Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2012 Discussion

The no recording sign can be easily loopholed.

It specifically says no flash photography/lighted recording.

If there's no lights on while recording, I don't see what the problem is? It's not distracting anyone.

If they don't want the maze filmed in general, then they should probably just state that straight up...

Some mini reviews from Twitter. Didn't wanna post these in the reviews section since these aren't mine and well... they're not all that in depth about the opinions haha.

TCM

Aaron Colin ‏@Aaronfortomorow

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE MAZE IS INSANE HOLY FUCKING GOD.

Justin Martindale ‏@justmartindale

Just shat myself in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Maze at Universal Studios! Awesomely terrifying!! #hhn

[i read a "TCM sucked" tweet but I couldn't find it again, but just trust me there was one haha]

TWD

HHN ADDICT ‏@HHNAddict

Walking Dead maze looks amazing, downside it needs some more walkers. Bicycle girl and scare amazing !

Just experienced #thewalkingdead @UniStudios!! Terrified and totally felt like I was in the series!! Now it's Terror Tram time...help!

Disney Universal ‏@BehindTheTheme

USH: #HHN: Walking dead #1 stinkiest maze 2012. lol. #WalkingDead #alicecooper #Silenthill #haunt #horrornights.

DIESEL ‏@fluffy562

@HorrorNights an awesome night walking dead was the best

Alice Cooper

FunkyHenryGale ‏@FunkyHenryGale

HHN 2012 is pretty good so far! Alice Cooper is amazing this year! (@ Universal Studios Hollywood w/ 14 others)

Joel | Lady Gaga ‏@hausofjoel

The Alice Cooper maze was SIIIIIICCCCCKKKK!!! The 3-D effects were dope as fuck.

mistyblue ‏@mistyblu

The Alice Cooper maze is the best use of 3D that I have seen in a long time. Worth the trip to Universal Studios Horror Nights

UMR

HHN ADDICT ‏@HHNAddict

Universal Monster Remix an interesting experience. Working out technical issues, checking it out again in a few. Terror Tram time.

Dori ‏@noyouwontknow

Universal Monsters Remix had really good lighting and scares.

Ok I was 18704640207% wrong about that dubstep maze! It was so fucking amazing @HorrorNights !!!

Silent Hill

chris bowman ‏@kkacbh

#silenthillmaze sucked no actors #hhn

Terror Tram

Aaron Colin ‏@Aaronfortomorow

@HorrorNights I'm so freaking proud of you guys!!!!! You finally made an absolutely AMAZING Terror Tram experience!!!

HHN ADDICT ‏@HHNAddict

Terror Tram was amazing, cast is on, space very well used. Take away 1/2 the hill and this could be the best terror tram to date.

Vinh Luc ‏@vinhluc

Terror Tram was super good. Lots of zombies.

Don't worry Kursed, that's only one review. I couldn't find any on Twitter but there's some saying it's the second best maze, after TWD. My guess is it'll be TWD and Silent Hill battling it out for best maze this year, while Alice Cooper is just being talked about for it's awesome 3D and nothing else so far. Hopefully some better reviews come in.

whoever that guy is seems really impatient he is at HHN on employee preview night lines are nothing to compared to actual nights with guest he probally thinks hes royalty or something i feel like punching him lol

be happy you got in FREE and get to experience what other have to wait and suffer for!! D:

I would wait 2 hours for every maze if it meant free.......... okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. An hour...... I'd wait an hour.......... wait.... excluding HoH mazes. 30 minutes for that... tops... I'd wait...... 5 hours and 30 minutes total for a free preview of all the mazes lmao oh and Terror Tram... I'd wait... an hour for that too. Might as well. 6 and a half hours. For a free night.

I'd be going later in the month but........ there's nothing better else to do haha. I used to go the last week of October from 07 - 10. It also has to do with how many events I'm doing this year... and going first weekend just works, since I refuse to do KSF first weekend...

Anyway... more reviews...

General

Joe Di Gaetano ‏@joedi79

Universal you have out done your self this year for HHN. ( Halloween Horror Nights) Great running into coworkers outside of work.

Christopher Gamez ‏@tomorrowsfood92

#HalloweenHorrorNights was epic! #HHN

Mayra Zelaya ‏@zelaya_mayra

@HorrorNights you were AMAZING tonight I plan in going again this year(: the mazes were just fantastic nd meeting John Murdy was GREAT❤#HHN

chris fording ‏@nofxowns

@HorrorNights Just home from employee preview and damn this year's the best i've seen...(and smelt) #horrornights #murdyisagenius

Justin Martindale ‏@justmartindale

#halloweenhorrornights2012 was amazing thanks @JustineMachine best maze by far Texas Chainsaw. La Llorona & Walking Dead, Silent Hill great!

Erick Rodriguez ‏@Airickk93

Employee preview night for horror nights :) #SUCCESS you guys are definitely in for a treat, so get ready to by your tickets! :)

TCM

Rey ‏@reydiation

Texas chainsaw massacre maze was awesome

Joel Romero ‏@joelmosphere

"@reydiation: Texas chainsaw massacre maze was awesome" Si!

HHN ADDICT ‏@HHNAddict

Silent Hill looked amazing but was lacking scares. Texas wasn't bad but didn't compare to 07/08. Side note SH smells like fresh fruit.

TWD

Mikey Felix Robledo ‏@MikeyFelixx

Good Gawd Almighty!!! #bbqsauce. The Walking Dead Maze was by far the scariest sh*t I witnessed. going to never sleep again. #clownwilleatme

Alice Cooper

Luis Garcia  ‏@LuisFancyson

I loved the alice cooper maze!

UMR

Doing the dubstep maze again cuz that shit is too dope!!!

Silent Hill

HHN ADDICT ‏@HHNAddict

Silent Hill looked amazing but was lacking scares. Texas wasn't bad but didn't compare to 07/08. Side note SH smells like fresh fruit.

Erik Bogh ‏@ErikBogh

The 'Silent Hill' maze at Holloween Horror Nights is terrifying. 'One Tree Hill' is on mute in every room.

[don't know if that one is serious or not...]

These Silent HIll tweets are bumming me out. Seems the major complaint is lack of scares. I'll be pleased to just nerd out and be a total fanboy taking in all the references but I do want to be scared because that's the whole point! I did read a couple tweets that said it was some people's second favorite maze so that's good to hear. I'm sure the complaints will be addressed since tonight was essentially just a dress rehearsal. I'll be going opening weekend, once in the middle of October, and possibly Halloween night so I'm sure i'll be getting varying experiences that are improvements over time.

For the time being, I wanna take a minute to thank all of you who tuned in for the very short live stream, as much as I could've and would've loved to have broadcasted the ENTIRE night, unfortunately things happened out of my control. So to make up for what we recorded tonight, FRIDAY NIGHT at the gathering we will all be on a 2nd live stream(with extra battery), for EVERYONE to watch.

As for a review, if you go back to the Ustream channel, I left a little recording of what I experienced at HHN.

Once again I thank all of you for watching the Ustream and I promise you guys this year takes it! we're back and better than ever!

Thanks for doing it Steven, it was fun watching and hearing what we could. (An' I did mean it about not dieing in the rush to Silent Hill! XD )

Personally I'm fine with the soundtrack to Dead Silence, and I did hear it at opening cerimonies. Though it is a bummer hearing about Toyz, I take it they didn't get as creative as they did with Bad Bunny?

Just watched your review Steven! I pretty much expected all the things you said. Only one that seems to not meet what expected is Toyz. Not sure if any of us will be able to get out of the crowds for Terror Tram though. It's just inevitable we'll be packed in like sardines for that. The only time to veer away from the crowds is on the hill to the Psycho house and then after that, it's back to being packed in again.

I'm really pumped for this year though. Sounds like pretty much everything is getting good reviews in some way.

I'm very pleased with the reviews we have been getting so far. It sounds like almost everything at the event is looking pretty good. Here's the concencus from what I can gather from other reviews:

-Silent Hill and Walking Dead are the best houses there.

-Remix is more fun than scary, but it sounds like it's out best HoH overlay yet.

-La Llorona is okay, but not a lot of differences made, just like I expected.

-TCM is probably the worst maze out of everything there since it was built last-minute.

-Bill and Ted is truly amazing this year and craps on previous years

-Terror Tram is finally good after a couple of years.

-Alice Cooper is great on visuals, but kinda low on scares.

Hope all that went to EP last night had fun! The wait is killing me for this Friday! :(

for those of you worrired about silent Hill....

Murdy is saying on twitter ALOT of the event was not done last night espeacialy Silent Hill and it's SZ some Scareactors were pulled from their scenes because the paint wasnt even done drying so SH was under staffed and incomplete for EP night and alot street Scareactor (including Pyramid Head) were missing props.