Brian Brushwood: Menace and Malice

JackLover

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brian, thanks again for being an incredible host on Sunday, wish I could've ended up joining you guys out for food, but there was just SO much to be done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chemowasabi/sets/72157625153418414/

Is where the photos are going to end up, which....is going to appear as a slideshow, but you should be able to click it and it'll open up the actual flickr account page. There's over 200 in my editing box right now from the shows for me to sort through, edit, etc, so give me a couple days to get it all sorted out (By Night, Evil Zombie...by Day....SCARY ASS INSURANCE SALESMAN!!!!!! ahhhhhhh...anyways) so I don't have amuch time as i wish to get them just processed fast.

(will also put a note on twitter..)

I've had the opportunity to see each show once this year so far, and plan on doing so a few more times as I return to the event. I enjoyed both, but especially Menace. When I saw Malice the screen was having technical problems so he had to scrap the Cell phone trick, but hopefully this weekend it will be working.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

When I saw Malice the screen was having technical problems so he had to scrap the Cell phone trick, but hopefully this weekend it will be working.

Unless the projector is still having problems, I was at that Malice show as well. It was too bad, because a few of Brian's tricks in that show are of the close-up variety.

EDIT: I may be mistaken, but I believe it is actually the Menace show that ends with the cell-phone trick/had the projector problems.

Edited by BruinsFan

Unless the projector is still having problems, I was at that Malice show as well. It was too bad, because a few of Brian's tricks in that show are of the close-up variety.

EDIT: I may be mistaken, but I believe it is actually the Menace show that ends with the cell-phone trick/had the projector problems.

Menace is the one with the cell phone trick. Malice ends with the bed.

The current photo book that I have posted is Malice, ends with the Straight jacket....at least it did Sunday. Hell for all I know it could get mixed around. Will have Menace up....By Saturday night. Sleep now.

You're right Chemo. Just couldn't remember if it was the bed or the jacket at the time of my post. Thanks for the catch.

My once a year visit to HHN was this passed Friday and I was, unfortunately, only able to see one of Brian's shows (last of the night). When you are in a group, it can be tough to govern the direction you walk.

My cousin and I are huge fans and he was picked to go up and perform the card-out-of-your-stomach trick during Malice. Great trick, great show, great time...and my wife is dying to get a Mr. Happy Pants shirt. I even got to enjoy meeting Brian after the show. My hat's off to yor, sir, you are a great performer.

• 3 weeks later...

My once a year visit to HHN was this passed Friday and I was, unfortunately, only able to see one of Brian's shows (last of the night). When you are in a group, it can be tough to govern the direction you walk.

My cousin and I are huge fans and he was picked to go up and perform the card-out-of-your-stomach trick during Malice. Great trick, great show, great time...and my wife is dying to get a Mr. Happy Pants shirt. I even got to enjoy meeting Brian after the show. My hat's off to yor, sir, you are a great performer.

It sounds like you must have seen Menace then.

Brian, if you are still reading this thread, it was nice meeting you!

I came up to you on Thursday after Malice and said I was a big fan of NSFW and Weird Things (and mentioned something about Brodyquest too :P)

I also stopped by to say hi really fast on Halloween when I saw nobody else in front of the Beetlejuice theater.

I hope to see you back again next year, hopefully with a few new tricks up your sleeve. Some people may complain if the show is not 100% new, but I don't mind bringing back some aspects of the show year to year. When it comes to magic shows, it's not what trick is performed that matters, it's how the magician puts on the show. There are some magicians who can make any trick entertaining, even if you already know the secret.

If I can give some constructive criticism though, I would have preferred to see one longer show instead of two shorter shows.

To those of you who went several nights and didn't even see either show...you missed out!

Edited by Jumboshrmp

• Mark M. changed the title to Brian Brushwood: Menace and Malice