HHN 2010: SAW: Game On!

DTH316

Murdy just released the new subtitle for the maze. Go on and speculate and anticipate for this thing!

I'm kinda bummed out on what I'm hearing so far. It's not ALL NEW, so basically this is one he has kinda fell back on with that phrase as where he got away with it on F13 and NOES. He has stated there are only "SOME" new traps. BOOOO!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant say I'm not surprised, Did he change up TCM for round 2? NO. Why fix what isnt broke, is probly what he thought. While I loved Saw last year, I didnt want it back for another year. This is so stupid, is he gonna do this every year!? "Oh, Saw, was rated most popular 7 years in a row thats why I brought it back so many times." This is fucking stupid.

I liked Saw coming back but I would've rather had Halloween coming back. Seriously, think about it, if you're going to do it, do it right and have ALL the main slashers at one event. Halloween, F13 and NOES would've been a horror fan's dream come true. Leatherface is awesome but nowhere near the calbier as those. If we're getting repeats, might as well do GOOD repeats, right?

The line up easily could've been

Psycho

Halloween

Friday the 13th

Nightmare on Elm Street

Halloween Horror Nights 2010: 50 Years of Slashers/ 50 Years of Slice and Dice/Slashers Come Home

Anything! UGH!!! lol

However, for the "one" Saw 6 trap in the maze, I'm hoping it's the merry go round.

When I heard this maze was being made last year, I was like " ugh I love the Saw movies, but is this the best choice?" It was decent, but for it to come back??? Geez I am defenitely not anticipating this maze at all ! :( Oh Murdy is seriously making me mad... Hopefully this is the last year, even tho it is rated number one maze. WHO FUCKING CARES!!!! We want ALL NEW, not some new traps. Its utter BS

I think it's easy to speculate it's number 1 because the lower lot you don't have to play a dance party game of holding on to the person in front of you all the way through and going HEY while kicking ur leg out to the side...

which in turn, makes a more vibrant and quick atmosphere; more scary, more fun.

Some insight as to why this was a brought back and not say... Halloween.

As Murdy said on twitter, the guys who made the SAW movies? LOVED THE MAZE and really wanted us to do it again. I have no idea what the Halloween people thought about their maze or if the wanted it back, but when the film maker themselves are so excited to have their movie done again, its a pretty easy call. Besides, Twisted Pictures does other movies beside SAW, and its a good idea to keep them happy . (This is in addition to it being then number 1 maze on exit polls.)

I 'saw' Saw 6 today. Pretty good, for a SAW movie, I guess.

I didnt think that carousel trap everyone was talking about was all that impressive though. The emotional impact was pretty good but it wasn't particularly gory, so I guess its good we wont have it this year. Now, the Flesh Scale Trap Murdy said we were gonna get.. that one made me flinch and look away.

He said on Twitter that it's too big to fit in the maze.

And it'd be awesome if they had an interactive trap like Sinster Pointe did, but there is no way they'd be able to do that and get the number of people through the maze that they have to.

Wasnt last year supposed to be interactive? I never saw it happen. Although I understand its hard to pull off @ a theme park of Universal's size.

Maybe this year they can attempt and pull it off. If they did this maze might be the best this year:)I'm kind of upset of half the traps will be from last year though:( I would have prefered a Halloween or TCM maze over this though.

Maybe this year they can attempt and pull it off. If they did this maze might be the best this year:)I'm kind of upset of half the traps will be from last year though:( I would have prefered a Halloween or TCM maze over this though.

I remember they had "plants" who pretended they were part of the group.

I hope they do that more, because I never saw it in person, i only saw it in a video.

The carousel. "Only one will survive in determining in how much screaming you can muster."

Actually, now that I think about it, pretty much all the ones from Saw 6, haha, all the traps were interactive to a viewer in the movie

Just twist a tad to work for a theme park audience

Like instead of a shotgun on the carousel, maybe something a bit more horror-related like a giant (retractable) machete being plunged into their chests. I don't know, I'm just thinking outloud here.

Here are some other ones I'd love to see:

The pendulum (not Jigsaw's work but still) from part 5

The drowning in pigs from part 3

The seesaw from part 4 (interactive, block of ice or electrocution)

Fat man in bed from part 4 (interactive, which body part to be severed/mutilated first)

The arrows in a major organ between two people from part 4 (this one could be interactive, tell the person which one to pull out)

Edited by DTH316