Favorite New Costume of HHN21

Fallow

Houses & Streets!  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite new costume of HHN21 in the STREETS?

• Lady Luck (Pretty)
    • Lady Luck (Ugly/Demon)
    • Lady Luck's Minions (a.k.a. the Spade Gang)
    • Nightmaze Dwellers
    • Acid Assault Melted Faces
    • Acid Assault Scarred Citizens (no mask, just make-up)
    • Acid Assault Gas Masks
    • Ravens (Poe/Grown Evil)
    • Owl (Grown Evil)
    • Bat (Grown Evil)
    • Greed (M&F, 7)
    • Gluttony (M&F, 7)
    • Wrath (M&F, 7)
    • Envy (M&F, 7)
    • Sloth (M&F, 7)
    • Vanity/Pride (M&F, 7)
    • Lust (M&F, 7)
    • Dark Soul Wraith (Canyon of Dark Souls)
    • Dark Soul Stiltwalker (Canyon of Dark Souls)
  2. 2. What was your favorite new costume of HHN21 in the HOUSES?

• Nightingales
    • Sorrow Angel (Winter's Night)
    • Lady Elizabeth Hawthorn (Winter's Night)
    • Other Spirits of Winter's Night
    • Forsaken Crew
    • Spaniards (Forsaken)
    • In-Between Demons (all sorts)
    • "Big Daddy" Scuba Suit (Saws'n'Steam)
    • Red Masque Dancers (Nevermore)
    • Red Masque of Death (Nevermore)
    • H.R. Bloodngutz
    • Cupid (Bloodngutz)
    • Leprechauns (Bloodngutz)
    • Zombie Lincoln (Bloodngutz)
    • Zombie Washington (Bloodngutz)
    • Evil Elves (Bloodngutz)
    • Arbor Day Tree (Bloodngutz)
    • Edgar Allen Poe
    • Axe in the Face Girl (Poe)

So I ran this poll last year - thought I'd try it again this year. I can only do 20 options for each question, so I had to separate it into zones and houses - and even then I had to make some really tough decisions on what to include on the ballet. Some justifications for the exclusions/nuances:

STREETS

7: I had to combine the male and female costumes for each sin, otherwise they'd take up 14 of the slots. Besides, the costumes are supposed to complement one another. And yes, this includes the daylight and the nighttime transformations.

Raven: If you want to vote for the Raven for houses as well... well, you gotta use the option in the Streets, I guess!

HOUSES

Winter's Night: The zombies were unfortunately out because they've done those types of characters before. The Blue Light Wraiths from the finale were excluded due to their similarity with the Canyon of Dark Souls Wraiths. Hawthorn has a very specific, recognizable costume and thus gets her own spot. The Skeleton Man was excluded due to his similarity with past "blending-in" costumes. "Other spirits" refers to any other of the ghost-based characters found in the house.

Nightingales: Had to lump all stages of the Nightingales into one slot. Gas mask soldiers didn't get included since they've been done in some capacity before; ditto with the regular soldiers.

The THING: I know, I know - the costumes in here are different from the previous THING appearances. However, I was pressed for space, and felt compelled to make this call. If you really loved one of the THING costumes, feel free to write it in via a reply - there were some great ones.

Bloodngutz: Independence Day... people... were excluded due to the genericness of their costume. Peeps guy was excluded because he practically has no costume. Hay Man was excluded for the same reason as Skeleton Man. Arbor Day Girl was excluded since we've seen actresses in that sort of attire before. Pilgrim & Pocahontas were excluded due to the basicness of their costumes.

Saws'n'Steam: Almost all of the costumes here were used in or were heavily drawn from the scare zone last year.

Poe: Again, tough calls had to be made. Vulture Eye from Telltale Heart was excluded due to what many have complained to be the "plasticness" of his mask. The Raven can be voted for in the Streets category. The Pit & the Pendulum characters were fairly generic. Poe's Wife was excluded to her costume being similar to previous corpse-like women at HHN.

In-Between: Unfortunately, the demon characters had to be condensed into a single slot. Most of the masks use the same mold, though I realize there are significant differences amongst the actual costumes. I apologize for this.

Edited by Fallow

I voted Bats and Nightingales. You put Weeping Angel when it's Sorrow Angel, btw. I really liked the Sorrow Angel but it's just not original so Nightingales won.

It really doesn't matter since they're based of the Weeping Angels from Dr. Who.

I ended up voting for Lust's Minions and Zombie Lincoln. I'm sorry, I'm a history fan and seeing a Zombie Lincoln costume is just too awesome to not vote for.

EDIT: Changed my House vote to Zombie Lincoln since Feaster Bunny got nixed.

Streets... this one was VERY hard. I wanted to vote for so many things! I ended up going with the Bats from Grown Evil. I loved the detail in their masks and costumes, they were beautiful, especially the ones on stilts. The mask was cute too :)

Honorable mentions: Spade Gang (creepy masks), Acid Assault Melted Faces (disturbing), Gluttonies/Lusts/Vanities from 7, Dark Soul Wraiths from Canyon

Edited by Stumpy

House vote goes to the Feaster Bunny in Bloodengutz. That was an impressive costume! I saw multiple people try to bolt from the room, use others in their party as human shields, etc. when that thing showed up.

Streets... this one was VERY hard. I wanted to vote for so many things! I ended up going with the Bats from Grown Evil. I loved the detail in their masks and costumes, they were beautiful, especially the ones on stilts. The mask was cute too :)

Honorable mentions: Spade Gang (creepy masks), Acid Assault Melted Faces (disturbing), Gluttonies/Lusts/Vanities from 7, Dark Soul Wraiths from Canyon

The Feaster Bunny is NOT an original costume by Universal unfortunately :/ We have the same one up here at Halloween Haunt at Kings Island in the Holiday Horror House...

Edited by HHN Explorer

The Feaster Bunny is NOT an original costume by Universal unfortunately :/ We have the same one up here at Halloween Haunt at Kings Island in the Holiday Horror House...

Awww, really? That's disappointing. :( I thought it was something that they created themselves. It was certainly scary enough. Still, I'll be keeping my vote unless Fallow takes it off the list.

Awww, really? That's disappointing. :( I thought it was something that they created themselves. It was certainly scary enough. Still, I'll be keeping my vote unless Fallow takes it off the list.

Yup I was disappointed after visiting Halloween Haunt then going to HHN and through HR and noticing the same exact costume :/ I even looked it up online and it costs $500!

I had to cut it, unfortunately. If it isn't an original costume, it shouldn't be included. If I were able to add another option I'd include "The THING" costumes since they are NEW and ORIGINAL to HHN despite the THING house from 2007 and that the movie unit developed the look (A&D still had to craft them, after all).

By the way - you can call it "Sorrow Angel" if you wish, but Sorrow Angel is to Weeping Angel as Hockey Mask Killer is to Jason.

Thank you for bringing this back, Fallow. I really enjoy reading people's post in this thread.

For the streets my official vote went to the Spade Minions. Their face is expressionless, their eyes jet black, and their costume is so simple... yet so impressive. You can't forget the spade axes and stick that they had. Those looked great. I also really enjoyed 7's costumes as a whole. I was wonderful walking through the fog adoring all the colors and beautiful costumes. I though that the Dark Soul Wraith costume were quite neat. I really like how their hood illuminated their mask. Similar to the Spade Minions, their costume is so simple... yet so impressive.

For the houses my official vote goes to the the Forsaken Crew. I one thing that really makes their costume are the glowing green eyes. I'm sure it's a pain to see out of them, but they just look so amazing. I also love all the little seaweed and sea junk attached to their clothes. In addition, I really liked the Nightingales. I enjoyed the full-fledged Nightingales the best. Their mask is quite disturbing. You can't forget Holdiays of Horror, though! I truly loved going through the house and soaking in all the fun scenes, bright color, and fun costumes. My favorites of the bunch are the Zombie Lincoln and the Evil Elves. Zombie Lincoln's mask is just down-right terrifying and the Evil Elves are just so fun and quite frankly... cute.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to give it up for Lady Vanity since she gave me pretty much the creepiest picture ever.

Considered voting for the the banshees but ha....ven...t... we .... seen them before...?

Either way I say Arbor Day tree is the only thing that wins more than Charlie Sheen. I am delighted to push a button next to it.

I mean, come on, the Arbor Day tree? That costume is the greatest thing ever before you even see it!