Most Anticipated Haunted House/Attraction at HHN Hollywood 2012?

Most anticipated house/attraction  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What is your most anticipated haunted attraction this year?

• Universal's Monster Remix
    • Alice Cooper: Goes to Hell 3D
    • The Walking Dead: Dead Inside
    • La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos
    • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law
    • Welcome to Silent Hill
    • Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead

So what's your most-anticipated haunted house at the event this year? I'll start with my list.

1. Alice Cooper: Goes to Hell 3D - Even though I'm a bit tired of the 3D gimmick, I'm looking forward to seeing John Murdy's original creation of the seven deadly sins represented in a colorful, trippy, Las Vegas-esque universe. After seeing how well-done La Llorona and WTMN were last year, I'm looking forward to seeing John see how he flexes his creative muscles a bit further. To add to the anticipation, I am really looking forward to seeing how the largest house venue will be used.

2. Welcome to Silent Hill - I've only played 3 and the iPod game (Silent Hill: Escape) and have seen the awful movie, but I don't need to be a really big fan of the Silent Hill games to now that the characters and the environments will only translate into one spectacular house. Plus, this is finally this first house to go in the Mummy venue that doesn't relate to torture and saws haha. I keep hearing that we'll be going inside that small storage building, so it'll be cool to see how it plays out.

3. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside - This will be our first-ever zombie apocalypse-themed house at the event and does have really cool environments to toy with (Hospital, dept. store, sewer, forest, and the barn). I'm also looking forward to seeing how that tank is going to work in there.

4. La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos: If it hadn't have been here last year, this would have been #3 most anticipated. This was my all-time favorite house of the three years I've been attending HHN and I'm really excited to see how Murdy is going to delve deeper into the legend of the weeping woman. My only concern is, how is he going to do it? Is he just going to "re-do" the tomb scenes and changing up the scares? Or is he going to put some more scenes in there that involve a rotted village? The more I think about this, the more interesting this sounds.

5. Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead: What it's Terror Tram. This has been a consistent failure for the past two years, but this could be the year it just may turn around...or be a failure like Scream and Chucky were. We'll just have to see.

6. Universal's Monster Remix: Yeah, this sounds really lame, but I'm going to be open about it when I walk into the house. This sounds like it should be the most decked-out overlay for the House of Horrors so I'm actually getting a bit excited for this now. The shock and "WTC-ness" has worn off and could see something like the monsters meet Tron or something. Sounds like it could be cool.

7. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law: Yes, this is at the very bottom of my list. I'm very glad to see the original made into a house since I love the film, but I just feel it's going to be mostly reused props and sets from other previous houses. I just get a F13 meets Hostel vibe from seeing this.

So what are your most anticipated houses?

1. Walking Dead: Dead Inside-Zombies! Zombies! Zombies! finaly our first full fledge zombie maze, and WD is one of my favorite TV shows and an awsome comic book .

2. Welcome To Silent Hill- loved the video games growing up the movie was eh to me so since I heard its being based off of the game I got me excited and if it does well it wil make the dreams of most of us on the boards come true! Resident Evil Maze!!!! base off the games of corse!

3. La Llorona: Cazador de Ninos-the maze last year was the best maze IMO and the only one I think was worthy of being repeated it was a beautiful creepy maze, and news scenes? cant wait!

4.Universal's Monsters Remixed-Im exicted not gonna lie, revamped classics, killer soundtrack, Decked out HOH if Murdy makes good on his promises this will be one of the best mazes of the night, that being said it does have the chances of falling flat but have faith.

5.Terror Tram: Invaded by the walking Dead:same reason for its maze counterpart but, although excited for this I can't shake the feeling of "Wow zombies on the WOTW set again yay!" but again Murdy says things will be changed so Im looking foward to it.

6. TCM: Saw Is The Law-I think I would of been more excited for this next year but now it just seems out of place to me, and this is one of the rare movies that I think the remake is better than the original and thats a short list, but no dount it will be good but I just not too stoked on it.

7. Alice Cooper Goes To Hell-Im just so "enn" about it, is it wierd that I more excited about the 3D then the maze?

I won't vote on the poll just yet because my list is constantly changing.

One minute I'm thinking Silent Hill, the next Walking Dead, then TCM and then Alice Cooper.

None of them are necessarily spectacular so it's hard to pick from the bunch which to be most excited about.

So this is how I feel - AT THE MOMENT:

1) Silent Hill - Environments and characters have the potential to make this a VERY scary maze. It's dark, gritty and violent with creepy music and atmosphere. Mazes like this are the reason I fell in love with HHN.

2) Alice Cooper Goes to Hell - I bumped this up a bit. Everything I've been hearing about it sounds great. I hate the 3D aspect but oh well, the originality sounds very promising. Basically, my problems with WTMN were that the story wasn't solid, the characters and sets weren't scary and the maze wasn't dark enough, plus the idea of random nightmares was pretty basic. This maze fixes each and every one of those problems. The characters may all have that stupid Cooper paint on 'em but if it delivers something much darker and scarier than the last maze, then this could be something really special.

3) Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Bumping this above TWD for a couple reasons. Chainsaw scares -- wait until you guys experience one of these in close proximity. If you didn't venture through "Back in Business," you're about to experience something that will have your heart racing... if they do it right. With iconic scenes from the film to recreate, this will be some major geekage and screaming occurring within.

4) The Walking Dead - This wouldn't have been my first zombie property to pick for a maze but I guess it'll do for now (RESIDENT EVIL NEXT YEAR, C'MON!). As cool as some of the zombies may look, I think I'll be tired of them from them being everywhere and also considering, I don't find zombies all that scary which is actually the main problem. I just think it'll be weird that zombies will be popping out of places as a strobe light is going off, that's all. Zombies are scarier in herds -- even though this is very close quarters, HOPEFULLY they've kept that mind. I'm keeping expectations for this one low in hopes I'll be surprised better.

5) Terror Tram - If it turns out the way I'm imagining, it could be a masterpiece... but then again, Scream could've too and we all know how that wound up. I just want something epic and if it gives that feel, even without the scares, I'll be somewhat satisfied.

6) La Llorona - Okay, if it's mostly new rooms, this'll be great. If this is only a few new rooms, you could put this even further down the list. It was my fav last year and I'm curious to see how they'll make it scarier since I already thought it was pretty damn scary to begin with. I just hope they don't go over the top with gross out crap and keep the classical, gothic feel.

7) Universal Monsters Remix - The dumbest idea ever and I can't wait to see how big of a fail/surprise it is.

8) Jurassic Park In the Dark - Will it ever change?! Who knows!

Sucks I can't experience the event as a guest :mellow: Glad to be a scare actor but ahhhhh gonna miss it.

I voted for TCM but I still can't make up my mind between that, SH, and TWD.

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: 2007/2008, the maze terrified me and still is the scariest maze I have ever gone through, so I'm wondering if Hooper's version will be as intense.

2. The Walking Dead: I'm a huge fan of the TV series so it's awesome to see this at HHN. To know Boneyard FX is creating the look of the walkers with no masks- having only prosthetics is exciting and will make for a very authentic maze. I don't think this attraction will be one of the scarier mazes for 2012, but I do think the attention to detail will be similar to La Llorona.

3. Silent Hill: Never played the games, but I did research the property. Once I started checking out all the different creatures Konami created for the games, I know this maze has huge potential to be very scary. Will be very cool to see Pyramid Head, the Nurses, Spitter Dogs, and many more creatures lurking throughout the maze.

4. Alice Cooper Goes to Hell: Loved Welcome to my Nightmare last year so I'm Excited to see what John has created with the first ever sequel maze HHN Hollywood has done. (At least from what I know, unless there have been sequel mazes pre-hiatus) I love the concept of the 7 deadly sins and inspiration from Dante's Inferno, so I see potential for a very twisted maze. I don't think we need to have a 3D maze at HHN every year, but it's no biggie. Hopefully the 3D works even better than in HOTC.

5. TWD Terror Tram: Potential to be great or can be a huge failure. All about execution and tweaking the attraction to make it feel new again. Just somewhat of a bummer to have zombies roaming the backlot since we have had that every year. Was hoping we would see The Cabin in the Woods there instead (Would have been perfect for the the TT, but whatever -_-) Fingers crossed.

6. Universal Monster's Remix: Many people are freaking out over this, but quite frankly I'm excited to see this because every single year, the HOH overlay for HHN has never truly worked. Some being complete failures- The Strangers & Chucky, while others being somewhat successful- Vampyres & The Wolf Man. FINALLY, classic monsters will remain during the event. PLUS, there is a whole month in which the day-time version of the attraction is closed. That alone should bring some type of improvement. Dubstep is strange to see at HHN, but John said he would consider it more of "dark core." I don't know what that is but seems to me he's not gonna just play club music. There is some thought put into this idea... I hope. :blink:

7. La Llorona: I loved the attention to detail this maze had last year, but it did not scare me AT ALL. This year, John wants to revamp the scares... We'll see if he can. I'm never excited to see a repeat, but if they are changing it up , I'll take that over not having any changes any day. If the scare factor is brought up a few notches, this maze can be truly epic.

Edited by shark23

Ok here is me

1. Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead (I think this year the TT will step up its game and totally kick ass)

2. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside (One word TANK, I am curios to see how this works even if ive never seen the show)

3. Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D (The Construction looks amazing + I love Alice Cooper and I enjoyed WTMN)

4. Universal Monster Remix (Yes its 4th I dont think this will suck. Also the hole maze is getting revamped so im in)

5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law (The subtitle sucks but ive never been in Back in Buissiness So come for me Leatherface!)

6. Welcome to Silent Hill (Never played the games never watched the movies. To me the announcement was ehh. I think Murdy's creativity will make it awsome)

7. La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos (To me I liked the maze last year but I have a feeling it will be the same (Saw:Game Over Saw:Game On))

I gave it to Silent Hill, only because the Sinister Pointe did such a fantastic kick-ass job. Even though it was IP, I loved what they did - having never played any of the games or seen the movie before going in. I really wonder what my opinion would have been, had I been walking in KNOWING I'd see the nurses, the Great Knife, etc. Oddly, the SP house did not have Pyramid Head, but from Murdy's tweets, I wonder if the HHN house will, either. After all, why put the same guys in the house AND the scarezone...?

As much as I love Alice, and loved W2MN, I am not really looking forward to this. I hate 3D, and really dislike how Hollywood repeats themes. But the glimmer of hope is that HOTC did such a good job of using 3D as a background effect. It was a great house....that happened to have 3D. Hoping Murdy will do much the same here.

Also not looking forward to La Llorona because of the whole repeats thing. We've been fooled too many times by Murdy the carnival barker promising us that something is brand new, when it has a couple of new things slapped in. The next time you read that a house is "all new!", I want you all to repeat this again and again: If it's that different, why not give us a new theme??? Did I put enough emphasis on that?

TCM? Not looking forward to that one, either. Wait - it's the original TCM? Oh, then that makes a world of difference. Because that Leatherface had a chainsaw. Nope - in my mind, we've got 3 retread houses....

...make that 4. Does anyone really think that HoH will be any different than prior years, other than having a soundtrack that consists of music that turns off many people? I really wish this had been the 3D house and not Alice. That way, I'd have even more reasons to not look forward to this one.

Walking Dead I AM looking forward to. Love zombies. Hard to go wrong there. I am very curious to see how they pull it off, as the WD zombies are essentially silent.

Terror Tram - gonna keep my expectations low. Every year has had such potential yet turned out to be the same old crap. This time, we KNOW that there will be zombies in WOTW, yet we are still hoping it will somehow be markedly different. We cleverly thought we'd see a zombie Norman or a half-eaten Norman. No such luck. We can also pretty safely bet that flasher zombie and Scarface zombie will not return, because they simply do not fit into the WD lore in any way. Are we setting ourselves up for a big letdown? If the biggest change is that it finally skips the mummy tunnel, will any of us ever listen to Murdy's tweets about great new stuff again? To me, this one has the most riding on it.

I could not possibly care any less about the scarezonez. Sick to death of the goddamn "Z" business. Toyz? Seriously? He's rubbing our freaking noses in it, now. Now, a Slutz scarezone, I might be able to get behind...

So, I'm only looking forward to 2 of the houses, and crossing every appendage that the TT will finally not suck.

Gotta say with 100% honesty here, I'm looking forward to Knotts more than HHN this year....

Ask me again in a month.

Even Orlando does not intrigue me as much as prior years, because almost everything so far is the same as here; I would have been counting the days a year ago. I'm really hoping their final three houses are all original. At this point, that's pretty much guaranteed. Most looking forward to Penn & Teller just because it's such a damned crazy idea, but so was H.R. BloodNGutz last year.

• Like 1

Oddly, the SP house did not have Pyramid Head, but from Murdy's tweets, I wonder if the HHN house will, either. After all, why put the same guys in the house AND the scarezone...?

SP did have Pyramid Head. In two places- One was an animetronic effect where you only saw the Great Knife attack. They also had the character at the end, standing above walkway.

Im keeping it simple....anticipation is high for all the mazes. The Big Dog for me is Texas Chainsaw Massacre; especially with finding out its based on the original! Additionally, it basically closes my goal to see the "Big 3". If it wasn't for Leatherface, I would put Universal Monsters Remix at the top of my list. B)

SP did have Pyramid Head. In two places- One was an animetronic effect where you only saw the Great Knife attack. They also had the character at the end, standing above walkway.

Really?!?

Maybe I didn't remember that since I had no idea what I was seeing. Interesting what we remember about houses we've been in, and how our memories fill in gaps.

EDIT: Well, in retrospect, I know the Great Knife was wielded by PH, but we didn't actually SEE him in that room. As above, I did not notice him at the end.

I would like to have TCM and La Llorona switch places on my expectations list. La Llorona is only going to have a new ending apparently. >.> At least TCM sound like it will be really good.

Where did you hear La Llorona would only have a new ending? I think we all heard Murdy tweet that it would be quite different. Jeez, if it's only different by way of the last room......

EDIT: You know, Freak, I notice that you have a habit of making some wild-ass "factual" statements that turn out to have no basis in fact. Since there seems to be nothing on this board that backs it up, can you elaborate as to what makes it "apparent" that la llorona will only have a new ending?

Where did you hear La Llorona would only have a new ending? I think we all heard Murdy tweet that it would be quite different. Jeez, if it's only different by way of the last room......

EDIT: You know, Freak, I notice that you have a habit of making some wild-ass "factual" statements that turn out to have no basis in fact. Since there seems to be nothing on this board that backs it up, can you elaborate as to what makes it "apparent" that la llorona will only have a new ending?

from the FAQ section on the HHNH site http://www.halloween...d/2012/faqs.php

What is new at Halloween Horror Nights this year?

5 brand new mazes plus 1 back by popular demand but with an all new ending. New mazes: AMC's The Walking Dead, Silent Hill, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Alice Cooper Goes To Hell in 3D and Universal Monsters Remix. Returning this year with an all new ending is La Llorona: La Cazadora de los Niños (The Child Hunter).

From John's twitter: "There's changes from the church on and some scenes from last year... new effects,etc"

EDIT: You know, Freak, I notice that you have a habit of making some wild-a** "factual" statements that turn out to have no basis in fact. Since there seems to be nothing on this board that backs it up, can you elaborate as to what makes it "apparent" that la llorona will only have a new ending?

What Grindhouse posted. If there were really new scenes inside the house, then why wouldn't they market it like they did with Saw? ("All-new scenes!") Sorry for not posting that earlier.

From John's twitter: "There's changes from the church on and some scenes from last year... new effects,etc"

I'm sure there will be changes, but they'll most-likely be minor. As for new scenes, there is probably some carnyism in there. He could be referring to the last two rooms that could be considered as a "new ending" as a whole.

I gave it to Silent Hill, only because the Sinister Pointe did such a fantastic kick-ass job. Even though it was IP, I loved what they did - having never played any of the games or seen the movie before going in. I really wonder what my opinion would have been, had I been walking in KNOWING I'd see the nurses, the Great Knife, etc. Oddly, the SP house did not have Pyramid Head, but from Murdy's tweets, I wonder if the HHN house will, either. After all, why put the same guys in the house AND the scarezone...?

As much as I love Alice, and loved W2MN, I am not really looking forward to this. I hate 3D, and really dislike how Hollywood repeats themes. But the glimmer of hope is that HOTC did such a good job of using 3D as a background effect. It was a great house....that happened to have 3D. Hoping Murdy will do much the same here.

Also not looking forward to La Llorona because of the whole repeats thing. We've been fooled too many times by Murdy the carnival barker promising us that something is brand new, when it has a couple of new things slapped in. The next time you read that a house is "all new!", I want you all to repeat this again and again: If it's that different, why not give us a new theme??? Did I put enough emphasis on that?

TCM? Not looking forward to that one, either. Wait - it's the original TCM? Oh, then that makes a world of difference. Because that Leatherface had a chainsaw. Nope - in my mind, we've got 3 retread houses....

...make that 4. Does anyone really think that HoH will be any different than prior years, other than having a soundtrack that consists of music that turns off many people? I really wish this had been the 3D house and not Alice. That way, I'd have even more reasons to not look forward to this one.

Walking Dead I AM looking forward to. Love zombies. Hard to go wrong there. I am very curious to see how they pull it off, as the WD zombies are essentially silent.

Terror Tram - gonna keep my expectations low. Every year has had such potential yet turned out to be the same old crap. This time, we KNOW that there will be zombies in WOTW, yet we are still hoping it will somehow be markedly different. We cleverly thought we'd see a zombie Norman or a half-eaten Norman. No such luck. We can also pretty safely bet that flasher zombie and Scarface zombie will not return, because they simply do not fit into the WD lore in any way. Are we setting ourselves up for a big letdown? If the biggest change is that it finally skips the mummy tunnel, will any of us ever listen to Murdy's tweets about great new stuff again? To me, this one has the most riding on it.

I could not possibly care any less about the scarezonez. Sick to death of the goddamn "Z" business. Toyz? Seriously? He's rubbing our freaking noses in it, now. Now, a Slutz scarezone, I might be able to get behind...

So, I'm only looking forward to 2 of the houses, and crossing every appendage that the TT will finally not suck.

Gotta say with 100% honesty here, I'm looking forward to Knotts more than HHN this year....

Ask me again in a month.

Even Orlando does not intrigue me as much as prior years, because almost everything so far is the same as here; I would have been counting the days a year ago. I'm really hoping their final three houses are all original. At this point, that's pretty much guaranteed. Most looking forward to Penn & Teller just because it's such a damned crazy idea, but so was H.R. BloodNGutz last year.

You know Zombieman, maybe its getting close to what is the pinnacle of your yearly pilgrimage to what this great country has to offer during the Halloween season, but I sense just a tad bit of frustration with your expectations for HHN. Retread this, retread that, same as this, same as that. If I had to base my expectations on every individual element as if each one was a specific event, I might as well not attend. As a whole, the entire event, ambience, rides, mazes, scarezones combined has made this an awesome event.....and I am a stickler for "live" Haunt events and seldom attend due to the hokieness of trying to appease every teenybopper and horror fan alike. Having seen many of your reviews, it looks like you enjoy the "Guerilla" style of haunts specific to one type of theme (Delirium/Haunted Play is one example that has intrigued me due to your posts). Maybe theme park haunts are starting not to be your cup of tea and appears you want something different. I see this year as shaping up fine, just as the past three years have built on a winning formula. Not trying to get your goat ZM; just see this event a bit differently than you.

Okay... it took me a while but, here's my anticipation list for this year. It is kind of long so make sure you grab some popcorn first!

1. Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D- I'll be honest, I'm as big of an Alice Cooper fan as John Murdy is, so any maze based on Alice Cooper will get me excited. I loved WTMN, in fact it was tied with La Llorona as being my favorite maze of 2011. I got the feeling John Murdy and Co. played it safe reusing a lot of sets, seeing they didn't know if the maze would be successful. So I'm excited to see how this all-new maze will be. The theme is better, much less disjointed than last year, and after looking at the construction pictures and concept art, I see that this maze will be 10x more horrifying, relying more on the scares than the cheesiness of the maze. This theme is definitely more original than anything I've ever seen at any theme park haunt, and looks like it will be a great experience to go through.

2. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: The Saw is the Law- Okay, the subtitle isn't that great, but the maze seems to have promise. I never went through the 2007/2008 version of the maze, but the fact that this is going to be based on the original makes this all the more exciting. The original was much creepier than the remake, and had a feeling of panic, I didn't get from the remake, so hopefully the maze will embody that feeling of the movie. Even though the theme is repeated, the environments don't look like they will be. The rumored gas station, forest, graveyard scenes take it away from the original maze that only took place in the Hewitt house. All in all, this will be an exciting addition to the park, and it should definitely please the hardcore horror fanatics.

3. Welcome to Silent Hill- The Walking Dead was very close to being my #3 but Silent Hill took it instead. I think it's the fact that the environments look so creepy and the characters even creepier, I can't wait to see this. I'm no gamer, in fact I haven't played video games in years, and I haven't seen the movie, but I'm looking forward to the sequel this October. It's even more exciting for me that the Mummy Queue, which many people, namely DTH, know I despise due to the U-turn element in all the previous mazes located here. But now, no U-turn make Hauntfan happy ;). So I'm even more excited about that. Can't wait to walk through this one.

4. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside- I was excited when this was announced, even though after the TT was announced as TWD, it killed some anticipation for the maze, but I digress. I haven't seen the TV Show, but the maze should definitely have some creepy environments invaded by those damn "walkers". Hopefully this maze has a lot going on, like "Quarantine" at Knott's or else it won't be as intense as I have hoped it will be. The Tank being in the maze is exciting, but I hope it doesn't make the maze a heck of a lot shorter. Usually the WWW Venue delivers great mazes, and I don't think The Walking Dead will ruin that legacy.

5. Universal Monsters Remix- I know some of you are thinking "a little high on the list there haunfan?", but I don't know. I kind of expected this to be a maze, but I'm more excited to see how the changes to the existing HOH work for the new maze. Maybe if this is successful, they will think about an even more expansive overlay next year. Even though the theme of the maze is risky, I like risks. I think it will be interesting to see an industrial 21st century version of the classic Universal Monsters we know and love, reimagined for the modern day horror fan, who isn't scared by a man in a Frankenstein costume. Maybe this can spark a new interest in classic monsters, for those who think they are old and worn out. The funniest thing about the announcement is that, everyone of us has complained about the lack of classic monsters during HHN every year, and Murdy delivers, and we complain... Either way, I'm excited to see what this will bring.

6. Terror Tram: Invaded By the Walking Dead- Okay, I'll give it to you straight. I wish they would've announced this when they announced the maze, because they didn't it killed my anticipation for the TT this year. Noticing the last few years Terror Tram's have been sub-par, I'm keeping my expectations low. I hope I am surprised and this is the best Terror Tram ever (only cuz Trevler ;) ) and I will walk away gladly repeating "I was dead wrong about this", I hope it will, but I'm not keeping my expectations high.

7. La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos- Ir La Llorona received the same treatment Alice Cooper did this year, this would have been tied for #1. This was tied last year for my favorite with WTMN, and if it would have been a sequel this year, it would have been all the better. I still am greatly excited for this as I am excited to return to the old scenes as well as some new scenes as well. John Murdy making it scarier is just icing on the cake. Even though this is my least anticipated maze this year, because I know what to expect, I still am 100% excited for this.

Thoughts on the scare zones

I'll admit, I'm a little let down, no props or set pieces on the lower lot, as well as no Western Street scare zone once again, but I'm not going to dwell on that.

Klownz- I'm getting tired of those damn Klownz though! I liked them both years, I'm sure I will like them this year. But really, they just took Welcome to Hell, my favorite scare zone, took all the characters and clownified them. While I think it is a great scare zone, I've always been let down at the fact they never had Welcome to Hell another year. Klownz will once again be the energy hub of the entire park this Halloween, and I will still enjoy walking through it and watching the Ringmaster do his thing, but while I'll be walking through, I'll be looking in my crystal ball, thinking of what could be in the NY Street zone...

Silent Hill- This I knew was going to happen, although I believe it will be more of a photo-op rather than a scare zone, which is fine since it will be crowded down there anyways. I don't really have much else to say about this other than it will set up the mood for Welcome to Silent Hill nicely.

Witches- This sounds promising. If they make it anything like The Coven at HHNO, it can be one of the best scare zones this year. Although I wish we got more creative names for scare zones, other than the characters that are inside of it. It makes it sound like a group of roaming scareactors, rather than a zone.

Toyz- The "Z" is back... Z aside, I'm truly excited for this new zone. Finally some creativity on Baker Street since 2008. It's always been Zombies and basically Zombie inmates in 2010. But the whole living Toy concept will work well in Baker Street and I'm excited to see what the characters will look like. One small grievance of mine... why didn't they use the "Toymaker" as an icon??? I mean, all they needed to do was take a few promo pics for the website, posters, etc. film a commercial starring him, have a website that features some toy like features, and use the back story they already created for him in the scare zone. They wouldn't even need to give him a maze, they could have left the event alone, and still used him as an Icon, with the scare zone being his only true tie-in to the event. /rant

Ride & Show Anticipation

Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure- All I can say is, I hope it's better than last year!

The Simpson's Ride- Please, find a way to do a Treehouse of Horrors overlay!

Revenge of the Mummy- Bring back the scare actor at the end!

Jurassic Park In the Dark- This one I like. ;)

Transformer's: The Ride 3D- I'm excited for this to suck up people from the lines for the other mazes.

Edited by Hauntfan
  • Like 1

Very good post, Hauntfan, I agree or can at least understand your points with pretty much everything except for ACGTH/WTMN haha.

Which brings me to my point: my anticipation this year has shifted drastically after seeing the ACGTH pics. It looks like more of the same from WTMN just with added 3D. I still think it'll be better than WTMN, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Right now, Silent Hill, TCM and TWD are battling it out for the most anticipated spot. ACGTH has officially fallen out of the running. (not like anybody cares though :-P)

^Thank you. I see what you mean from ACGTH, but for some reason, I'm having a feeling the maze will be more intense than WTMN. The sets don't look great yet because they aren't finished yet. But somehow I wonder... if it was Welcome to Hell, based on the scare zone, with the same design sans Alice, would you feel any different? Either way, I totally see where you're coming from, I have my reservations for the maze as well, but I truly believe that John Murdy will not let us down. :)

It would have to do without the 3D elements which would then factor out a lot of that bright red, which I honestly hated the way it looked in HOTC. Every time there was blood, I felt like Stu in Scream watching Halloween saying, "it's too red!" Also, the characters would have to seem more terrifying, less cartoony. And THEN, yes, I'd be SUPER excited for a Welcome to Hell maze!