HHN 2010: La Llorona

Hobbz

but you dont think murdy can tweek it a bit, if they were pushed into a flooded river in a Storm from a high up bridge wouldnt be too hard to believe, plus youd dont want it cheesy so wouldnt midgets dressed as kids make it chessy?

I've heard updated versions where she locked them in a car and pushed it into a lake.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was an american lady she lived in like north carolina or something like that lol

and im pretty sure that was for sure real ha

Haha, you don't think the original La Llorona could've been based on something that really happened? Legends change and adapt for each generation, reflecting the times they exist in. While most older people still use the traditional story, it's not entirely uncommon to hear it told in different ways. No matter how she kills her children or why (because the why has changed frequently as well) at the root of the story, it's about a women tormented by her crimes.

Haha, you don't think the original La Llorona could've been based on something that really happened? Legends change and adapt for each generation, reflecting the times they exist in. While most older people still use the traditional story, it's not entirely uncommon to hear it told in different ways. No matter how she kills her children or why (because the why has changed frequently as well) at the root of the story, it's about a women tormented by her crimes.

well when i said " for sure real " i meant like when i read about the american lady, i believe her name was susan smith? , it was like a police report almost i think thats what i meant because where i read it there was a mug shot of the woman and also two others whose stories were like La Llorona's.

but i think the La Llorona thing probably was based on a true story or might be a true story. i dont know much about it since i just learned about this urban legend today...

but who knows they could just be american versions of La Llorona. like i said i dont know much about it...

If they do use sound effects for the scarezone, I can imagine them using the sounds of a woman's weeping echoing through the narrow street as well as children screaming. But as for the other scare actors aside from La Llorona herself, probably just young people that were victims of the legend herself.

La Llorona is used as a cautionary tale/threat to children who misbehave or stay out too late, for she may steal them away.

So in a way, this is sort of like a "Skoolhouse" sort of zone. You can use young looking people to portray those taken away, they don't have to be her children merely young people she has taken.

I'm still curious as to why this is also on the Terror Tram. It makes me believe that she's somehow a pivotal part of the storyline for the year. If not, I don't wanna say it's necessarily a waste of Terror Tram space but I definitely would've been satisfied if it were JUST a SZ and we could've got Wolfman for the TT portion but oh well, I guess they have bigger ideas.

Wolfman could still be usable on TT, so we can't really discard him for sure, DTH.

The forest path doesn't have the "No Dumping Allowed" sign there anymore, although I didn't see any construction on or near that pathway. Think of it this way: La Llorona and Wolfman can both be on that unpaved trail.. just wolfie can have the lower path and the trail leading up to the upper path, taking the place of the bushmen. La Llorona can be on that upper path... maybe with the sound of a nearby stream and again her weeping, it's just a part of her and usually seen as an omen of death. Maybe the lighting can be adjusted to simulate that rippling water light effect?