2012 Scare-Actor Casting Location

Actually, i'll go into it more. I enjoyed using the chainsaw for about the first set and a half, and then I felt it got in my way of mixing it up. If I could have done a set with and a set with out it, I think I would have had more love for the position, but it all just got very monotonous to me- I like to do lots of different things out there, and with the chainsaw, almost all scares ended up being a 'weapons' scare. It felt silly to NOT use the chainsaw if I had in my hands, after all. Now granted, I never got too... uh... tricksy? No chainsaw slides or anything like that but by the end of the weekend I was just about done with it.

As for the fumes, its not the smell- I dont mind gasoline. In 09 there were LOTS of chainsaws in a very tight area, (I was on NY street when I had mine) and all the fumes from everyone's saws conspired to actually make me ill. I might be sensitive to fumes, or it might have been an abnormal amount because of how many chainsaws there were that year, but there you go.

Im not sure what the sets are like for chainsaws now, but when I was doing it was 2.5 to 3 hour sets... which is a long time to swing one of those things around, with a 15 min break. Terrible.

The sets actually differ depending on the area, in 2010 when I was in TT, it ran from 7-12 with a 1/2 break, so it was about a 4 1/2 set. in 2011 we actually did about 1 to 2 hrs sets. You eventually get used to it, the weight and fumes don't really become a problem.

It really depends on the individual, personally I wouldn't like to be on the streets with just any prop. To me having the chainsaw is more intimidating. I guess it depends on how the scareactor uses his "tool", you can get really good scares from it but you can also fail with it.

Well, its not one hundred percent, but it looks like I'm on Terror Tram. :zombie_attack:

My name isn't on the list so guess I'm not needed for a fitting :o What does that mean, are you still able to determine what maze venues aren't being fitted right now or what attraction I'm more likely to be in ?

Edited by shark23

I got a phone call from casting today. My fitting is Thursday at 4. I'm in the Walking Dead something. Couldn't hear them properly, but I think they said maze, not TT. They also said I was 'something something' girl. Again, hard to understand, but I thought they said schoolgirl. Having never seen WD, I'm looking at the characters now and I have a feeling they may have said Bicycle Girl. If that's the case, holy shit.