Best time to visit the event?

Going to HHN is nothing new to me, this year is my seventh year going but i have one question. When ever i go to this event its always towards the end like the week before Halloween. This year with the Rush of Fear ticket i was thinking about going the 29th, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Is the event better during the beginning of the event or the end I.E. Crowds, scar-actors performance, etc? Any insight would be great, traveling from the northeast so need to book a flight soon. If i do not go at said dates then i am either going the weekend before Halloween or go Halloween weekend and that Monday.

Going to HHN is nothing new to me, this year is my seventh year going but i have one question. When ever i go to this event its always towards the end like the week before Halloween. This year with the Rush of Fear ticket i was thinking about going the 29th, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Is the event better during the beginning of the event or the end I.E. Crowds, scar-actors performance, etc? Any insight would be great, traveling from the northeast so need to book a flight soon. If i do not go at said dates then i am either going the weekend before Halloween or go Halloween weekend and that Monday.

Going towards the beginning of the event will ensure that you will see every part of the house still intact. There may, however, be effects that are not working or not working to their fullest. They try to have everything up and running by the event, but that doesn't always happen.

With the scareactors, we are still trying to figure out what does and doesn't work. We have a pretty good idea from employee preview, but we are still working on it during the opening weekend(s).

I think going early on isn't a bad idea.

For the last two years, I've been subscribing to the nightly wait time updates on my phone, even on the nights I wasn't attending. I wrote down all the numbers and based on what I've seen, the second weekend of HHN is the least crowded. I'm guessing that Thursday September 29th will have the some of the shortest lines this year.

For the last two years, I've been subscribing to the nightly wait time updates on my phone, even on the nights I wasn't attending. I wrote down all the numbers and based on what I've seen, the second weekend of HHN is the least crowded. I'm guessing that Thursday September 29th will have the some of the shortest lines this year.

How do you subscirbe to this? This would be extremely helpful since there's very few places where wait times are posted throughout the park.

Edited by killswitch22

Text "Tonight" to 64646. At least that was how it was done the last two years.

Early is good in terms of crowd avoidance and seeing the houses/props before they get destroyed. But it's also nice to go one more time, late in the season, if you can swing it to see how things change over the course of the event. The houses, Bill & Ted, etc. all get tweaked as the weeks go on. I love living nearby and getting to go every week so I can see the event progressing. I'll echo the fact that Halloween is usually not crowded. That should be especially true this year because of how it falls.

Opening weekend is always great because as Tman 875 stated you get to see the houses in their true form before any props get damaged...but the whole event is still in it's initial phase, all the bugs being worked out and all.

By the second or third week, everyone is more in their groove.

Halloween night is a wonderful night to be there as well! This year the holiday falls on a Monday so I can't see it being overly crowded...most people have to go to school/work the following day.

Opening weekend is always great because as Tman 875 stated you get to see the houses in their true form before any props get damaged...but the whole event is still in it's initial phase, all the bugs being worked out and all.

By the second or third week, everyone is more in their groove.

Halloween night is a wonderful night to be there as well! This year the holiday falls on a Monday so I can't see it being overly crowded...most people have to go to school/work the following day.

I'll agree with Halloween as well, if you can manage it. I went on Halloween in '09 and '10. If memory serves, '09 was really not busy, and last year was busier, but in no way over crowded at all. I'm psyched that I've been given November 1 as a vacation day at work, so Halloween should be not busy at all and totally amazing!

Interesting to think that Halloween night is not as busy as i would expect. Halloween night i would think would be busy since it is the last night and what way to celebrate halloween by going to HHN. Based on all your experience with going, i am happy that i am choosing to go in the beginning of the event. On a side note does anyone know that number to reserve for UTH tour? Is it sold out already?