Some Major N00B Questions Up in HERRR! :p

Alright guys, this is my very first year at Horror Nights and as you may expect, I am extremely anxious/giddy. My knowledge is rather thin in a few areas, and so I was hoping that you guys could answer a few of my queries:

1) How long do the lines tend to be? I've heard various things from different people and some say that the time you spend in the lines tends to put a slight damper on the event. I don't have any problem with waiting, although my friend and brother (who are both two of the most impatient people you will EVER meet) will be attending along with me.

2) Can you buy merchandise at the event? Couldn’t really find much information on this. I really want to buy a few mementos. : )

3) How many nights do you recommend we stay in order to gain the full experience?

And finally...something that has me checking the HHN site every day:

4) When will we be updated on the new houses/scare-zones? The people in the speculation topic are bringing up some amazing ideas, and I am excited to see how many of their "predictions" come true.

Thanks to those of you who put up with my noobish ways and give me my answers. ;D

Edited by Sliced

Alright guys, this is my very first year at Horror Nights and as you may expect, I am extremely anxious/giddy. My knowledge is rather thin in a few areas, and so I was hoping that you guys could answer a few of my queries:

1) How long do the lines tend to be? I've heard various things from different people and some say that the time you spend in the lines tends to put a slight damper on the event. I don't have any problem with waiting, although my friend and brother (who are both two of the most impatient people you will EVER meet) will be attending along with me. Lines tend to differ depending on location and time of the event. Generally, the later you go the longer the lines are. It's best to go in September or early October. There are also several routes that members have planned to get you through the houses as efficiently as possible. The Jaws queue seems to have the longest line as they suffer from Bill and Ted show dumps.

2) Can you buy merchandise at the event? Couldn’t really find much information on this. I really want to buy a few mementos. : ) There is merchandise available throughout the event, everywhere you look. Some things tend to sell out towards the end of the event (shot glasses, pins, beer cups) but t-shirts are always plentiful until the last weekend.

3) How many nights do you recommend we stay in order to gain the full experience? You CAN do everything in one night. I have before on several occasions, but I'm an experienced attendee like many other members here and we tend to know exactly what to do when to make the most of the night. For a newcomer, I'd say 2 nights is plenty to do everything. If you try and jam everything into 1 night, you will not have as much fun because you will be too stressed out worrying about time. I find 2 nights is the most comfortable way to see everything if you're limited.

And finally...something that has me checking the HHN site every day:

4) When will we be updated on the new houses/scare-zones? The people in the speculation topic are bringing up some amazing ideas, and I am excited to see how many of their "predictions" come true. We usually get a full site around the last week of August. So, it SHOULD be soon.

Thanks to those of you who put up with my noobish ways and give me my answers. ;D

I hope this helps :) If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

3) How many nights do you recommend we stay in order to gain the full experience?

When the wife and I go to HHN we generally go for 2 nights that way we don't stress out trying to get into all the houses.

Tips:

1) If you going for 2 days try going on a Thursday and Friday and avoid Saturday like you life depended on it.

2) If you get there are 6:30 when the gate open access which way the crowd is going and go the opposite direction :)

Grime answered everything but yeah there is t shirts, HHN cups, blinky cups, shot glasses, pins, mostly shirts, shirts everywhere, and usually there are 2 or 3 different shirts of the event, one with the houses and one shirt showing the icon,

If you go there and you get there early, if you wait a while before HHN opens that day you can do the houses and the lines are like 5 minutes sometimes, sometimes there are no lines if you go to the back of the park first, also, sometimes some houses open later than others, there are times that 2-3 houses open half an hour after the park has opened,

the later it gets the longer the lines, some people try to get all the houses as soon as they arrive and later in the night take pics in the scarezones, or go to the shows, it depends, the Jaws queue is almost always 1 hour and a half to 2 hours or something like that,