Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Wishful Thinking

Im not so sure about that. Walking Dead is sort of unique for HHN as it doesnt have a 'Marquee Killer'. Thats why they didnt repeat the same monster over again. And considering how John Murdy likes to say how hard it is to cast face characters, I have no doubt that they'd use the a character they just put a mask on over and over again.

^true

here are some interesting tweets from hhn's twitter

@HorrorNights Since Jason Blum has his own haunt, does that affect the possibility of using any of his properties in the future?

Typically studios would own the rights

Chris & I just got invited by Alice Cooper's camp to hang out and see the new tour on Thur. Will be fun to catch up with Coop post HHN

@HorrorNights Considering doing another video game maze for 2013? Such as Bishock

We'll test that one and some others on the survey this year and see how they do

@HorrorNights are there any upcoming horror movies you'd like to work with?

There's some I'm looking into

Edited by Ridesandstuff

I know at Knotts they would do it until November.

Last time Halloween fell on a Thursday for HHN was in 2007, when I went, and it was the last day, but they weren't nearly as popular than.

I think this year they'll add on those dates given the demand for the event.

And also considering in 2014, Halloween will be on a Friday, which should be a basic no brainer to continue it to Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by DTH316

Since John and the guys from blumhouse seem to be getting along pretty well, if a blumhouse property comes, which one do you guys see most likely coming to hhn? Personally I think it will probably be insidious granted, I haven't seen sinister.

Is the conjuring a blumhouse property? I guess that could also be a possibility.

And in terms of classic properties (not classic universal but classic in terms of iconic characters) what property do you guys see most likely coming? I think An American Werewolf in London could come because of the rumor from last year. I also think the hills have eyes could come since one of the actors from the original was there.

Since John and the guys from blumhouse seem to be getting along pretty well, if a blumhouse property comes, which one do you guys see most likely coming to hhn? Personally I think it will probably be insidious granted, I haven't seen sinister.

Is the conjuring a blumhouse property? I guess that could also be a possibility.

Between the two, Insidious has more variety in terms of characters and environments. I really enjoyed Sinister as well, and the main demon in that movie looks cool but there's not much material to turn it into a maze. Plus, Insidious I believe did much better in the box office and is more known so if we get a Blumhouse property, it should be Insidious.

Sinister sucked and was a flaming pile of crap and I think it's one of the most overrated horror movies to come out in the last decade.

So hopefully Insidious!

As for classic properties, a modern Frankenstein has always seemed like a good idea. I'm not totally sold on Dracula in a gothic version or a modern version. They always make modern versions a bit TOO silly, and we had Vampyre so I'm fulfilled on a classic version for now.

I never understood why anyone remotely thought AWIL would be a maze. They'd have to take some mighty liberties to make that work considering there's only 1 action sequence in that film. Oh, and a weird dream.

Can someone please go and edit hhn's Wikipedia page? -____-

From Wikipedia

2013 Terror Tram:BLOODY MARY Mazes:REFLECTIONS OF FEAR,STEPHEN KING'S IT,ALICE COOPER'S SCHOOL'S OUT,SLEEPY HOLLOW,UNIVERSAL'S HORROR FEST AND TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3D Scare Zones:CLOWNS,PIRATES,SCHOOLHOUSE AND FRIGHTMARE

*facepalm*

Do we have another HHN troll? We haven't had one in awhile (at least to my knowledge). I kind of like it though. They're always so funny and rediculous - how can you not laugh? Lol. But, yeah the HHN Wiki page is in a bit of distress....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_Horror_Nights

I havn't been to Universal Studios Hollywood since the summer of 2010 and I used to go yearly. I tried going to Halloween Horror Nights in failed attempts in 2011 & 2012 but sadly, I couldn't visit my favorite amusement park. I'm a try go in 2013. Anyway, Insidious is bullshit -.- I think that movie is dumb and really needs to stay out of HHN, So does Sinister. Those new horror movie films are lame. Paranormal Activity is the only one I wouldn't mind seeing. But I really want to see Jeepers Creepers at Halloween Horror Nights 2013. I tweeted Murdy and asked him if he ever thought about working on Jeepers Creepers and he replied saying not seriously. Come On Now! A Jeepers Creepers Maze would be epic. There's so many scenes from the films to reenact. Jeepers Creepers 3 is being released next year. I seen a speculation video on JP on YouTube saying how it would fit into the Terror Tram. Just Imagine?Someone said that Jeepers Creepers would not be worked on for obvious reasons in this forum? What came to mind is because he flys? that's dumb. So what. Here's the video anyway; Check it out. It has a point towards it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnzDs1VM9jU

I wouldn't mind seeing Slenderman having a house and terror tram for Halloween Horror Nights 2013.

I wouldn't mind seeing Slenderman having a house and terror tram for Halloween Horror Nights 2013.

Same here. A slenderman maze based on the 8 pages game would be amazing. Here's another speculation video but on Slenderman.

Murdy is adding the Slenderman on to his survey so you better vote and tell everyone to pick Slendy for HHN! :)

Edited by StraightEdge

Its Wikipedia. One of the worst sites to source. What do you expect?

You've got a point there lol :-P

Yes, The Slenderman would be a perfect fit for the Terror Tram. I think Slendy will be seen at HHN 2013. If not the Terror Tram, a maze. If not a maze, a Scarezone. If not any of that. A cameo appearance in one of the three.

Its interesting that Slenderman is being added to the survey but I wouldn't hold your breath on seeing him at HHN anytime soon. While the whole Slenderman thing has a following online, many people in the mainstream have never heard of it. And the whole "mythology", if you can even call it that, is very limiting and doesn't lead itself well to create a full haunted attraction around.

Edited by Stitch_101
  • Like 1

You've got a point there lol :-P

Its interesting that Slenderman is being added to the survey but I wouldn't hold your breath on seeing him at HHN anytime soon. While the whole Slenderman thing has a following online, many people in the mainstream have never heard of it. And the whole "mythology", if you can even call it that, is very limiting and doesn't lead itself well to create a full haunted attraction around.

If La Llorana pulled it off with a scare zone, Terror Tram cameo & two mazes. I think Slenderman can too. Both Urban legends. Both have there own stories.