HHN 2010: SAW: Game On!

DTH316

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we even talking about this maze at all? This is a complete repeat, other than some new fucking traps...! It's BS , in my opinion this thread should be locked! HAHAHA This maze isn't worth a thread to anticipate...

Haha i'm not anticipating this at all! who cares if they add a trap or 2, if it was all new like freddy or jason than i would show this thread more attention

• 3 weeks later...

I only went to this one once, and I didn't really like it as much as I had last year. It was too much of a repeat, and I caught the tail end of most of the scares. The rearrangement of some of the scenes was nice, although it didn't hold much ground to me.

Times Visited: 1

I still think the carousel should be in there. Murdy complains its too big. Um, hello, MODIFY it. Instead of 6 people, make it 3 or 4 and instead of shotgun, use a retractable thrusting machete or something instead of squibs. Other traps that come to mind that would look awesome in a maze:

Pendulum (although it's not Jigsaw's)

The chest ripper thing (not Jigsaw's either)

Rope to the neck with blade at the end from Saw 5 (scareactors run towards guest, stopping right in front of them with a dummy already decapitated)

Man I could go all day. Eff it.

Yup.

They honestly didn't have to do a repeat at all. It could've been ALL NEW traps. Maybe the bathroom trap for the sake of being a classic and some of the smaller traps like the needle pit since they're small but a repeat is just damn unnecessary. It would've made this already abysmal year THAT much better and kicked it up a notch. We still would've saw it as a repeat but at least there would've been a decent case saying otherwise.

Edited by DTH316

Despite the fact that this maze is practically completely the same, it does not lack scares. But for those with great memory that remember where all the boo holes are, you'll get no scares lol. And let me mention again how HORRIFIC the smells are in this maze. These are the worst and strongest smells I've smelled EVER.

Despite the fact that this maze is practically completely the same, it does not lack scares. But for those with great memory that remember where all the boo holes are, you'll get no scares lol. And let me mention again how HORRIFIC the smells are in this maze. These are the worst and strongest smells I've smelled EVER.

I smelled the bathroom scene before I entered the maze... ugh..

Saw: Game On - Rating: 1 out of 5

This maze felt exactly the same as last year. This was the worst maze in my opinion. (Vampyres was better!!!!) The Flesh trap was honestly pointless. The acting in the trap was good, but there was not even a scare in that room. The Pig Trap was just an excuse for John Murdy to throw in something that you have to push out of the way so a guy can come out from the side saying : "HELP ME!" And last of the new traps: The Rack was actually a good addition the maze. It looked real, and was a good distraction, for the obvious scare waiting to happen. The scents in that maze were even more grotesque than last year... When I was standing right in front the facade , I already smelled the scent of shit. LOL John Murdy definitely did not retire that scent like he said he would. Overall, this maze shouldn't have made a second appearance. The layout was almost identical, the scares were predictable, and the new traps were just effortlessly thrown in there. If you are running out of time, don't bother waiting in line for this maze. I had the FOL pass, so I walked right in... and then I walked out disappointed, like I was expecting.

John Murdy called the Rack Trap the craziest effect they've ever done. Last year, I went to five different Saw houses around the country. Four of them had the EXACT SAME Rack Trap. I mean exact same. None was particularly great, and it looked like Hollywood's was broken on 9/25 - they twisted the wrists too far and exposed the metal underneath.

Anyhow, that trap I think one other (that I don't even recall from the franchise) comprised the "NEW TRAPS!" that Universal so proudly promised.

Um....can we please send the pigs off to wherever Babe ended up and present something new for 2011?

I'll let Popeye sum up how I feel about "Saw: There Will Be Boredom" in 2010: "That's all I can stand. I can't stands no more."

Edited by zombieman

This maze was very unnecessary for a repeat.

I mean, I still enjoyed it but like everyone else said, it was TOO familiar.

I remembered all the booholes, plus they took out the scene with Jigsaw on the bed and a surgeon with a saw coming out at you (which scared me ALOT last year).

3/5, average, still got some scares out of it - but not as intense as last year.

IMO they are at least twice as bad as last year. Maybe because its opening night and what ever they use for the smell is still going strong, But damn I wouldnt reccomend anyone with a weak stomach going in there. Its the bathroom scene and the hanging pig scene.

ITA...It was over a 100 degrees yesterday....Combine the overwhelming smell (and the temperature), I thought I was going to pass out or puke. I was very disappointed with this house...Same ole,same ole. I don't know how the scareactors stood the heat and smell. I give them props.