HHN 2010: La Llorona

Hobbz

This seems to be the "scarezone icon" if there ever was one. This is the one HHN is promoting like crazy on their website, at least compared to the others. I would bet this one is also the most detailed and atmospheric out of all of them since the space is so small. Hopefully this will be "the scarezone" since it is being heavily advertised. As previously mentioned this should be relatively atmospheric as there will not be chainsaws or anything like that and it is somewhat story based. I am assuming to increase the atmosphere the only sound you will hear will be her crying and maybe the sound of water of some kind. If everything goes together right this could end up being REALLY cool. Also I am predicting LOTS of fog to make this as eerie and as creepy as possible. Honestly if pulled off right this should be terrifying, especially as this is such a cool area. The website mentioned being stalked by La Lorena and a smaller scare zone can pull off this effect well!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That idea sounds about right but the scarezone is TOO small that I don't even consider it a zone. They would've been better off putting this over in front of Shrek or something, although it is less of a cramped and claustrophobic area, at least than people wouldn't pass by it and not realize they missed it.

I am not much of a Universal person theme park wise(sorry, but I am a disney fan) but is there any way they could extend this at all? This appears to be "THE ZONE" that they are advertising this year. No way are they putting her in such a small zone! Shes one of the "big 3" that show up in the commercial along with Freddy and Jason. I have no way to actually guarantee this, but I cant imagine La Lorena being so small when she is pretty much the scarezone "icon." That just seems strange.

The zone can't be stretched out any further. The Flinstones games are at the end of the street so that ruins that idea completely. Why they opted out to do it on such a small street is beyond me but I guess she is one of the main icons because she's also on the Terror Tram. So even if you didn't notice you went through her scarezone, you'll at least encounter her there. A larger scarezone or just the TT would've worked for me. There's too many ideas out there to be doubling over (if you ask me).

I'm also a HUGE Disneyland fan myself. But then again, I love theme parks in general and I know Knotts, Universal, DLR all as if they were in my backyard.

In Orlando there's two small areas with about the same length, although its not as narrow as our Western Street and they seem to pull off some pretty decent scarezones there. A claustrophobic area would actually work in a scarezone's favor though, especially if they bathe it in fog like they did with the MeatMarket last year... I have to admit that area made me get a little anxious because at any moment a scare actor could just rush out and scare the crap out of you. Although one of those monk guys hiding in the darkness between that and WTH actually made me jump, the one hiding by Donkey's wagon...

Has anyone actually photographed any progress on this area though? It's only 6 days away and there hasn't been much news for this section..