY well known Latino ghost story. Being in Southern Cali, where there is a very large Latino population, La Llorona fit very well with the demographics.

True. But Slenderman is known by a huge amount of people and is a internet meme. And many compare it to the La Llorana. Anyway, it got to the survey so .... ya :) all I can think of right now. I prefer Slenderman and anything else over what people been wanting on this forum; Trick "r" treat, Insidious, Sinister.

^ Insidious is the only one of those I think has a serious shot of coming to HHN next year... Love it or hate it lol.

Anyways... I'm surprised we haven't seen the survey yet... Didn't John say it would be out late November? Its only November for a few more hours lmao.

Ohhh, and DTH316, when can we expect more of your survey's and awards polls? I dunno about anyone else, but I've been looking forward to them :)

• Like 1

^ Insidious is the only one of those I think has a serious shot of coming to HHN next year... Love it or hate it lol.

Anyways... I'm surprised we haven't seen the survey yet... Didn't John say it would be out late November? Its only November for a few more hours lmao.

Ohhh, and DTH316, when can we expect more of your survey's and awards polls? I dunno about anyone else, but I've been looking forward to them :)

I hate it. lol -.- & I know but Murdy usually releases stuff when he exactly says it will be released, like when he said the tickets were going to be on sale for HHN 2012. They were released right when he said so. I doubt, but the survey could be released today. lol

but Slenderman would be the first creepypasta house.

amen. Slenderman has so many possibilities. I would make it off of the Slenderman 8 pages game & also the upcoming sequel to it; Slender: The Arrival. The pics to the sequel look badass. Slenderman isn't owned by anything or anyone so John Murdy could do anything with it. Come on, Murdy knows how to make ar eal die hard maze. ;)

factory.jpg

Edited by StraightEdge

Polls and awards should start up again soon. Just giving everyone a break so they don't get tired of voting :)

And there's really no use of campaigning or trying to convince anyone that Slenderman is gonna happen in 2013. It's just not the time or place for it right now. In a decade when the story has gotten bigger, then maybe. Besides, there's dozens upon dozens of other properties that are much more worthy. Murdy doesn't seem all that interested in it and is only putting it on the surveys so when people ask him about it next year, he can shut them up and say that it didn't test well enough. That's just the sad truth about that, and he's done it for many other properties in the past that people have been excited about.

In fact, there's no use in speculating ANYTHING at this point for 2013, and all there can really be is wishful thinking. Now we can wish for all sorts of things like a Batman Terror Tram, but we try to keep things a bit realistic and weigh out what's possible. And then from there, that's how we get such good speculation! Been doin it for about 4 years now and we're usually pretty dead on for using Murdy's guidelines for mazes and properties. Slenderman just doesn't make the cut on Universal's radar. It might fly over at Knotts - heck, it actually has a decent chance over there - but at HHN, I'd say it's like a 100% no.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 2

If La Llorana pulled it off with a scare zone, Terror Tram cameo & two mazes. I think Slenderman can too. Both Urban legends. Both have there own stories.

La Llorona is also very well known by most hispanics in Southern California. Slenderman isn't very popular andI honestly don't see what's so scary about him at all. Lol

Edited by shark23

Next year will mark ten years sense a Jeepers Creepers movies was released... The supposed third film is currently dead in the water. Jeepers Creepers is decent at best and not a classic. Ten years is a long time... I think Universal would only put faith in a true classic if choosing a film series that hasnt seen a new entry in ten years. (man that made me feel soooooo old lol!) I wouldn't hold your breath at seeing Jeepers Creepers at HHN.

Polls and awards should start up again soon. Just giving everyone a break so they don't get tired of voting :)

Awesome, cant wait :) And I couldn't have put the the Slenderman argument any better.

Edited by Stitch_101
  • Like 1

Next year will mark ten years sense a Jeepers Creepers movies was released... The supposed third film is currently dead in the water. Jeepers Creepers is decent at best and not a classic. Ten years is a long time... I think Universal would only put faith in a true classic if choosing a film series that hasnt seen a new entry in ten years. (man that made me feel soooooo old lol!) I wouldn't hold your breath at seeing Jeepers Creepers at HHN.

I thought of that too. A 10 year anniversary present :D Something HHN has never worked with.

Edited by StraightEdge

what the hell is that guy's fetish with pirates and things that happened already jeesh and what the hell does Frightmare mean? it like how fast food places combine adjactives "Hey try the McRib its Jucilicious" le sigh

on to important things does anybody actualy own the rights to slender man? it kinda seems lioke its open domain but then again so was Bloody Mary and orlando had to pay someone for that.

And I belive btw that Murdy shot down Jeepers Creepers a while back and it seem like he realy didnt like something about that movie.

• Like 1

Awesome, cant wait :) And I couldn't have put the the Slenderman argument any better.

What a heck of a Slenderman arugment we all put up :D lmfao

And I belive btw that Murdy shot down Jeepers Creepers a while back and it seem like he realy didnt like something about that movie.

Maybe cause The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers can fly. maybe thats what he doesnt like. people would be dissapointed in a JC maze/terror tram/scare zone that didn't have a flying Creeper. Well at least i kind of would. :P lol, is it possible to make a flying machine or something that can make someone fly? >.< really dumb question. lol thats why JC should be the Terror Tram and have The Creeper stand on roofs. or even stand on the tram. xD

Edited by StraightEdge

What a heck of a Slenderman arugment we all put up :D lmfao

Maybe cause The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers can fly. maybe thats what he doesnt like. people would be dissapointed in a JC maze/terror tram/scare zone that didn't have a flying Creeper. Well at least i kind of would. :P lol, is it possible to make a flying machine or something that can make someone fly? >.< really dumb question. lol thats why JC should be the Terror Tram and have The Creeper stand on roofs. or even stand on the tram. xD

in a maze its possible but Murdy's problem seem to do with the movie or its writter or something

• Like 1

They could use bungie scares like they do at Knotts maybe? :o I would love to see Jeepers Creepers at HHN , even though it's not an amazing horror movie, it would be something different than the properties we've had so far.

• Like 1

what the hell is that guy's fetish with pirates and things that happened already jeesh and what the hell does Frightmare mean? it like how fast food places combine adjactives "Hey try the McRib its Jucilicious" le sigh

on to important things does anybody actualy own the rights to slender man? it kinda seems lioke its open domain but then again so was Bloody Mary and orlando had to pay someone for that.

No one owns the rights to Slenderman.

• Like 1

I like Jeepers Creepers. Part 2 was also very surprisingly good. I would also like to see it at HHN. It's at the bottom of what I'd like to see lists, but I would like to see it. I think it'd be a fun maze. I don't think it has much of a shot in 2013 unless part 3 is released though, but that's a very long shot at this point. However, I don't remember where I heard it, but I think Murdy didn't want to use the film because of the director's controversial past. If you don't know what I mean, look up Victor Salva. I'm not entirely sure if this is a good reason to not wanna use a property or not. So it's possible we won't see the Creeper until after Murdy's reign is over.

BIGFOOT. YES. FUCK YES!

• Like 1

They could use bungie scares like they do at Knotts maybe? :o I would love to see Jeepers Creepers at HHN , even though it's not an amazing horror movie, it would be something different than the properties we've had so far.

Bungie Scares. Dude your a hero. Never thought of that lol. And That's why It's a perfect choice for HHN but I think it should own the Terror Tram not a maze.

I like Jeepers Creepers. Part 2 was also very surprisingly good. I would also like to see it at HHN. It's at the bottom of what I'd like to see lists, but I would like to see it. I think it'd be a fun maze. I don't think it has much of a shot in 2013 unless part 3 is released though, but that's a very long shot at this point. However, I don't remember where I heard it, but I think Murdy didn't want to use the film because of the director's controversial past. If you don't know what I mean, look up Victor Salva. I'm not entirely sure if this is a good reason to not wanna use a property or not. So it's possible we won't see the Creeper until after Murdy's reign is over.

Part 3 is said to be released in 2013 on IMDB.com & Wikipedia. & A maze would be good but I think a Terror Tram for the Creeper would be better. Having the screens on the tram show a live person talking to the tour guide of the TT & they get attacked by the Creeper. The guide also mentions the

"every 23rd spring" saying from the JC films. & I also heard that John didn't want to use the film. I looked it up and now I can see why :( and what do you mean by Murdy's reign?

Bungie Scares. Dude your a hero. Never thought of that lol. And That's why It's a perfect choice for HHN but I think it should own the Terror Tram not a maze.

Orlando uses Bungie scares as well as flying scareactors. I dont see why Hollywood cant.

• Like 1