Terror Tram: Chucky's Revenge Reviews

DTH316

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insult Emporium isnt utilized, its just a big prop. Even though this is the worst TT since.... well ever! I LOVE Chucky's doll army, Not only do they look amazing! But they def have a CDT vibe going with the synchronization and drill team bit.

BTW when walking past the Psycho house, right when passing it heading into WOTW look @ the side of the house to see Chucky killing someone.

Wow harsh. Well not to make any excuses, if we didn't get the job done I guess all we can do is try harder, but for those of you that went Saturday TT was very low on scareactors. Yes the insult emporium is supposed to run however half the Chuckies were out sick so they had to abandon it in favor of scares. At least 17 of the Army were out sick cutting my area (tram reload) down by half. And several of our saws were reassigned to the entrance. And of course a bunch of people just plain quit. So hopefully on your next visit we will be at full strength and more on the ball.

As for the sheet maze, I just don't see the attraction. I thought it was some kind of joke when I saw it as a guest the first time. I made one of these when I was 10 and quickly moved passed it to a solid wall maze. But I guess if it is missed that much Im sure it will be back. Its still there but would require more actors obviously.

Wow harsh. Well not to make any excuses, if we didn't get the job done I guess all we can do is try harder, but for those of you that went Saturday TT was very low on scareactors. Yes the insult emporium is supposed to run however half the Chuckies were out sick so they had to abandon it in favor of scares. At least 17 of the Army were out sick cutting my area (tram reload) down by half. And several of our saws were reassigned to the entrance. And of course a bunch of people just plain quit. So hopefully on your next visit we will be at full strength and more on the ball.

As for the sheet maze, I just don't see the attraction. I thought it was some kind of joke when I saw it as a guest the first time. I made one of these when I was 10 and quickly moved passed it to a solid wall maze. But I guess if it is missed that much Im sure it will be back. Its still there but would require more actors obviously.

well I like it at least because it makes the TT a little bit longer

Well let's not forget why sheet maze was created - for TCM. Where it made sense perfectly to be sheets (Although it was recreated in the maze). For Halloween, it was less sheets and put Michael Myers into a labyrinth where it's just you and him, and you have to find your way out instead of walking from one set to another. I like it :)

All right, terror tram. Here we go. This year's version of Halloween Horror Nights signature attraction the Terror Tram seemed to have promise. Chucky is a likable serial killer, Psycho is a horror classic and one of my favorite films of all time. La llorona seemed to be original and exciting, and there were promises of an extended trail early in the year. While the extended trail didn't come to pass due to budgetary constrictions, I still felt this would be a good Terror Tram. Was it good? Well... the video on the tram was very enjoyable, both to and from the trail. Not sure why they had Chucky dancing before the tram, but whatever. I really liked the idea that Chucky burnt down the backlot and that there was a Psycho 50th anniversary party. Everything seemed to be in place for another great Tram. But once it was over I felt something was... missing. And I dont just mean one of my favorite elements of previous years, the sheet maze.

I went on Saturday and I have heard that much of the cast called in sick, but still accounting for this the Tram was still lacking something. I feel it can be best summarized as a lack of something I hadn't seen before. A sense of repetition crept in as I passed Whoville, the bates motel, the dirt trail, the bates house and the war of the worlds set. It didn't help that La Llorona seemed to be a missed opportunity to me, as I only saw one on my trip and she didn't do anything. But I did love the detail of her section. The Psycho part was cool but I did miss the normal Norman Bates in front of the house and felt the motel was just like last years but without the strangers and other slashers. Chucky's army was pretty cool and I did like that they were armed with weapons and pointed the guns at you. A small thing, but I liked it. The fire was also a neat effect, if a little pointless. The rest of the War of the Worlds set was completely average. Having stilt monsters at this section was a cool idea, but I think there was around 3 of them which was overkill, in my opinion.

Overall, this Tram was adequate, which is a huge step down from previous years when I consistently believed it to be the best thing at the event. But don't despair quite yet. It's probable it will get better before the end of the event, and there is always next year. There is huge potential here and Murdy just needs to learn how to tap into it in a way that gives us something new and surprising every year.

C -

Also, I encountered my first troll of the night on the tram. A teen about 3 rows ahead of me on the tram yelled out "THIS TOUR IS BORING!" about 2 minutes into the trip down to the trail. Just sad.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

One thing I dont understand Is why they always repeat things from one area in the park and on the tram. We have LL on western street and again on TT. The western street area seems superfluous. The Killer Doll Army belongs to Chucky, but the guest make it to my area they have seen about 50 of us. I would really love to see werewolves in the woods area. Both Wolfman and feral Werewolf in London types. Imagine a giant feral wolf crouching on four legs in the bushes waiting to pounce as guest walk by then retreating back into the wood. Just add slider glove type claws to thrash the dirt trail and make noise on the trees. A few ghillie suits and some half turned wolves, you would hardly need any set dressing. Im first in line if they are casting for that.

Skyline! Yes. But no there was no such trailer. And while the True Hollywood Story aspect of the TT videos was fun, the "Chucky dancing" clips were just ridiculous!

I have no idea what they were going for with that. I get it, Chucky isn't scary. He makes jokes, he is a fucking doll. But him dancing was a little much. From what I saw of the queue video, it was tolerable.

I'm going back at least 1 more time before the end of this year, and I hope the terror tram is vastly improved.

My friend saw the tiny chucky scare actor and he went to ask him for a hug and got flipped off. It was awesome.

Highlight of the Terror Tram last night: Some blonde chick got scared off by Chucky's Doll Army, so instead of running past them, she went backwards into the path of our Tram. The driver had to slam on the brakes and the personnel there had to chase her down.

Stupid people like that that ruin everything for the rest of us.

My friend saw the tiny chucky scare actor and he went to ask him for a hug and got flipped off. It was awesome.

Highlight of the Terror Tram last night: Some blonde chick got scared off by Chucky's Doll Army, so instead of running past them, she went backwards into the path of our Tram. The driver had to slam on the brakes and the personnel there had to chase her down.

Stupid people like that that ruin everything for the rest of us.

Thats why I love HHNH, Chucky flipping people off, where else are you gonna get that?!

And selfish as this sounds, that incident could have caused us to go on another hiatus. What an idiot!

People these days=true horror

nowreview

I loved this years terror tram. Absolutely loved the video, credit due to Murdy fore creating it. Only problem I had this year was that I felt it was too short. Don't know why but it felt shorter than the other years. My favorite part as always is when the chainsaw brigade is just there waiting for you to get off the tram, then they all start there chainsaws at once!!!!

Grade:A-/B+