Terror Tram: Chucky's Revenge Reviews

DTH316

People these days=true horror

nowreview

I loved this years terror tram. Absolutely loved the video, credit due to Murdy fore creating it. Only problem I had this year was that I felt it was too short. Don't know why but it felt shorter than the other years. My favorite part as always is when the chainsaw brigade is just there waiting for you to get off the tram, then they all start there chainsaws at once!!!!

Grade:A-/B+

Now that you mention it, TT did seem really short this year. And it def lacked scares. Now IMO TT isnt VERY scary, its very much an appetizer for the rest of HHN for me, But this year just seemed to lack scares & scareactors. Then again I think it was mentioned that a lot of scareactors called out opening night.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all-

Went back for more HHN goodness on Saturday and wanted to chime in with my review for Terror Tram: More of the Same!

So, overall the Terror Tram this year was a HUGE disappointment for many reasons. I will say that I enjoyed the E! True Hollywood Story video of Chucky as we headed out to the backlot. It was very funny and the highlight of the experience. Once we got to the drop-off, it was just more of the same as the previous years. Same sets, same locations, same trail, same theming. Sure, they threw in some pretty fire in WOTW and switched up the characters/costumes: Chucky's army vs. killer clowns, all Psycho instead of including the Strangers, La Llorona instead of MBV, but still. It just felt like a complete retread of past Terror Trams. No new inspiration and no point in doing it. I do miss the sheet maze which I thought added to the attraction but that wasn't the deal-breaker for me. For me, it was just the tired familiarity of it all. That's in no way an insult to the performers. As always, they gave it their all and were invested in getting as many scares out of you as possible. But you can only redress the same spit of land so many times and pretend it's something new. And I am completely over them using that Mummy tunnel too. We've seen it a 1000 times and it's just wasting my time. Also- the regular employees on the trail did their best to help ruin the experience with their flashlights and yelling "keep moving". I found the entire Terror Tram experience to be a complete snore and I will not be wasting my time with it again this year. That's valuable time I could spend in the mazes and scarezones. I really try not to be so negative but this was a total bore.

D+

Creeper negative or not you are truly speaking the truth. Everything is just reused from the previous year but stamped with new faces to portray it new. The TT video was ok but overall it wasn't anything i would waste time on. I was extremly disappointed this year. Next year hopefully well get a new route also extended and more scareactors! Oh wait can't forget the sheet maze :D

The show control crew does seem awfully pushy. I dont have any problem moving the crowd along without them yelling at the guests. Whats wrong with guests actually getting a chance to look at the backlot set. Its big enough and we rarely get backed up. By the way my wife and friends were on that train that had to stop. Bruised knees all around. I know its scary but have a little common sense.

The show control crew does seem awfully pushy. I dont have any problem moving the crowd along without them yelling at the guests. Whats wrong with guests actually getting a chance to look at the backlot set. Its big enough and we rarely get backed up. By the way my wife and friends were on that train that had to stop. Bruised knees all around. I know its scary but have a little common sense.

Not to get too far off topic but I had an awful Show Control person in NOES maze! She was yelling at the top of her lungs "Keep moving! Keep moving! You're holding up my line!!!!" It's not like there was a back-up either. Apparently no one was moving fast enough for her taste. It was ridiculous.

I was back there on Saturday with a HHN virgin, which made the tram a bit more interesting. He loved it, so maybe it is just repetition after all and the tram is as good as its ever been. Well, maybe not as good as its ever been because its shortened this year, but not the disaster we are making it out to be.

Keeping in mind that I am a hhn virgin and I have nothing to compare it to I was very impressed. The Bates Motel IMO was VERY awesome and the mother Bates' were CRAZY aggressive. They were EVERYWHERE! I loved the guys hiding in the woods and also REALLY liked walking between the two trams among chainsaw wielding killers. All in all the least scary of the attractions, but a lot of fun with a few scares and I LOVED the storyline!

Edited by the ghost

The sheet maze had chainsaws in it originally. If you look around there are several acoustic walls around the TT area. JM's response to the noise complaint was to hire sound technicians from Lucasfilm (or was it Spielberg anyway big time guys) to design the sound stage up there so we could keep the saws, screams and sound effects. Management wanted it all gone. Just a walkthrough with scareactors. This may be where the budget concerns came into play. He wanted saws up there badly. First night were were unsure if we would have any saws at all. There were supposed to be more. I personally dont get the complaints, TT closes at midnight and only takes place on the weekend (except for a few nights halloween week). I lived behind Knotts, you just zone it out after a while. I guess thats what happens when you have neighbors with multimillion dollar homes.

Ugh. I'm hating these cuts due to complaints and budget limits.

Anyways.. this year's terror tram is weak for me. The dolls in concentrated areas are pretty scary and the walk uphill STILL drives me nuts, especially with those well-camoflauged bush men!

The weakest point for me though is in the WotW set, though! Am I the only one who feels it's.. quiet? I've gone on the TT multiple times and each time, it is so quiet. Maybe that's better for more realism? Realism isn't what HHN is aiming for though. I'm supposed to feel like I'm in a horror movie, right? GIMME A SOUNDTRACK! :lol: Just being silly. <3 But yeah, some music in that area to put up a mood would be nice.

Sometimes the scareactors in that area are very scarce until you head to the end where the stilt-walkers and more killers dolls (Hello, Havoc! ^^)

On a side note, I found the footage for the TT video a tad cheesy, but I liked how they integrated the backlot fire into the story! I also lol'd at Mr. Murdy's cameo in the video.

Edited by Anu

On a side note, I recommend the mummy part of the tram have guests sprayed RANDOMLY while watching footage of whatever.

Because the funniest mistake happened, the footage of Chucky saying we were going to be sprayed with acid showed, and right when he said acid, PSSHHHH! Everyone got squirted. The timing was WAY off, but we were damn well scared and surprised! :lol:

And then waiting for the countdown got us laughing. The driver exited the tram so quick, it was funny. :9

Ugh. I'm hating these cuts due to complaints and budget limits.

Anyways.. this year's terror tram is weak for me. The dolls in concentrated areas are pretty scary and the walk uphill STILL drives me nuts, especially with those well-camoflauged bush men!

The weakest point for me though is in the WotW set, though! Am I the only one who feels it's.. quiet? I've gone on the TT multiple times and each time, it is so quiet. Maybe that's better for more realism? Realism isn't what HHN is aiming for though. I'm supposed to feel like I'm in a horror movie, right? GIMME A SOUNDTRACK! :lol: Just being silly. <3 But yeah, some music in that area to put up a mood would be nice.

Sometimes the scareactors in that area are very scarce until you head to the end where the stilt-walkers and more killers dolls (Hello, Havoc! ^^)

On a side note, I found the footage for the TT video a tad cheesy, but I liked how they integrated the backlot fire into the story! I also lol'd at Mr. Murdy's cameo in the video.

Hey Anu, I have not seen you come thru TT. I'm stationed at the drop off before whoville.

Hobbz, were you at the TT last night? Silly me, I also went through the Freakz scarezone thinking you were there and I was shouting "HOBBZ!?" and "ZOOLANDER!" (Scare word, lol)

I met Trevler, though! ^^

Anu,

I've been at TT drop off the entire time. Next tim eu roll by give a shot out and I'll go after ya.