HHN 2012: The Walking Dead: Dead Inside

Hauntfan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they will do like they did with Cirque du Freak and have some of the casr there from TWD over opening weekend?! Also from the video can't wait to experience the Hospital scene and the store scene..looks to be pretty awesome.

I was hoping something a bit more epic would be in the T2 queue, but oh well. This should still be a decent maze. This is also the first TV show maze at HHN post-hiatus, so there's already 2 exciting new elements to play with this year. Doesn't look like it'll be in 3D either and no mention if it'll be on the Terror Tram or if there's any scarezones. I'm hoping this'll be the last of the shared properties.

And am I the only one who misses freakin' SUBTITLES?!

Just because they are standing in Terminator Queue doesnt mean thats where the maze is going. Its probably the furthermost along maze, so it looks the best for the video shoot. Im not saying its NOT going in there, but we still dont know for sure. Someone ask John on Twitter!

I was hoping something a bit more epic would be in the T2 queue, but oh well. This should still be a decent maze. This is also the first TV show maze at HHN post-hiatus, so there's already 2 exciting new elements to play with this year. Doesn't look like it'll be in 3D either and no mention if it'll be on the Terror Tram or if there's any scarezones. I'm hoping this'll be the last of the shared properties.

I loved the subtitles, they added more of a feeling to the maze. They were an HHN signature, hopefully more of the mazes have them that haven't been announced yet. :D

Just because they are standing in Terminator Queue doesnt mean thats where the maze is going. Its probably the furthermost along maze, so it looks the best for the video shoot. Im not saying its NOT going in there, but we still dont know for sure. Someone ask John on Twitter!

That might be true. I don't have a twitter, but somebody should definitely ask him so we can clear this up!!

Edit: Have they released what codename TWD is?

Edited by Hauntfan

Sorry for the double post but John sent out a few tweets. One said walking dead will have a tagline, DTH I bet that makes you happy ;). And the other said that the locations of the maze will be in a secluded and hidden area, but that pretty much only rules out HOH, all the other locations are secluded. But maybe, possibly, it's in a new location that John doesn't want to say. Similar to how he released the JP Queue and T2 Queue. Classic Cowboy was the codename related to TWD.

Exact wording:

@HorrorNights where will the walking dead maze be located?

@ironkiller6876 some place secluded...hidden away...out of sight

Wai, wai, wai -- A NEW MAZE LOCATION?! 7 mazes?! Okay, just calm down, BREATHE. Pheeeew. Okay... lemme collect myself... he's probably just toying with us... or is he?! Awwww, I don't know.

T2 is pretty secluded. You go down that long queue toward the back of Cyberdyne. My guess is this is the location, as seen in the vid.

HoH, ditto of what Hauntfan said.

WWW is smack dab in the middle of the park.

Shrek, not so secluded. Flinstones is just across the way but I suppose it could count since it's behind Shrek.

JP is right next to the loading area of JP.

Mummy is pretty secluded but is occupied by SH.

Don't mess with us, Murdy. That's not nice :(

*Sigh* Late to the party again, I see. That's what I get from spending all day at DCA not having a smartphone. :P

yeah looks like Freak called it its going T2.

Told you it was going in T2. Tooooold ya!

*Reads WESKER's post* D'oh! It really is going in the Wild West venue! Uhhh, am I the only one who feels a tad gyped from this since Orlando has a MUCH bigger venue to work with?

You really like to jump on the 3D train pretty quickly don't you? Haha. WD is not going in the T2 queue after all so.... I miss the subtitles as well and hope they reveal it soon. Part of the fun to me is guessing out of thin air what the subtitle is going to be haha.

Exact wording:

@HorrorNights where will the walking dead maze be located?

@ironkiller6876 some place secluded...hidden away...out of sight

Wai, wai, wai -- A NEW MAZE LOCATION?! 7 mazes?! Okay, just calm down, BREATHE. Pheeeew. Okay... lemme collect myself... he's probably just toying with us... or is he?! Awwww, I don't know.

T2 is pretty secluded. You go down that long queue toward the back of Cyberdyne. My guess is this is the location, as seen in the vid.

HoH, ditto of what Hauntfan said.

WWW is smack dab in the middle of the park.

Shrek, not so secluded. Flinstones is just across the way but I suppose it could count since it's behind Shrek.

JP is right next to the loading area of JP.

Mummy is pretty secluded but is occupied by SH.

Don't mess with us, Murdy. That's not nice :(

What if our dreams finally came true and it actually is in a sound st- Nah, it just can't be! I'll be fall-to-the-floor-into-a-coma shocked if that's the case.

...and yes, the code name was Classic Cowboy like Stitch said. Way to go man! You nailed this one!

Looks like you were right Trev, TWD is in the WWW Arena.

Edited by Hauntfan

Article I found in entertainment weekly...cool part is when Nicotero confirmed 3 out of the 12 rooms...

The Walking Dead’ coming to Universal Studios this Halloween By Darren Franich

Have you ever wanted to wander through a zombie apocalypse? Me too, weirdo! And we’re both in luck, because this fall, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood are celebrating their annual Halloween Horror Nights with a vivid recreation of AMC’s undead sensation The Walking Dead. This will be the first time that a TV show has been given the Horror Nights experience, says John Murdy, creative director on Universal Studios Hollywood. “We’ve focused in the past on movie franchises. We’ve done every major horror franchise you can imagine, from Nightmare on Elm Street to Friday the 13th, Saw, Halloween. But now horror has become so big on television, and Walking Dead stands tallest among those series.”

Murdy promises a host of settings and characters from the first two seasons of the show will be re-created in the two theme parks, including the hospital from the show’s pilot and the season 1 campsite. “You’re walking in their footsteps and experiencing all the things they experienced. We even use things like the sense of smell: If you’re in the hospital, you smell the dead bodies.”

Murdy estimates that the experience will include anywhere from 10 to 12 major environments. And, in news guaranteed to please gorehound Dead fans, Universal is working closely with Greg Nicotero, Walking Dead‘s special effects makeup artist and all-around zombie guru. Says Nicotero, “We couldn’t be in better hands. Being a fan of the genre, Universal’s brand of horror and monster stuff is something that inspired me. When I was a kid, it was Creature From the Black Lagoon, Wolfman, Dracula, Frankenstein, all those great iconic characters.”

Nicotero notes that Universal will be using many of the original molds and prosthetics similar to those used in the TV show. The Universal experience will offer a new challenge in terms of creating the walkers. “It’s a live performance, and you have people right there, it’s a much more tangible scenario,” he says, noting that — unlike on a TV show — you can’t touch up a zombie’s makeup between takes.

Nicotero also promises return appearances from Bicycle Girl (the half-zombie from the Dead pilot) and the grotesque Well-Walker. And the Halloween Horror Nights Dead experience will also feature a return trip from a walker close to the designer’s heart. “In season 1, there was a zombie eating a deer,” says Nicotero. “Which actually was played by me. So I get a Walker cameo in Halloween Horror Nights.”

So even though people recently saying this is the first HHNH maze to be based on a TV show are wrong (Buffy, Angel, technically Undertaker since he's a character Monday Night Raw -- all pre-hiatus), this maze DOES have a first...

First maze to be based on a comic book!

Edited by DTH316

^The thing is, people nowadays don't give a crap about pre-hiatus stuff. I do, but some people on these forums probably don't know we had two TV mazes in the past. And a VIDEO GAME scarezone, so Silent Hill isn't the FIRST video game to be featured at HHNH but it is the first to be a maze. But I don't think the Comic argument applies, the maze will be based strictly on the TV series.

Edited by Hauntfan

I think it's important to keep the pre-hiatus history alive but by keeping it a separate category in conversations, like how we did just now with "pre-hiatus" and "post hiatus." 2006 was a reboot of sorts, like Batman Begins or The Amazing Spiderman. Everything before those don't count in the current canon but the history of the other films are still important to those respective times. So as long as we differentiate the two between "pre" and "post," we can still make points across.

And yes, the maze will probably be solely based on the TV show but the TV show at times is almost directly a copy of the comic book (depending on the scene, sometimes it's completely different). So by proxy, it's based on the comic book. I'm also sure they'll draw SOME inspiration from the comic book for the mega fans.

Edited by DTH316

And yes, the maze will probably be solely based on the TV show but the TV show at times is almost directly a copy of the comic book (depending on the scene, sometimes it's completely different). So by proxy, it's based on the comic book. I'm also sure they'll draw SOME inspiration from the comic book for the mega fans.

What makes you think that? I'm sure they'll only focus strictly on the television stuff. Not to open a can of worms here, but do you really think the team really stayed true to the Scream franchise for last year's Terror Tram? They probably will forget about the comic stuff.

Well, Murdy actually seems excited about the Walking Dead. Even remember him saying good things about the show back when he was watching it in November. I'm sure in his research, he skimmed over the comic at the very least out of curiosity. Scream... never said a nice word about it. Never even boasted excitement for the aspect of it other than it was a huge cast that year. And he refuses to talk about it's failures.

@HorrorNights oh...are you doing Bicycle Girl and is that why you dug a pit?

@thesaurusboy688 he he he

Not necessarily the scare from below we were hoping. Guess it'll require the scareactor's lower half to be in the ground. Sounds dangerous to me, in the event someone starts to act stupid but it'll be a good scare.