Photos & Scareactors

Photography  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Scareacters should "Pose" for Photographs?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I share the same opinion as many of the people who voted no before me: I don't come for photo ops, I come for scares. However, I don't think there is anything wrong with people taking candid shots of scare actors (as long as they aren't blinding them with flash.) Under no circumstances should flash photography be allowed in houses, it's disrespectful to the actors (assuming you aren't on a tour with no actors on set.) Also, I could see allowing a photo op or two if someone asks nicely on a really slow night, or really early in the evening. I like Hush's idea about having a place & time for those people who do want to take photos with the actors (yet another event that keeps people out of the line for haunts xD.)

I don't mind pictures with Scareactors at all...and what I typically do is pose for a picture by a streetlight or a set car or whatever...in a scarezone. I'd say probably 7 out of 10 times, a scareactor will motion to my friend taking the picture and come in behind us. So we aren't harassing the actor or interrupting anything, but we set ourselves up for a scare or "surprise" when we see our photo later :)

Well inside the houses of course no photography of any kind or it will ruin the experience completely but for scarezone the scareactors may have pictures be taken of him/her when their doing their job scaring or acting dead or "in action" but when someone ask or just try to take a picture make the scareactor him or herself they should growl or scream or act like their about to hit you with the weapon they have according to the character they are portraying. But I too am responsible of asking or stopping scareactors to pose for a picture in szs when its not a peak day but most likely the last day of the event or Halloween or EP i usually do it.

I've only been to HHN 5 years, but here's an HHN virgin who went through the Leave it to Cleaver house and encountered his doppelganger at the end. The scareactor was like, "Wow" and encouraged us to take out a camera and take an In-House Picture. We got yelled at as soon as we walked out of the house by security...but I think you can see the NEED for this pic!

DSCF0570.jpg

I wish Sam was nice to me as was to you^ I just asked him for a high 5 and he denied... At least Meety was fun with his chainsaw.

I think it was "extenuating circumstances" since they looked like twins. Their outfits and reaction to flashes are different, but they had the same exact build and facial expressions. It was quite odd.

i think it all depends on the situation,

Houses of course not!!!! One of my Worst memories of the event was, The storyteller house in 2006, it was halloween the last day of the event, i made this long line to go in the house, everything was fine and then all of the sudden this drunk guys started taking pics of every room, The scareactors were really nice and sometimes smile or let them take the pics, and maybe because it was the last day they let them, but it was my first day in HHN, and it ruined the house.

as far as scarezones,

i say Yes, But With Moderation, I love being able to have pictures of the memories of HHN, pictures i can look at later and remember that particular year, I also love seeing other people's pictures, some of you have really good cameras and take amazing pictures, i would be really sad if i could not take pictures in the scarezones, But there is where my "moderation" comment comes in, when im taking a picture, i only take one, and i make sure that the scarezone is empty, i see people taking up to 20 pics at once, now thats really bad.(if i take more pics, i do it away from them and of the actors scaring people) and i usually chose only one day for pictures.

Also HHN opens at 6, and from 6 to 7 P.M. the sun is always still up, so i take that time to take pictures, that way i dont need any flash, besides the pictures come out better.

so i dont see anything wrong with taking pics as long as you are considerate, Also,some of us use FFP so we have been trough the scarezone many times,(actually, i cant think of one time that i have been scared in a scarezone anyway)

I would hate it if they dont allow cameras in the event :(

Edited by black7mask

The only problems I've ever had with it...#1 being flashed in the face when working in houses...that hurts! And one night working Fractured Tales as the Pied Piper (my only night there) at one point I had a line of people wanting pictures...I was like no and skipped off. Please don't form a line for pictures with actors.

I didn't vote because there wasn't a "in certain circumstances" choice. In houses, most definitely no. In SOME scarezones, like my Horrorwood last year, it's ok, within reason. Don't ask for more than one photo, try not to use flash as it is very disrupting even outside, and for heavens sake, don't be rude about it by yelling at the scareactor, or grabbing them for a photo. Quickest way to get ignored.

BTW, you can set up for scares during a photo op.

• 2 weeks later...

I would never take a photo inside a house, but I go so often throughout the event, I do get chances to take pictures with the scarezone scaractors. I wait until a lull or get an action shot. Posed photos, unless in the theme of things isn't as fun as a scare shot.

Man, I can't wait for the end of September....

Do I think they should? No. But do I think they should be allowed to if they want to? Absolutely. They should have the choice to be able to pose for a picture if they want. But they shouldn't be forced one way or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we can all agree with this statement...photo ops with scareactors are great ONLY if it doesn't blind them, take them away from performing or ruin the ambiance.

Photos in houses = idiot = deserving of beat down

I think we can all agree with this statement...photo ops with scareactors are great ONLY if it doesn't blind them, take them away from performing or ruin the ambiance.

Photos in houses = idiot = deserving of beat down

yep, agree :)

As an actor I understand why they don't want photos in the house. I think it'd be fine if there was just no flash photography, but with strict copy right laws and the whole flash photo issue it's far easier just to not let people take pictures in houses.

• 2 weeks later...

I first started attending the event in 07, and I only took pictures at last yrs HHN lol. And I love that scareactors pose for pictures as long as their still in character, which they always are!

Anyway, here are some pics

Me..

This clearly wasn't a pose, but I love how it turned out!

067e.jpg

052nt.jpg

051ql.jpg

Edited by HHNislove

I think it all depends on the situation. I don't see myself ever really wanting to take a picture with a scareactor unless it's someone I know, and in that case I would.

I don't see a problem with a quick 10 second pose for a picture in a scarezone, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I think the actors have every right to refuse to take a picture. It can quickly become a problem if scareactors are taking pictures while guests walk through the area without getting scares.

Granted if a friend asks for one, I will try to set it up so other guests are not around. does not always work.As for the times I have been on the streets, you want my pic, better keep up! Scareactors should be shot in action shots, Photo op characters should be the ones posing for pictures. Here is the difference.

Pose

HHN20061035.jpg

Action

DSCF3454Small.jpg

DSCF3438Small.jpg

Edited by C_D

I actually prefer candid photos of people getting scared. Ooh, the hilarity! <3

But some scareactors, I just want a picture with so bad. I'm not a fan of the camera, but if I see a special scareactor around like the stilted demon last year, I gotta snap a shot! It doesn't have to include me, but I would like to snap a quick shot and let them do their job. :P

I think it can take away from whats going on. I mean, like last year the Mel's Die In scarezone and Cirque Du Freak (ugh. Did that even count as a scarezone?) was basically one big photo-op. None of the actors ever got a chance to be scary cause they were ganged up by people for photos.

If you take a pic in passing thats cool but I think stopping them and having them break character ruins it.

• 1 month later...

well I was in the park today and I saw people taking pictures with the actors and everything, but I just felt shy and didnt ask for many pics, even with the Icons which is totally a Photo op zone I still felt kinda afraid of asking because I didnt wanted to annoy any of them :blush:

well I was in the park today and I saw people taking pictures with the actors and everything, but I just felt shy and didnt ask for many pics, even with the Icons which is totally a Photo op zone I still felt kinda afraid of asking because I didnt wanted to annoy any of them :blush:

I'm the same way. I feel bad for asking for a photo, but if I ever do it's always at an appropriate time. Never when they're trying to scare. Tonight was also opening night, and I NEVER try to get pictures with scareactors on opening night. I think it's rude, seeing as they're just getting set-up and trying to study their best scares. I usually wait a week or two before I attempt any photo op.

This my first year cast in the streets I am here to admit I was wrong about the pics in the streets, it is un-avoidable and acceptable, AS LONG AS the picture taker is ready, do not make me wait or you miss your pic. Quick pic, Move along I have work to do.