Brutal Rock Band Concerts @ HHN

I know, people heard their are already other shows at HHN like "Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure", and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show a tribute", What about the Brutal of Brutal Rock Bands preforming at "Halloween Horror Nights?" Like Disturbed, GWAR, Rob Zombie, "Dethklok" from "Metaloclypse", "Slipknot", "Metalica", "Megadeath", "Slayer", and more. If you agree, tell me what Metal Band do you want to see at "Halloween Horror Nights"? If you disagree, thats fine.

Edited by diefordethklok

I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. At the moment the biggest stage is used for a screen and house queue and the other prime venue for putting up a stage is not only very small (something you'd put a local band on, not Slayer) is used for an added scarezone; not only would you be sacrificing a scarezone, you'd be putting one of the biggest bands in the world on a stage with the same space as my living room, if not less. You could put them in a soundstage, but you'd need to find one that's empty in the first place. And soundstages are much smaller concert venues than you'd think, especially for the crowds these bands would bring.

Speaking of crowds, look at the typical crowd for a Megadeth concert. See that almost endless wave of people stretching off into the distance? Add that to the crowds you'd be seeing on a normal HHN night. Over capacity doesn't BEGIN to describe it.

And then there's noise. If you've been to a concert for anyone, even Green River Ordnance (a Central Florida band), you'd know that you'll hear the music as soon as someone even opens the doors to the building they're playing in, and even in the bathrooms you can hear it going. A band like KoRn will be heard throughout half the park, at least. Nice way to drown out the effects and music of a scarezone.

And let's not get into the money.

Well my suggestion is to create a scarezone with like crazy fans with merch tables and possibly a meet and greet with the band. And I was also leaning toward an original band with original songs. More like a metalcore/ deathcore band too like Whitechapel, the red chord or as I lay dying. Not sure about mosh pits or crowd surfing because the show would be in the same area as the queue.

I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. At the moment the biggest stage is used for a screen and house queue and the other prime venue for putting up a stage is not only very small (something you'd put a local band on, not Slayer) is used for an added scarezone; not only would you be sacrificing a scarezone, you'd be putting one of the biggest bands in the world on a stage with the same space as my living room, if not less. You could put them in a soundstage, but you'd need to find one that's empty in the first place. And soundstages are much smaller concert venues than you'd think, especially for the crowds these bands would bring.

Speaking of crowds, look at the typical crowd for a Megadeth concert. See that almost endless wave of people stretching off into the distance? Add that to the crowds you'd be seeing on a normal HHN night. Over capacity doesn't BEGIN to describe it.

And then there's noise. If you've been to a concert for anyone, even Green River Ordnance (a Central Florida band), you'd know that you'll hear the music as soon as someone even opens the doors to the building they're playing in, and even in the bathrooms you can hear it going. A band like KoRn will be heard throughout half the park, at least. Nice way to drown out the effects and music of a scarezone.

And let's not get into the money.

So, In other wordshuh.gifsad.gif, NOISE POLLUTION? RIGHT?...dry.gif

Not to mention, Copyrighting!

Edited by diefordethklok

Not copyrighting. You'd just need to pay the band the usual fee they charge for their appearence, which is a bit..........exorbitant in the cases of most of those bands.

And noise pollution as well with the apartments they're building nearby. You'd probably hear the band before even entering the park, especially Metallica or the like. I don't know how myX was at Howl-O-Scream, but it seems like a lot of money for something that would hinder the event more than it helps. Even for an original band, you'd need to pay the members, buy the equipment, set up a stage where you could ordinarily put a scarezone, and turn down the music so it doesn't drown out nearby scarezones (imagine if Horrorwood cranked up their speakers about 10 times, then going through War of the Living Dead and Hacktion without the band drowning out everything).

There is no way universal would put out the extra money to get any of the bands mentioned. In Hollywood they had a Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper concert that was a separately ticketed event. I could see them doing something like that at the Hard Rock. Maybe having an event with a band that appeals to the Horror Night crowd like in Hollywood. I don't think they would ever have a mainstream act appear at HHN though.

Slayer, Aborted, Megadeth, Cannibal Corpse, Fantomas, KoRn, Misfits, and Ministry. Even one of those bands will make me a happy camper. :)

YES MISFITS

Honestly, I've had more fun at their shows than all of the other metal/punk/speed bands combined. Plus, with songs like "Horror Hotel", "Vampira", "Night of the Living Dead", and "Halloween" could there be a more appropriate gig at HHN??

HOWEVER

I've been to a lot of concerts of all different types of music and Alice Cooper has my heart :wub: . (like, in a jar by his bed) He is consistently the best performer I've seen and would gladly pay extra $$ at anytime to see him anywhere. Plus, I absolutely adore the man. Seeing him at HHN could conceivably kill me with joy.

Mae

Oh, and btw Land of the Dead - The Misfits

Edited by Mae

Here's something to think about: if they play at HHN, how many people will buy tickets just to see the concert? What's the risk of them selling out simply because of that?

Or, if they make it a separate ticket but still at a venue inside Universal, how will the new crowd affect the event? Will it push them to over capacity? Will people be leaving the concert to attend HHN when the concert is over and filling up the houses and scarezones?

Here's something to think about: if they play at HHN, how many people will buy tickets just to see the concert? What's the risk of them selling out simply because of that?

Or, if they make it a separate ticket but still at a venue inside Universal, how will the new crowd affect the event? Will it push them to over capacity? Will people be leaving the concert to attend HHN when the concert is over and filling up the houses and scarezones?

uuhhh... no...sad.gif

Dejavu??

I think we have discussed this in the Wishful thinking thread, about bands playing and a scarezone of fans, I even suggested a house where the band sells their soul to the devil and you see them sacrificing their fans,

anyways

A made up band, maybe, but a real band like Megadeth to play I don't think is such a good idea if it doesn't have to do with the event or a house because like Cody said, a lot of tickets would be sold out to the concert, and at the same time, I could see people complaining about the music,

I would love to see a death metal band, but if it had to do with the event or a scarezone, like HOS did, but a regular band playing a regular show is not a good idea, unless they are added to HHN, maybe a Halloween Show, or something like Gwar,

Even if you have an original band made only for the event (like Howl-O-Scream with myX), you're going to have the noise drifting over to nearby scarezones, which makes the music and sound effects of those zones pretty much useless unless you theme them all to the concert. Which also means you need backup music when the band isn't playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't overlook the idea of having a cover band. At HHN Hollywood we had a Kiss cover band (I forget the year), and the response was positive overall. The real deal bands are going to just cost too much.

Zombie cover band with the elaborate stage show would be absolutly epic. I was also thinking of the band as the years icons as well.

• 1 month later...

With the economy the way it is, and the several cutbacks they're already making, this would be a horrible idea, based on this alone. If they were to spend the money on a band like Megadeth (which isn't exactly a band on a "free admission" budget), it would severely cut into the funds needed to make the event as awesome as possible.

Edited by Mr.Borris 3000

no thanks.

I don't think you'll see that many people who attend HHN into "brutal" bands. I mean, I've worked HHN for 4 years and I don't like heavy music at all.

Alienating crowds is not something I would suggest for Universal. You may want those bands, but how would you feel if universal decided to throw Mos Def or Garth Brooks on the bill instead? You'd probably think it was terrible cause it's not a genre of music you like. It might even sway you from visiting HHN more than once (or at all.)

I'm not saying this to "prove you wrong", but to flip the coin and make you look at it from a different perspective.

I think that's why "MyX" was awful and a terrible idea. They created a certain barrier for people who may not enjoy rock.

Edited by armyofrobots