• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed it, but that being said it was the worse Terror Tram yet

Pros

-Chucky's Army, loved how they would stand and wait for the Tram

-the added Camo and Bush people they had along the trail

-Better crowd control the first time I ever went that it didnt get Cluster F'ed at War of the Worlds

-The La Llerona area was creepy

-The Backstory/Chucky burning down the backlot was too funny

Cons

-WAY too short

-Bates Motel seems way too repative

-Why put Chucky's insult emporium if theres no point in it being there

-lack of Scare actors

-The Sheet Maze being gone

-I have noooooo idea what was going on with War of the Worlds set

-to have this TT after last years epic one way too much let down

-The Damn Chucky Rap why? just Why?

and the biggest con and im sure DTH got my back on this............it has nothing to do with the backstory of the event It bugged the hell out of me the whole time

that being said I did enjoy but not as much as the past incarnations so sorry I have to give it a D-

Man, I'm holding out hope there will be more scareactors on the 28th....my room mate is going for the first time ever and I don't want it to suck.

Sorry, my friend. It has consistently sucked since opening. May advice is to skip it and do your favorite house again. For what it's worth.

I think first timers love it. We're just use to it by now. I still love Terror Tram though, even last year. Hopefully my feelings don't change this year when I go the 28th as well :)

I agree that it would still be cool for first timers. But for the rest of us? It's exactly the same as it has been for the past 3 years.

(That Chucky rap has GOT. TO. GO.)

Bleh, the rain last night forced the good parts of TT to be closed down. Understood though, I heard there was over an inch of mud.

Also, I heard from Havoc that the people who are complaining about the noise are actually wealthy people who live in the mountain area right next to Universal. Universal Hills is the name of their community, I think. You can actually see some of the houses from the Terror Tram.

Really though, these people can't soundproof their home? I mean.. you DO live next to a theme park!

Also, Hobbz, did you find me last night? I no longer have my afro. Instead, I had black hair down and two high pigtails. I was probably also wearing devil horns. I was shouting your name last night and people thought it was a codeword, hehe~

On a side note, I had a great scare in the TT. The fenced area just before the Bates motel was where it happened. One of the killer dolls was doing a "come here" motion to me like he wanted to tell me something. I lean in, and ANOTHER Killer doll pops out screaming at me from the fence!

They got me good, everyone, including the dolls, were laughing at me. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

i honestly liked the terror tram! now if i had gone on it previous years it sounds like things would be different! but i mean how am i supposed to say i hated the terror tram? it was chucky for christs sakes! lol the guy behind the fence scared the crap out of me...3 times...IN A ROW! everybody was laughing at me so that was a little bit embarassing but whatever lol i do like how there was alot of normans/mothers, and they were really good at their roles. the only thing is it felt like it was reallllllly short. and i wish there was more lighting la llorona's part right before the giant hill cause i could not see anything. but the music was creepy! the la llorona scare in the little shack thing right at the top of the hill was cool! she scared me! (if you guys have noticed by now...i get scared really easily...lol) and i actually got that recorded along with alot of other stuff. when i get all my video's on youtube i will make sure to post them. but overall i really liked the terror tram, not as scary and long as i thought it was gonna be but still pretty cool. i mean when else do you get to walk by the bates motel and up to the physco house?

Overall Rating: 9.5/10

Times Visited: 2

Glad you enjoyed the Terror Tram. Sounds like a lot of the HHN fans are getting too spoiled with the fact that they're walking next to the FLIPPING PSYCHO HOUSE. C'mon, that never gets old. Hopefully you're like me and enjoy the hell out of the Terror Tram 4 years from now, as I will still be for 8 years.

And I'm still mind boggled by people saying it's not long enough lmao it takes like, what, a good 15 minutes to walk through. That's an AMAZING length if ya ask me. It covers more ground than all of the mazes combined.

Yes, it is VERY COOL to walk through the Bates Motel and next to the Psycho House. That is awesome and the highlight of the experience.

I know I wasn't thrilled with the TT this year because it was exactly the same as it's been the past 3 years. It's just kind of stale. For people who are doing it for the first time, I'm sure it's still fun.

I think the length of the actual experience is just fine. But the time it takes to wait for the tram, ride out to the backlot, walk through, ride back, stop in the dumb Mummy tunnel... it ends up eating a lot of time. Much more time than it's worth, if you ask me.

Just sharing why a lot of us were disappointed in it this year.

It also felt a lot shorter this year because the Ops folks got way more aggressive about "Keep it moving! Don't stop!" It was very disappointing to be rushed through like that and it also detracted from the experience, not to mention how it ruins the immersion factor.

It also felt a lot shorter this year because the Ops folks got way more aggressive about "Keep it moving! Don't stop!" It was very disappointing to be rushed through like that and it also detracted from the experience, not to mention how it ruins the immersion factor.

yeahh i had alot of people telling me to keep moving when i was running from the scareactors!! seriously?! C'mon now people! cant get much quicker than that! well it could cause im not a fast runner, but you guys get my point!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it is VERY COOL to walk through the Bates Motel and next to the Psycho House. That is awesome and the highlight of the experience.

I know I wasn't thrilled with the TT this year because it was exactly the same as it's been the past 3 years. It's just kind of stale. For people who are doing it for the first time, I'm sure it's still fun.

I think the length of the actual experience is just fine. But the time it takes to wait for the tram, ride out to the backlot, walk through, ride back, stop in the dumb Mummy tunnel... it ends up eating a lot of time. Much more time than it's worth, if you ask me.

Just sharing why a lot of us were disappointed in it this year.

So whats the ratio of first time visitors and returning fans? Walking through Bates/Psycho and War of the Worlds sets is still cool and a rare opportunity. I'm not sure what would be better if the location of the TT walk was changed and if the location/sets would be as unique, memorable, and have the same movie connection that Psycho & WotW had for new and returning visitors.

So whats the ratio of first time visitors and returning fans? Walking through Bates/Psycho and War of the Worlds sets is still cool and a rare opportunity. I'm not sure what would be better if the location of the TT walk was changed and if the location/sets would be as unique, memorable, and have the same movie connection that Psycho & WotW had for new and returning visitors.

That's a good question, and I'm not really sure how many are new visitors. If we get more of the same next year, I'm happy to skip the tram all together and let it eat up the crowds while I do the houses.

As for where else on the backlot, it would be awesome to walk through the New York streets or Little Europe. They're not as iconic as Psycho, naturally, but it would certainly be one-of-a-kind and very immersive in some of those narrow streets.

• 4 months later...