Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

JackLover

Spoiler Alert

Does anyone think they could have done so much more with The Doctor? I think that's the only real thing that disappointed me with this show, is that they had some pretty cool characters that they could have used on a much larger scale. I mean, The Doctor is a time traveler just like Bill and Ted, I'm sure he could've helped them gather some pop culture characters!

Edited by Vince

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoiler Alert

Does anyone think they could have done so much more with The Doctor? I think that's the only real thing that disappointed me with this show, is that they had some pretty cool characters that they could have used on a much larger scale. I mean, The Doctor is a time traveler just like Bill and Ted, I'm sure he could've helped them gather some pop culture characters!

Totally,

Ok the beginning of the show with the screen was pretty nice, the montage video was really awesome,

Actually the montage video is better than the show itself,

When I saw the video I kept thinking I wonder if we are going to see any of them, and when Dr. Who showed up I was like, ok we might, but I really don't know what happened but Bill and Ted could have been saved by a lot of 90's and 80's characters, Specially since they called it the summer of sh*t, I was expecting for old characters to remind us of good times, like When Bill and Ted said "we're vintage"

in the show and the end of the show should have been old characters defeating the crappy characters of 2010, I would have even accept Austin powers for god's sake, so many missed opportunities, But yeah Dr. Who should have been one of the main characters

Edited by black7mask

This years show wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No doubt last year's was better though. Loved the incorporation of the Dooneese character from snl. The finale lacked compared to the last couple of years and seemed like less effort was put into this years in my opinion

Edited by killswitch22

So far it seems to be You, Rob, Jordan (Nightshade), Wes, Aaron and myself who enjoyed/didn't hate the show this year.

As someone said, I'm in the "fun" stage of the show too now. Rough start and I know I blasted it at first, but it has come a long way. I thoroughly enjoy it now very much. I have a lot of fun at each show I attend, get really into it, stand up and cheer, rock out with the guys...good times. PJ and Jason are a great pair.

Well I've seen Bill and Ted 6 times this year and the show last night at 9:15 was the worst showing that I've seen this year. For one they had someone else playing the villain, he just seemed to rush all the lines to get them done with. They also completely cut out the Iron Man scene...

I also noticed that the steam that covers the booth when it moves wasn't working right, so you could see the booth move in and out. There was also a huge amount of smoke that covered almost the whole stage when the A-Team van came out.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!!!

although i'm not sure why you'd be in this thread if you didn't want to spoil it...

i was INCREDIBLY disappointed with only a short cameo by Lindsay Lohan... as well as Gaga...

they are the pop icons of 2010 (good or bad).

i also thought the dance sequence at the end was HORRIBLE... but i also own a hip-hop theater company, so maybe i am too biased. i thought the choice to bring in a Katy Perry song that NO ONE KNOWS AAAFFFTTTEEERRR a Gaga song was an idiotic choice.

i felt like the acting was pretty good... and although it was lacking the certain "spark" that B&T normally has, i do think the joke writing was good, but the writing concept was poor.

but i'm not going to B&T scouting new talent to win the next Tony Award either.

Well I've seen Bill and Ted 6 times this year and the show last night at 9:15 was the worst showing that I've seen this year. For one they had someone else playing the villain, he just seemed to rush all the lines to get them done with. They also completely cut out the Iron Man scene...I also noticed that the steam that covers the booth when it moves wasn't working right, so you could see the booth move in and out. There was also a huge amount of smoke that covered almost the whole stage when the A-Team van came out.

I was there and I agree. I did think the show was not as bad as stated by some of the reviews I've read on this thread. However, what you posted makes a lot of sense. I felt like it could have been a better experience. You pointed out faults I tried to ignore during the show, but are right on.... and there was an IronMan scene???

Also, the crowd that showing SUCKED. The guy who played avatar (air bender) spent the entire finale (when the characters are amongst the audience) trying to get the poeple in front of us to clap along. This probably affected the actors too on top of everything else.

Apparently, it's a Kristin Wiig character from SNL, which makes sense since she was in MacGruber

Then what's with the barbie hands??

I was there and I agree. I did think the show was not as bad as stated by some of the reviews I've read on this thread. However, what you posted makes a lot of sense. I felt like it could have been a better experience. You pointed out faults I tried to ignore during the show, but are right on.... and there was an IronMan scene???

Also, the crowd that showing SUCKED. The guy who played avatar (air bender) spent the entire finale (when the characters are amongst the audience) trying to get the poeple in front of us to clap along. This probably affected the actors too on top of everything else.

Then what's with the barbie hands??

I know that most people don't like the show at all this year, but really I don't think it's all that bad. Sure it's not as good as last years show but it's not a complete failure. I just noticed a lot of things that night since I've seen the show quite a few times this year. It was mostly just technical issues, I saw it again yesterday and everything seemed to be back in place. I guess we just really got unlucky with that one showing.

Yes.

It was bad. But nowhere near as bad as everyone's putting it out to be. Sure, it wasn't the best ever, but it certainly wasn't the worst ever (*cough* *cough* 07 *cough).

And in regards to those considering bypassing it,

I reccomend seeing it. It was pretty bad, but if you're looking for a break from the scares, I'd put this above Brian Brushwood ANY day.

Now I understand the Barbie hands and the bubbles. Thanks.

and Luke, I was agreeing that the show is not as bad as others have stated but did notice the weaknesses. Maybe it was that one show, but its my only B&T experience this year. I think the biggest weakness was the crowd that showing. Like being the only fan at a game. no one was laughing or clapping or cheering with you...

Personally, I did not think this was the best B&T show ever, but it was not the worst either! I missed some of the humor and had to have it explained to me...Guess I am getting old!

I still am confused about a couple of things, what does the Oil Covered Seagull say in the beginning on the video? Also, I tried looking up Dr. Who and don't understand what he was doing and what made him funny?

Also what is a GILF (Dr. Evil says it about Betty White)?

Hey, hopefully someone can get back to me on this!

I want to audition for Bill and Ted next year because I'll be 18. But the thing is, I wont be turning 18 until October 8th.

Could I still do it?

No, you have to be 18 at the time of the audition.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!!!

although i'm not sure why you'd be in this thread if you didn't want to spoil it...

i was INCREDIBLY disappointed with only a short cameo by Lindsay Lohan... as well as Gaga...

they are the pop icons of 2010 (good or bad).

i also thought the dance sequence at the end was HORRIBLE... but i also own a hip-hop theater company, so maybe i am too biased. i thought the choice to bring in a Katy Perry song that NO ONE KNOWS AAAFFFTTTEEERRR a Gaga song was an idiotic choice.

i felt like the acting was pretty good... and although it was lacking the certain "spark" that B&T normally has, i do think the joke writing was good, but the writing concept was poor.

but i'm not going to B&T scouting new talent to win the next Tony Award either.

Whoa whoa....that "Katy Perry song that NO ONE KNOWS" is a huge top ten hit and has dominated the airwaves for months now so I think you're a little disillusioned. And screw Lohan, GaGa yes I think we should have had more, maybe...but Lohan is pure shit. She doesn't deserve any more time of day. We've already seen her three years ago drunk and stupid as she always is. Ok we get the picture.

I've heard that they're not allowing any video, but surely someone must have managed it. I can't afford to go this year and very much want to see the Doctor Who portions especially. If anyone has filmed anything, can you please message me and let me know? I'm really wanting to see this bit. :(

Edited by MoiBelle

They are attacking anybody that video tapes. This is the most aggressive I've ever seen them on videotaping and photography. So good luck finding anybody with video it's going to be difficult.

Thanks, JusDu. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

This really sucks for those of us who can't afford to make it. If they were going to make a video and sell it, I guess I could understand that, but they never do. They're getting kind of ridiculous about this sort of thing.

We have a huge request for our HNN brothers and sisters out there. If anyone knows how to get in touch with any of the actors from Bill and Ted's who played characters from the movie Twilight could you please let us know? They made the last night of our Horror Nights trip the most memorable night at the event we've ever had, and we would really like them to give them our sincere thanks.

If any of our HNN folks would be so kind as to send us a Private Message if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks you guys are the best,

Prom

Edited by Prometheus

Thanks, JusDu. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

This really sucks for those of us who can't afford to make it. If they were going to make a video and sell it, I guess I could understand that, but they never do. They're getting kind of ridiculous about this sort of thing.

It's a massive legal issue. They have to walk a razor-fine line yearly with how the characters are pop-culture characters are used. Even though it's a parody, if the behavior is too close to the real thing lawsuits can be levied. It's a yearly threat, which is why Universal doesn't mess around with it. They don't really want the specifics of what happens on that stage to get too public.

It's a massive legal issue. They have to walk a razor-fine line yearly with how the characters are pop-culture characters are used. Even though it's a parody, if the behavior is too close to the real thing lawsuits can be levied. It's a yearly threat, which is why Universal doesn't mess around with it. They don't really want the specifics of what happens on that stage to get too public.

Then why do they let them record in hollywood?

And if you say they were sneaky with the camera's then screw you.