New House Locations

Chef

I think if we think about this that it only makes sense for Uni to have a 2 park event. I think a dueling icon theme would be epic. I think that is a great idea and would be something totally different. I can't see them charging separate tickets for each park, I don't think that will happen... yet. If it were to be separately ticketed events, it would be a kid friendly one but that won't happen this year. With the construction in Amity, I can't see Uni doing this. Once the construction is complete, I think it will happen.

Honestly I'm hearing from a lot of sources that two-parks is a very real possibility this year... and if you look at what they said at the tweet up last year, it seemed they were dropping hints at that. I don't see the two seperate ticketed events happening. At least this year.

With the lack of space at UO (down two streests, and entire section, a house location.... and Fear Factor essentially useless) it seems illogical to have it strictly at UO. I can see a hybrid of the two with only a protion on the UO side being used. Although I think they could spread it out from both park extrimities if pressed for space. I just don't think they need to. the tents are movable and there are plenty of sound stages that can be used. You have the jurassic terrace... and even the Tri-tops area (if you're really desperate).

Regardless, I assume that, until premits are pulled, the locations are still subject to change. So I think most of it is highly speculative till it is actually confirmed. I guess we will know soon though. If IOA is to be used, I would think several noticable changes could take place. But the most revealing is the permits.

Perhaps, if they will allow it, I will ask about the location at the design forum.

Honestly I'm hearing from a lot of sources that two-parks is a very real possibility this year... and if you look at what they said at the tweet up last year, it seemed they were dropping hints at that. I don't see the two seperate ticketed events happening. At least this year.

With the lack of space at UO (down two streests, and entire section, a house location.... and Fear Factor essentially useless) it seems illogical to have it strictly at UO. I can see a hybrid of the two with only a protion on the UO side being used. Although I think they could spread it out from both park extrimities if pressed for space. I just don't think they need to. the tents are movable and there are plenty of sound stages that can be used. You have the jurassic terrace... and even the Tri-tops area (if you're really desperate).

Regardless, I assume that, until premits are pulled, the locations are still subject to change. So I think most of it is highly speculative till it is actually confirmed. I guess we will know soon though. If IOA is to be used, I would think several noticable changes could take place. But the most revealing is the permits.

Perhaps, if they will allow it, I will ask about the location at the design forum.

Yeah, I think that it'll be in IOA and UO, which you won't hear me complain about, since I would love to have another HHN at IOA. Since I barely remember 2005 (being that I was 10), I would love to see if being there would help spark old memories. Also, being in both parks could also lead to bigger scare zones, which I think every HHN fan would be happy with. :)

Yeah, I think that it'll be in IOA and UO, which you won't hear me complain about, since I would love to have another HHN at IOA. Since I barely remember 2005 (being that I was 10), I would love to see if being there would help spark old memories. Also, being in both parks could also lead to bigger scare zones, which I think every HHN fan would be happy with. :)

I personally think it would be cool to, that was my first hhn, but I still feel like they can do it in one, amity never had anything pertinent besides one house in the jaws Que, to my memorable knowledge at least,

Well looking closely at the blueprints. It seems the only area affected is directly between hogwarts gates and Sinbad. So most likely the bypass bridge would be used and perhaps Hogwats completely bypassed (I can't imagine the nightmare that would cause with one entrance). Thats if the street was even blocked. But it looks like the street would stilll be there... just a huge wall on one side.

Well looking closely at the blueprints. It seems the only area affected is directly between hogwarts gates and Sinbad. So most likely the bypass bridge would be used and perhaps Hogwats completely bypassed (I can't imagine the nightmare that would cause with one entrance). Thats if the street was even blocked. But it looks like the street would stilll be there... just a huge wall on one side.

I can't remember for sure, but doesn't a lot of Lost Continent have fossils of shells and sea life and what not embedded in the concrete? That would all have to be pulled up too for HP. But I don't remember if that was in the street as well (only went through that section once, and it was right before HHN, so my mind was on other things :P). Or was that just outside Sinbad and Poseidon's Fury?

Edited by boogeyman13

yes, if that area does become a part of the Wizarding World, they will have to change that Concrete, but I would expect that to be one the last things they would do. This new development probably won't really affect anything at all, as has been stated, it would probably just be walls on the right side of the street from Sindbad-Potter. Probably nothing more.

With this much construction going on at once, it really seems to give more and more credibility to two parks.

There's always the parking garages. Maybe the theme should be construction from Hell, crazed zombie carpenters, psycho union leaders

and demonic plumbers. ...... wait , has then already been done?

• Like 1

I don't know if I just missed it, but I think that JWFearman's speculation about the tents may be true. I took a picture yesterday that just may show one tent missing. However, I couldn't get a better angle from which to see the space. Can anyone confirm this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69468157@N02/6931851387/

Funny, I am in this picture. I just forgot to smile, if only I knew.

With this much construction going on at once, it really seems to give more and more credibility to two parks.

Yup...If Uni is going to start tearing up LC in the next 4 months plus all the Amity construction going on I just don't see all this being done by September so HHN 22 at USF and IOA only makes sense or just IOA in general... :unsure:

So...In a completely realistic REAL world. How likely is it really for each of the following things to happen?

1 (Most Likely) The event stays in Just USF, with a new house location that is not the Jaws Queue (Perhaps the Herc and Zena Building, or Another Soundstage, or another area we've yet to think of. If it does stay here Bill and Ted would probably be at Fear Factor per usual with another show as well (I Heard rumblings last year of an evolved version of Death Drums, but I have no idea if that's still in the cards) The Streets are easily moveable, and nothing here is really make or break (Hollywood, Mel's, Shrek Ally, Production Central, New York, Sting Ally, San Francisco, Central Park, Kidzone, World Expo, Etc)

2. Just Islands. The Event moves over to Islands of Adventure being it's home for the foreseeable future. If this happened, they would probably move the sprung tents to islands, perhaps behind Thunder Falls, or Behind Cat in the Hat? Unfortunately, with the added attendance from Harry Potter, many of the old House Locations are not feasible anymore, Such as the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, Poseidon's Fury, Bluto's Queue, Etc. But there is still the Carnage Warehouse, Sprung Tents, Soundstages, I'm sure they could make it work if they wanted to. If this happened Bill and Ted would obviously move over to Toon Amphitheater, and probably another show as well. I personally don't think that Harry Potter would be an issue here, I think that the area could remain open, but be like Seuss in that it probably couldn't be a scare zone, so If it was a JUST ISLANDS event the scare zones would probably be Port of Entry, Marvel, Toon, Perhaps 2 in Jurassic Park, and Sindbad's Village. (Because that's really all there is without Seuss and Potter.) That being said, I think if the Event was moved over to Islands it would be far more likely that we would have Option 3...

3. Island Entrance, with Half of Studios. I Believe this has been done in the past that Islands serves as the main entrance with Part of Studios open, you could cross over from Seuss or Lost Continent, and you could also keep Mummy and Rockit open. Bill and Ted would probably still be in Toon Amphitheater, but this way the Scare Zones would be more spread out then an event that was JUST ISLANDS. This also opens up more spread out entrances for the Soundstage Houses as well.

4. USF Entrance with Half of Islands. I dreamt of this event a while back, and really it no longer seems feasable to me, but it's worth noting. USF is laid out with streets on the left side, and a circle on the right, but if for example you opened up a pathway from Production Central over to Seuss, Forced traffic up toward Lost Continent and then back around toward The Manhattan Public Library, it would be brilliently laid out, and you could open Harry Potter (Without a scarezone of course, but it's still a popular attraction). If this happened Bill and Ted would be at Fear Factor and it would give them the option to spread out Scare Zones more because of the Amity construction. That being said, there are no real spaces for Houses on the Islands side, Unless they open up a fourth soundstage, there would be no houses on the Islands side of the event and quite a lot of dead space with Seuss and Potter. I don't see this one happening, but I don't know, it seemed worth noting as a possibility.

5. Two Full Parks with connecting Scarezones for One HUGE event. Anything really goes with this one, Spread out Houses, Spread Out Scare Zones, LOTS of added capacity, LOTS of added potential attractions. There are obviously a few cons though, LOTS of extra security and LOTS of extra operations personnel most notably come to mind.

6. Two full parks, separate tickets. I don't see this one happening, but it's been mentioned so once again, I thought it was notable.

So...Really. Not in any fantasy world. In the REAL WORLD, which of these seem the most likely. It seems most likely to me that the event will stay at Studios with some Major new Crowd Flow changes. But, on the other hand with construction at studios, it seems like this could also be a good year for experimenting. The event gets more and crowded every year, and word of mouth gets more and more notable every year, so who knows? Anyone have any insight?

Honestly 3, just because of what I've been hearing. Disaster looks to be a dead end for a while. there are a lot of reasons to move things... and I'm finding less and less to keep it where it is. Of course it could be one of the other two park options. But IOA has the best entry and realitically 3 makes the most sense in practicality.

I would go with pick #1 overall. Islands is a nightmare in traffic and with the unused locations.

Another soundstage I believe. Since jaws extended que was used. Any other rides you think they could use a que as? How about the Mummy? Hmm death drums with the new water show?...

Is it possible, given that this is only March, that they may have at least the new streets ready by September? At least enough to open a section back up and put in a sz or something? I don't know how long they take for those sort of things, so I don't know how feasible it is. But maybe?