Giant's trip 10/8/10

giant4203

So I went on 10/8/10 and had a BLAST! Came with a group of friends and we were able to do everything except for the magic shows. So I'll start from the beginning

Warning: Spoilers ahead. View at your own risk.

Legendary Truth-

This was my most anticipated house and I loved it. Going into the soundstage, I made sure to walk very slow so nobody would be in front of me and by the time we got up into the house, there was nobody in front of me The effects in this house are very very cool. Loved the guy in the floor and seeing the woman fly by through the wall. Having some of the actors on rollers worked perfectly, matching with a good eprom made for some wicked effects. Not really a whole lot of scares here, but was really cool.

Scare factor: 3/5

Atmosphere: 5/5

Overall: 4/5

Hades-

Great facade walking into the mouth of Hades. Only complaint about this house was all the stuff hanging from the ceiling. Got a HUGE scare from the first Medusa, and the first Cyclops and the Minotaur rock the house! Great looking house and great scares in here. Awesome cast energy.

Scare Factor: 4/5

Atmostphere: 5/5

Overall: 4.5/5

Psychoscarepy-

I've been waiting for a good scary run through a Psychoscarepy. I mean, this was a cool house, and the opening cast had a lot of energy, but some of the scares were a bit predictable. The hand hallway was cool, but was a little to easy to spot the real ones. My friends really liked this house and got some good scares.

Scare Factor: 2/5

Overall: 3/5

We then went over to see my saw brothers come out to New Yorkshire. I am going to give a review based on the reactions of my friends.

Saws n' Steam

All my guys were ROCKING that night. Was cool to see everyone at work while not working myself. I went around telling them my friend's name and so he was tortured through the entire zone. All the guys had so much energy, and there were screams everywhere. The alley is an amazing part of the zone. The Machinists in the alley scared the hell out of my friends and were rockin! This was the unanimous favorite zone of the night.

Scare Factor: 5/5

Overall: 5/5

Zombiegeddon:

Queue video is awesome... loved the humor in here and the zombies are awesome :) didn't really get scared in here, but had a lot of fun.

Scare Factor: 3/5

Zombie Gras

Feet don't fail me now! Why all the hating of this zone? It rocks!!! The actors are great at sneaking up on people and great at the creep out scares. Person on the float is funny to watch. Very very close 2nd favorite zone

Overall 5/5

Orfanage:

Amazing ambiance in here. absolutely perfect atmosphere. The girls playing Cindy were great! Once again didn't get any scares in here, but was a good house all the same. I feel for all the actors in here because the Jaws queue is brutal to work.

Hallow'd Past:

Lots of cool stuff to look at in here....saw my old Jason costume, and was nice to see Alpha from last year (who scared the shit out of my friend with a great statue scare) was nice to see tributes to past horror nights, but wish they would have had some different choices in rooms...I'm surprised there wasn't a room based on the original Dungeon of Terror, or the original People Under the Stairs...some of those that put the event on the map. cool house though

Catacombs:

WOW! This is a tent house?!?!?! The sets in here were amazing! and the actors in here had great hiding spots. Wish it would have been a tiny bit darker, but I'm sure with it being lighter it makes it easier for the Doctors to see. Their costumes were awesome. They had great energy and scared me several times. In one of my top of all time list.

Overall 5/5

Havoc:

Could it be, another INCREDIBLE tent house which has made it into my top of all time?! My personal favorite of the event. The energy from the cast was absolutely INSANE. The cast makes this house as amazing as it is. Nothing overly fancy as far as effects go, but damn it doesn't need it. Bravo to the casts....fucking BRILLIANT

Scare Factor: 6/5

Overall: 6/5

Next up was Bill and Ted...

Okay, so I don't know what the major problem with this year's B&T was. Bad year for pop culture? Bad writing? Bad Character useage? All of the above?

Justin Bieber? Jersey Shore? really???? I was sad that this year I really felt like B&T was a waste of time :( 1/5

Fear Revealed:

Cool seeing all the icons. Just a big photo op. Wish fear was a more menacing upper body, but I know there are weight restriction on the stilts so it is what it is...looked cool though :)

Atmosphere: 4/5

20 Years of Fear:

Once again, nice blast from the past. Was nice seeing my friend Mr Wolf in action, and seeing Alpha out there lurking. Chucky came in for a great scare attempt but I saw him too early...if I hadn't looked that way he woulda gotten me good :)

Esqueleto Muerte:

Awesome looking zone, not much energy from what I saw. Creepy. Costumes looked amazing in the black light.

The Coven:

Saw on of the witches in a hut send a guy screaming and running all the way to Fear Revealed. Laughed my ass off at that. Great cast. Great atmosphere.

Overall event score: 90/100 Has some flaws but is a great year. Everything is solid aside from Bill and Ted :)

• 2 weeks later...

i dont get how everyone says B&T sucked, it was a pretty good show, not there best, but it certainly wasn't a waste of time.

Yeah my main problem was the references they used...I mean Twilight has been done before (though bringing in the count was pretty much genius,,,I will give them that)...jersey shore and justin bieber are incredibly annoying even if they are being parodied...nothing against the actors because they played these parts well, but they were just the same joke over and over and over. Bad year for pop culture references...I was spoiled in 2005 with such an amazing show and it hasn't been nearly as good since then LOL