HHN 2011: Scream

i love you guys ideas for ways to bring out the entrance more. especially dr.satans video at 0:36secs would be AWESOME

apparently my picture doesnt show so you'll have to copy the link :/ im not sure how to do that if a mod could address this issue it would be nice. im not use to posting pictures at all so im unfamiliar with it

I tested the link and it's bad. Have you tried looking at the side of that photo for a direct link to post the pic on the forums? That's what I did with photobucket images. If you copied it from a url when it's on an actual page, then it won't work. Hopefully that was helpful.

BTW, I copied the link to my url and it just showed links to ads. Try what I suggested.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they wanted to spruce up the front entrance some, they could always install a giant LED screen to point out toward the ticket booths almost like how Orlando does to act as an "attract mode" for the front to hype people up for what is to come. Maybe give little video presentations of situations that the guest would experience in the mazes and/or scarezones?

...I say almost because of the whole ticket booths being behind the main archway & all..

Go-gos definitely are hot this year but I am bummed they are in the front of the park. I always have liked them better in the Klownz/new york street area better. I see them more in my night that way, compared to just seeing them when I enter the park and leave the park. My favorite still is the year they covered them in blood head to toe in the Welcome to Hell SZ

I tested the link and it's bad. Have you tried looking at the side of that photo for a direct link to post the pic on the forums? That's what I did with photobucket images. If you copied it from a url when it's on an actual page, then it won't work. Hopefully that was helpful.

BTW, I copied the link to my url and it just showed links to ads. Try what I suggested.

thanks freak ill try it later when i have more time.

If they wanted to spruce up the front entrance some, they could always install a giant LED screen to point out toward the ticket booths almost like how Orlando does to act as an "attract mode" for the front to hype people up for what is to come. Maybe give little video presentations of situations that the guest would experience in the mazes and/or scarezones?

...I say almost because of the whole ticket booths being behind the main archway & all..

cool idea.

Go-gos definitely are hot this year but I am bummed they are in the front of the park. I always have liked them better in the Klownz/new york street area better. I see them more in my night that way, compared to just seeing them when I enter the park and leave the park. My favorite still is the year they covered them in blood head to toe in the Welcome to Hell SZ

true. its like as soon as you see them in front of the park when you enter you dont see them again til the end of the night

entrance lights look siiiick.

i'm liking the terror tram too. (looks like we're going around the bates motel this time instead of through that small hallway where traffic always gets backed up lol)

alice cooper facade looks great (obviously not as good as the other ones though)

wish i saw more of the thing though.

fire cannons look installed

Loving the scream lighting. :) They have to do the ghostface masks on at least the lampposts!! Even little touches like that makes for a better atmosphere.

welcome to the HNN family :) glad to have you hear with us.

The entrance looked great as far as the lighting went. Otherwise it still looks like the same old dull entrance we've had year after year with 2007 as a exception. sigh* well theres not much you can really do with it. Well if they created a whole bunch of stab props and sets that would of been nice but i know they wont be doing that. So ill just remain use to the fog, go go dancers, a statue of some sort and chainsaws.

Welcome aboard HHN3D.

I've grown to accept the entrance as a throwaway SZ, not sure why they don't do more with it, but it's the way I've always remembered it. You can't clutter it up TOO much with props on the ground because John Murdy is madly in love with his chainsaw chase out ("deadliest show on earth") and too many props would interfere with that, but I don't see why they don't put a little more effort into dressing the buildings.

Welcome aboard HHN3D.

I've grown to accept the entrance as a throwaway SZ, not sure why they don't do more with it, but it's the way I've always remembered it. You can't clutter it up TOO much with props on the ground because John Murdy is madly in love with his chainsaw chase out ("deadliest show on earth") and too many props would interfere with that, but I don't see why they don't put a little more effort into dressing the buildings.

thats all i really look forward to...descent decorations. With the opening ceremony usually taking place on new york street i skip over it anyways til the end of the night so its not a big problem for me

Unfortunately, I probably won't be seeing this SZ this year :( Since I'll be arriving early to see opening scaramonies and then attending the last showing of Bill and Ted, I'll never have a reason to venture back over there. Boo :(

honestly even with 6 mazes and a TT you'll probably finish early with enough time to stop back on by before the last show of bill and ted. since your arriving early you'll get through all the mazes with little to no wait time.

trust me i've been going opening night since 2006. I can guarantee almost you'll have free times on your hand to re-do a maze or 2 or explore through the scarezones. Well it all depends on the way you pace yourself. i usually do one thing after another with no breaks. i eat after im done with everything and re-do mazes i like best. Plus you'll be arriving early like me on opening night. it would be a different story if you came in around 9 or later.

Edited by HorrorNights93

Personally I'm fast. It's my group I'm concerned about. Not that they necessarily like to lag, they just don't understand the mechanics of working a theme park in order to get everything done so they'll often walk off to take a picture, randomly go to the bathroom or go get in line for some food item and lots of times without asking or telling someone so it's common place we accidentally lose them and they get lost and then we have to wait for them somewhere. Ofcourse they don't know the park so it takes them even longer to catch up with us while we're stalled waiting and hundreds of people are passing by, making the lines longer and longer. I wanna have an orientation before we leave to discuss these problems but I don't wanna come off as a total nerd lmao

i see your problem believe me i've done it every year. I always go with a group of 30 + and it is so hard keeping everyone together -_- usually on opening i go with a crowd thats on the same page as me and know whats going on but good luck with that lol. do you have a FFP ? cause you can always come back to try it again...if not its at the entrance lol so you can see it from outside the gates ahaha

i can tell you really like scream so i dont think this should be something you should miss. It might not be much in this SZ but it has one of the greatest things HHN has.... go go dancers :D lol just tell them you have to make a quick restroom stop or have to go to guest relations lmao. i feel your pain though ahaha its hard managing huge groups. The most people i've went with was 60 and it was constantly people getting lost it was so hectic. i always go with different groups throughout the month and i make sure i change up the experience each time

Edited by HorrorNights93