HHN 2011: The Wolfman: Curse of Talbot Hall (HOH Overlay)

horror lover

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Youthink freak wod of been having a one man parade all over the forumss already.........lol its nice to see someone's dream come true......

............i think hes dead...........the excitement killed him D:

R.I.P Freakazoid D':

ahah kidding :P

anyway this maze will be incredible i can promise you that

DO REMEMBER this maze was shot down not ONCE but TWICE in the past two years!

Bittersweet. We finally get it... but it's thrown in the HOH. It was expected but you know... it's just frustrating.

On the PLUS SIDE, this is the most excited I've ever been for an HoH overlay!

I can't WAIT to see the Wolfman costumes/make up. And I'm REALLY curious to see what they'll do for all the other scenes and how they'll tie back into the Wolfman.

Fingers crossed on some MAJOR renovations.

OH! I think I finally get it...

It won't just be The Wolfman... it'll be everything within his mansion, changed in some way because they're all cursed with the Wolfman popping out every once and awhile. So in some odd way, it's a bit of an original spin on The Wolfman film, fit for the HoH. I guess I can boogie with that.

So we can see some cursed Chucky dolls, cursed Normans, cursed Frankenstein's and etc. And how they're cursed will all be represented in a different way, not just turning into werewolves. I actually think this is a good idea... if my idea is accurate, which I'm hoping it is.

Because if they really are just trying to shove all the themes and environments of the movie into this one venue then it's gonna be a disaster.

Edited by DTH316

Of course. The one time I don't have access to to the internet for a couple of hours and they announce this. Now I'm going to say what you all have been waiting for...

HECK YES! ITS ABOUT FREAKING TIME! :D :D :D

This year is hands-down for the books. Two properties I've been wanting for the longest time (Wolfman and Scream) PLUS the Thing and Alice Cooper AND Hostel and La Llorona about to be announced....I think the people behind this event that call the shots finally know what they're doing.

Now let me address the most obvious issue here: This being the House of Horrors overlay, I hope they just don't shove him into the Chucky room, rename the House of Horrors and call it a new maze. I hope they actually make some descent changes like DTH said. From the rumors that I heard, I think they actually will. Now of course there are some rooms that would are a natural fit for for the Wolfman like the first floor. For that, I don't think they will have to make very many changes but I hope they add some things in there so it feels like the movie.

In the very first scene, they could have it look like the graveyard from the opening sequence and have some fog and lightning effects in there with the body of Laurance's brother. Wolfie, of course, would scare you in the first scene. From there, they can make it feel like the tomb that Laurance goes through and add a shrine of his mother somewhere in there like the movie. They could have the small chair in the cave and show Lawrance transforming there as well. From there, they could transition into the Manor on the upper floor. I know this sounds like a pipe-dream here, but maybe they could work a small "facade" for Talbot Manor right before you go up the stairs. They could even add some bushes, lightning and fog to give it an outdoor feel.

I think this is the first time I've ever been excited for the House of Horrors overlay! :)

UPDATE: Murdy has confirmed that some things will be added to House of Horrors to make this work. It better be good!

I second a few of you with saying: THIS IS THE MOST EXCITED I'VE BEEN FOR THE HOH OVERLAY!!! I mean, I'm more excited for this than for HOTC or Hostel. Lol. I love the Wolfman that much!!! It does stink that he only gets HOH but hey, it's Wolfman! Can't wait!

And if they do some more theming than just throw a few wolfies in the HOH, it can be really great!!! Can't wait!!!!! :D

LOL i thought i was going nuts. When i seen the wolfman PR earlier i expected to come to these forums and see Freakazoid bouncing off the walls with this. aahaha good to see i wasnt going crazy :blink: Well Im actually excited for this maze overlay. I wouldnt want anything else to be a HoH overlay quit honestly. Its feels good to see that hollywood will be getting a version of the thing and wolfman. As far as this HoH overlay i have a feeling it might be the best and surpass chucky's. Guess well have to wait and find out. My one MAIN CONCERN for this although is the enviroments in the HoH. I cant really think of psychos mirrors or chuckys toy factor room being able to relate to the wolfman theme. And you cant do anything to change these rooms around to fit the theme. Murdy has some serious work to do if this maze is going to satisfy me

Of course. The one time I don't have access to to the internet for a couple of hours and they announce this. Now I'm going to say what you all have been waiting for...

HECK YES! ITS ABOUT FREAKING TIME! :D :D :D

This year is hands-down for the books. Two properties I've been wanting for the longest time (Wolfman and Scream) PLUS the Thing and Alice Cooper AND Hostel and La Llorona about to be announced....I think the people behind this event that call the shots finally know what they're doing.

Now let me address the most obvious issue here: This being the House of Horrors overlay, I hope they just don't shove him into the Chucky room, rename the House of Horrors and call it a new maze. I hope they actually make some descent changes like DTH said. From the rumors that I heard, I think they actually will. Now of course there are some rooms that would are a natural fit for for the Wolfman like the first floor. For that, I don't think they will have to make very many changes but I hope they add some things in there so it feels like the movie.

In the very first scene, they could have it look like the graveyard from the opening sequence and have some fog and lightning effects in there with the body of Laurance's brother. Wolfie, of course, would scare you in the first scene. From there, they can make it feel like the tomb that Laurance goes through and add a shrine of his mother somewhere in there like the movie. They could have the small chair in the cave and show Lawrance transforming there as well. From there, they could transition into the Manor on the upper floor. I know this sounds like a pipe-dream here, but maybe they could work a small "facade" for Talbot Manor right before you go up the stairs. They could even add some bushes, lightning and fog to give it an outdoor feel.

I think this is the first time I've ever been excited for the House of Horrors overlay! :)

UPDATE: Murdy has confirmed that some things will be added to House of Horrors to make this work. It better be good!

It's funny I was actually just waiting for you to go crazy freak haha. It's a good thing that it was just your internet we all thought you were dead from excitement! Ok wolfie time to put chucky and his minions to shame! Lol this maze really does have the potential to be awesome! Well with what it has to work with anyways. By the way freak it sounds like you have planed out the maze just a couple times :) lol it's ok thats how I was with scream when I thought there was a hope for a scream maze. Sigh.

Here's a post from my blog regarding my thoughts on the Wolfman maze:

AppleAreGood

As some of you have known, I have been chomping at the bit (No pun intended) for a Wolfman maze ever since 2009's event. Finally, after two years, my wish has been fulfilled to bring one of the legends of classic horror to Halloween Horror Nights in Hollywood.

The Wolfman: The Curse of Talbot Hall will be the overlay for the year-round House of Horrors attraction. Though I would have preferred that the fuzzy fellow get his own maze in a legit venue (i.e. the Shrek queue or the Wild West arena), I think it will fit very well in the House of Horrors if Murdy and his team play their cards right.

Making the theme work for House of Horrors is going to be a bit of a challenge for Murdy and his team. They won't have to worry about the graveyard and tomb scenes since they can be easily replicated from the Wolfman movie with some minor additions; however, the second floor of the attraction is going to be a bit of a challenge to make it fit. I'm curious what they're going to do with the Mummy's tomb, Chucky's doll room, the Psycho mirrors, body bag room, Frankenstein's Lab, and the slaughterhouse room.

For those of you that are worried that this maze will suck just because it's the House of Horrors overlay don't need to be afraid. It doesn't sound like they're going to pull another Vampyre here (Meaning replace the daytime cast with the overlay actors, change the name and call it a new maze without changing anything). John Murdy has said from his Twitter that some additions will be made for the House of Horrors to make the theme work. He even said that he has plans for the empty room.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for the House of Horrors overlay at any HHN event for the past two years that I have been going. I'm very much looking forward to seeing my long-awaited Wolfman maze and how they're going to pull this off in the House of Horrors and see what the costumes/make-up will look like. I anticipate this being our best overlay for House of Horrors yet!

I believe in the HOH! Consider me in the minority as a fan. Chucky's Funhouse and Vampyre got many a scares on me, even more so than some of the other mazes of their respective nights.

Im with you I loved Vampyre last year the SA's rocked this house, and Wolfman I got high hopes for, Chucky's Fun house I hated IDK why it just seemed random to me.....well Murdy got his Wolfman and Alice Cooper maze Freak got his Wolfman and DTH got his Scream, if only TrT was thios year too lol but Im excited to see wolfman pulled off.

I believe in the HOH! Consider me in the minority as a fan. Chucky's Funhouse and Vampyre got many a scares on me, even more so than some of the other mazes of their respective nights.

Oh, don't misunderstand, I love HOH as a permanent attraction. I think it's great. But it's usually underwhelming for HHN because it's the same as always. We already know the boo-holes and where the scareactors can hide so it takes some of the excitement/scares out of it. But I've got nothing but respect for the SA's who make it work (like Vampyr last year). I would just like to see more enhancements than extra SAs for the event. Here's hoping that we get it this year :)

Btw- I've been listening to Danny Elfman's Wolfman score all day in excitement for this. Cuz that's how I get down :D

I hope they add to HoH. For Chucky's funhouse and Vampyrs last year it seemed as though I was walking through the normal HoH just with different SA's. If they are adding trees and setting up an outside theme that would rock the house.

Not to be a downer, But HoH overlays NEVER work out. It always feels like they just throw characters into HoH. Prove me wrong Murdy!

ill have to disagree i think they did well with chuckys funhouse imo. vampryes ugh didnt feel it to much. And the first HoH attraction back in 2006 worked REALLY WELL but technically the HoH wasnt built before that. My MAIN concern is how they will fit wolfman into the other themed rooms. Mostly Chuckys room and psychos mirror maze. Otherwise i have high hopes for this HoH overlay to be good. Prove me right murdy lol Plus Wolfman has the longest length maze at HHN so please dont screw it up :D

• 3 weeks later...