Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

JackLover

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just saw the Hollywood Bill and Ted on YouTube and it honestly is 100 times better then ours. They should just get rid of ours and use Hollywood's version. The show is written and audio is all recored already so they'd just have to train the actors.

uhhh...link plz??? I can't find it on youtube. thnx!

I just saw it too, it's great in comparison to the one here. What the hell... I guess with the budget spent on all the houses and scarezones they had to make cuts somewhere. :(

Budget? Good jokes don't cost more to write than bad ones. And there's nothing wrong with the show's production values, beyond having an uninspired set. Budget is irrelevant.

I still don't see what's so bad about it. Out of the 10 B&T shows I've seen, I'd rank this one no lower than 5th. It's pretty par for the course imo. It certainly isn't laugh a minute, but B&T never is.

Because I won't be at the event until the 20th, I'ce skimmed past the spoilers and just read the 'it sucked' comments :(

It's a shame because for me, Bill and Ted is a huge part of HHN... back in 97 when I was too scared to go in houses, the show was my favourite part, even if most of the humour went over my head. I make a point of catching the show every night I go now. So to hear almost universally rotten things about it saddens me.

On the one hand, I have enjoyed the last few years, so maybe it'll be funny to me... and at least I'll be going in with low expectations, so they could easily be met.

Or, the show could suck so bad it puts me off saving up for another year to visit in 2011.

Because I won't be at the event until the 20th, I'ce skimmed past the spoilers and just read the 'it sucked' comments :(

It's a shame because for me, Bill and Ted is a huge part of HHN... back in 97 when I was too scared to go in houses, the show was my favourite part, even if most of the humour went over my head. I make a point of catching the show every night I go now. So to hear almost universally rotten things about it saddens me.

On the one hand, I have enjoyed the last few years, so maybe it'll be funny to me... and at least I'll be going in with low expectations, so they could easily be met.

Or, the show could suck so bad it puts me off saving up for another year to visit in 2011.

Still catch it at least once, its worth one viewing. More than likely we will see big changes this week, IF they're smart...I HOPE they read these boards, I know they have in the past but get a hint Uni.

they'd just have to train the actors.

Haha, first of all, the cast is not a bunch of circus animals, 2nd..do you know how hard it is to completely erase a performance from your head and move on to another one and thirdly how long it takes to memorize all of the new material, dances and choreography? Alot more than a month :P

Haha, first of all, the cast is not a bunch of circus animals, 2nd..do you know how hard it is to completely erase a performance from your head and move on to another one and thirdly how long it takes to memorize all of the new material, dances and choreography? Alot more than a month :P

Yeah preach it! I don't think they'll be changing any dancing, that wasn't my issue with the show.

Well trained actors can do these things overnight, and I've done something similar in less than 12 hours. Hell, that's the normal routine for Broadway when they're in previews. Show at night, new script after the curtain goes down, rehearsal that next morning, repeat. It's grueling, but it's the life. They could easily put through a major rewrite in a week.

Well trained actors can do these things overnight, and I've done something similar in less than 12 hours. Hell, that's the normal routine for Broadway when they're in previews. Show at night, new script after the curtain goes down, rehearsal that next morning, repeat. It's grueling, but it's the life. They could easily put through a major rewrite in a week.

I guess I'm thinking like a filmmaker then...

Yeah I hear you, I'm not a huge fan of this show, But I really liked it in 08, to me it was really awesome. I will check it once, maybe tomorrow,

and about Making it a point to catch the show every night you go, Yeah I did that with Rocky horror picture show, I'm really sad they took it out because I would do it every night.

Edited by black7mask

So has anybody seen the supposedly improved B & T yet? Or is it the same crap?

They have made some improvements tonight. The doctor has a much longer part now, they've also added more jokes and a few extra things. It's still not the best but it's getting better.

Ok, I went to see the show today, and, yeah it is really bad, well, The actors were good and the dance routine was really nice, The problem with the show I see is that it feels very boring and awkward, but that is because of the subject they chose, most of the show, also the celebrity jokes they chose felt really awkward and dated, I mean, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, kinda old subjects, I was also expecting more jokes on movies but they were just a few, I was looking at the audience around me and just a few people were laughing, another thing is that some parts of the show felt so weird it almost felt like an Improv show, which of course it isn't but it felt like the actors were winging it as they went along, I know the actors were trying hard to do their parts, is the show itself, the jokes were kinda bad and the characters they chose were kind of weird choices, the show didnt feel as alive and full of energy as it did in the past

(I think the only thing I liked was the Toy story joke because of a certain something from the HHN past)

Edited by black7mask

Ok, I went to see the show today, and, yeah it is really bad, well, The actors were good and the dance routine was really nice, The problem with the show I see is that it feels very boring and awkward, but that is because of the subject they chose, most of the show, also the celebrity jokes they chose felt really awkward and dated, I mean, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, kinda old subjects, I was also expecting more jokes on movies but they were just a few, I was looking at the audience around me and just a few people were laughing, another thing is that some parts of the show felt so weird it almost felt like an Improv show, which of course it isn't but it felt like the actors were winging it as they went along, I know the actors were trying hard to do their parts, is the show itself, the jokes were kinda bad and the characters they chose were kind of weird choices, the show didnt feel as alive and full of energy as it did in the past

(I think the only thing I liked was the Toy story joke because of a certain something from the HHN past)

Guess that settles it then. Hollywood Bill and Ted for me only.

The actors are very good in the show. Its just that the jokes and scenes used kinda sucks. The Macgruber scene was just plain annoying and like Blackmask said, tom cruise is quite dated. We had pleanty of movie characters they could have used this year other then him.

I think everyone should try to see it at least once. As we've seen, the show is definitely improving. It's hardly like EP any more, where half the show was just dead silence from the crowd. And even last week they were laughing for most of it.

I'll agree that it's not the best, but don't draw conclusions until you see it. The general public doesn't have many problems with it. Maybe it's just that our expectations are WAY higher than everyone else's?

I'm confused about one part of the show. At the beginning, when the electronic voice stated that there is to be no flash photography or videotaping or else you know what happens, they roll a clip of a black guy singing. Can somebody please explain the backstory on that one? Thank you.

I'm confused about one part of the show. At the beginning, when the electronic voice stated that there is to be no flash photography or videotaping or else you know what happens, they roll a clip of a black guy singing. Can somebody please explain the backstory on that one? Thank you.

It is in reference to

video, which was then turned into a song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw.

**Tharrr be spoilers matey** Maybe it's just me, I don't go in to B&T expecting Get Him to the Greek v.2.0. Personally, I got a few laughs out of it and that was fine. I expect some scantily clad women (insert men here for the ladies) dancing about, some crude jokes, and some time off my feet. I don't think I've enjoyed the show the same since the 06' personally, but in 06 I was also an HHN virgin and had no idea what I was about to watch. The show thrives off of pop culture, which is basically garbage. The show hit some of the larger topics that happened this year and did fine (garbage in-garbage out). Sure they could have had the situation do a few more fist pumps, replaced Tom Cruise with Russell Brand? Mel Gibson with Tiger Woods? Doubt it would have made the show "better".

This year there were a ton of nuances and overtones hinting goodbye to Mike. Between the B&T montage at the beginning, the corporate "dick" taking over the show and bringing in pop sensations we could care less about, to the music choices at the end of the show. I mean really, Living on a Prayer? "Got to hold on to what we've got, doesn't make a difference if we make it or not, we've got each other and that's a lot", and according to Dr Who fanatics they used the 10th doctor, which they're on the 11th doctor currently, the 10th doctor was only in the show in 2010 briefly and his last words were "I don't want to go."

When I was wandering the park last weekend a couple of people over heard us talking about the show, and most of them gave me a "dude B&T was awesome wtf are you smoking" response. So it seems most of the GP likes it. Maybe it's just us. *shrug*

I think everyone should try to see it at least once. As we've seen, the show is definitely improving. It's hardly like EP any more, where half the show was just dead silence from the crowd. And even last week they were laughing for most of it.

I'll agree that it's not the best, but don't draw conclusions until you see it. The general public doesn't have many problems with it. Maybe it's just that our expectations are WAY higher than everyone else's?

Although not the greatest B&T show of all time, this was rather enjoyable to me and I am bit surprised that it appears to be the worst reviewed B&T ever... among HHN fanatics. As Jacob and Cody point out above however after seeing this show on opening night and again last night, the regular audience of average everyday people who don't obsess over every nuance of HHN year round online, these ordinary general public folks LOVE this show.

They cheer, they laugh, they shout and sing along.

Maybe the show is for them and not us?

Then again I saw the opening show on opening night with a very harsh critic, The EyeOfHorus who utterly hated last year's show... and he thought this year's show was the best one in years. With us was Nightshade who also enjoyed the show.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy