What was your favorite HoH overlay/addition

11 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite HoH overlay/ addition

• Vampyre: Castle of the Undead
    • The Wolfman: Curse of Talbot Hall
    • Chucky's Funhouse
    • House of Horrors: Meet the Strangers

Just an FYI, any wishful thinking done for what overlay one would like to see for HoH should go in the wishful thinking thread. That would be very much appreciated.

I liked Wolfman the best since 1) It's Wolfman! 2) I feel like it's the most fitting overlay for the House of Horrors and 3) I thought they made some solid additions to it.

They did not change the tunnel! It's always been Wolfman themed.

Anywho, my vote goes for Vampyre. It had an elaborate back story (an entire comic book!) and it actually fit with every single room in the maze.

All the scareactors fit (I had no idea why a lot of the people in Wolfman were there or what they even were) and it didn't try to pass itself off as something it wasn't too much.

Chucky was a great one too, with the addition of an insulting Chucky both in the line and IN the maze near the exit.

Also, I believe they added an entire scene for that one with a person's head in a vice being turned into a toy near the end.

^For the same reasons as above, my vote goes to Vampyre and Chucky.

Vampyre had the the best theme, and better flowed with the overall environment of the HoH, albeit the infamous Chucky room.

Chucky's Funhouse, though it still felt like the HoH, utilized enough scenery and theme that it did a pretty good job on its own.

• 2 months later...

I think youre forgetting that House of Horrors itself is/was an overlay, prior to that it was Van Helsing: Fortress of Dracula. Not to mention prior to that it was the Mummys Tomb. So my vote would have to be HoH. Everything after that seemed lackluster. I'm sure someone is going to defend HoH and the fact that they cant do anything with it due to day time guests blah blah blah. But it still needs to be revamped. How long has it been Van Helsing/HoH?! Mummy didn't last long, its time for a MAJOR makeover.

^ Yeah, my question is why haven't they replaced the damn thing yet? Seems like they're keeping it around exclusively for HHN or something since every year prior to the hiatus, that maze would change every 2 years or less. Chicken Run, The Grinch, The Mummy, Van Helsing and then suddenly it just stopped. HoH, why you no change no mo when we need you to?

^ Yeah, my question is why haven't they replaced the damn thing yet? Seems like they're keeping it around exclusively for HHN or something since every year prior to the hiatus, that maze would change every 2 years or less. Chicken Run, The Grinch, The Mummy, Van Helsing and then suddenly it just stopped. HoH, why you no change no mo when we need you to?

The main reason it's not changed anymore is because they've finally found an appropriate theme that suits Universal without having to change it so much. Think of how much money it saves Uni not having to switch it out for another film that will eventually become old hat. It would be nice to see a couple of rooms updated/replaced though.

I see your point Freak, HoH is VERY fitting for Uni since their claim to fame is Horror; and it works during the other 11 months of the year. But for the price I pay for tickets, I want HoH different during HHN.

And whoa it used to be Chicken Run & The Grinch??!! Are there videos or photos, I'd love to see it.

I'm sure there's photos of when it was the Grinch somewhere. It was when they did the very first Grinchmas and the maze was littered with all sorts of props and sets from the movie. It was like literally walking into the Grinch's lair. Then at the end, you get a photo op with The Grinch. It was AWESOME. However, I personally never got to see Chicken Run and I think it had a VERY limited run, so I'm willing to bet that's more rare. I'll give it a google search maybe later tonight when I get home and see what I can find!