Wait time on peak nights?

Hey, im most likely gonna end up going on October 13. It's a Saturday, so I'm sure it's a peak night. I was just wondering how long the lines usually are like mid October on a Saturday?

We're gonna try to be there before it opens, and we won't be going on any of the rides or stopping to eat. I don't care as much about the scarezones, but I really wanna try to get at least 4/5 of the houses in.

Early on the evening the lines move pretty fast but as the crowds come the lines move slow. I was in line for about 75 minutes around 9:30 one night. When you arrive if express passes are available you may want to consider buying one unless you like standing in line meeting people.

Yeah I looked at prices for express, and it's like $100 for those nights :\

That's $100 on top of the like $70 for the base ticket, right? But 75 minutes isn't as bad as I was expecting actually

It sounds pricey, but it's worth it when you get to walk past 100 people and get right into the house. I can't imagine doing the event without one. If you get right in at the start, you can probably see all the houses and take in a show or two.

I haven't missed a house sense 07' with my technique.. Staying in the Stay & scream area after regualr park hours.. Hitting the early opening houses, Then getting the last tent house. then following with the jaws house & so on... But this year, considering there is no Jaws house.. I may do the early opening houses, then circle the opposite direction & hit Silent hill next... having no wait for the first 2-3 houses almost gurantee you get in all 7

EDIT: Without Express BTW.

Edited by Feeble Junkie

Let's break this down like fraction:

If you only have one night at the event and are really worried about not getting to experience everything in that one evening, then your best bet is to fork the cash over for an express pass, plain and simple.

Unfortunately, no one can predict what wait times will be like from year to year...so you always run the risk of missing out on a house and/or show if you are attending on a peak night and only have one night to see everything. That being said, seeing everything on a peak night CAN be done, you just have to budget your time.

• Like 1

thanks for the feedback! I plan on going to the houses that are towards the back first, and working back towards the other ones afterward. Hopefully I can make it into them all. Maybe next year ill be able to invest in the express pass though.

After looking at the map, I think my plan will be:

Penn & Teller

Alice Cooper

House of Horrors

Silent Hill

Gothic

Dead End

The Walking Dead

Thats assuming I'll be able to get them all in on time. Hopefully most the crowds who go to the first 3 near the front of the park will have moved towards the back by time I get up there. If wait times do end up being too long, I'll have to cut out a few houses to do the ones I really wanna do. Guess I'll have to read everyone's reviews over the next few weeks to see which ones are the best.

I haven't missed a house sense 07' with my technique.. Staying in the Stay & scream area after regualr park hours.. Hitting the early opening houses, Then getting the last tent house. then following with the jaws house & so on... But this year, considering there is no Jaws house.. I may do the early opening houses, then circle the opposite direction & hit Silent hill next... having no wait for the first 2-3 houses almost gurantee you get in all 7

EDIT: Without Express BTW.

I agree, this has probably been the best way to do it! I was thinking of doing the same thing this year though with the lack of a Jaws house...

Edited by CoreySalyer

I'm going on opening night and doing the peek so I'm going to hit the three peek house then curve around going to walking dead then hit dead end gothic and silent hill!!! Is this a good plan or not?

fwiw, that's almost my nightly plan for now. I hope to hit HOH, then AC, but then I think I'll bypass P&T and head over to TWD to wait. After that, I'll either back track to P&T and continue the circle after that, or continue to the soundstages and then do a second run around with the express pass. Future runs will probably depend on how much I enjoy each house.

Fortunately I am able to go multiple nights which allows me to adjust the plans based on crowd flows and my personal preferences. If you were to only go one night, your plan sounds pretty reasonable. Especially given the difficulty cutting back and forth across/around the lagoon area this year.

I'll be going on the 14th as well. I'm hoping to gather a bit more intel before I go though, namely where the houses exit at. HHNCrypt got the back 3 on facebook, just need to get that info for TWD on down. Anyone going tonight mind making a note of that?

If you go to past years it's the same. All of the soundstages exit at where the restrooms next to twister gift shop, TWD exits where disaster's enters in daytime. And HOH exits next to AC in Kidzone and AC and P&T exits near P&T entrance in front of MIB Gift Shop Bathroom.

• Like 1

I'll be there the 13th and 14th as well! Last year, I was there the same weekend (15th and 16th) and Sunday was much, much, worse in terms of crowds. It's unpredictable from what I've seen across the forums.

I'm actually more concerned about how Friday nights are, because I may try and get in that night as well. Is it worth paying full admission (won't have a park ticket that day, so Stay and Scream isn't an option) or will crowds make it unbearable?

Edit: Obviously I think HHN is well worth the price of admission, by "worth it" I meant is it worth the $90 for the extra 6 or so hours? Can I get stuff done? It'll be about $90 for my Stay and Scream for two nights, so I'm a little hesitant on dropping that same amount on just one night..

Edited by Coast

I'll be there the 13th and 14th as well! Last year, I was there the same weekend (15th and 16th) and Sunday was much, much, worse in terms of crowds. It's unpredictable from what I've seen across the forums.

I'm actually more concerned about how Friday nights are, because I may try and get in that night as well. Is it worth paying full admission (won't have a park ticket that day, so Stay and Scream isn't an option) or will crowds make it unbearable?

Edit: Obviously I think HHN is well worth the price of admission, by "worth it" I meant is it worth the $90 for the extra 6 or so hours? Can I get stuff done? It'll be about $90 for my Stay and Scream for two nights, so I'm a little hesitant on dropping that same amount on just one night..

You said it best, crowds and wait times are completely unpredictable. I would venture to say from experience that Friday and Saturday nights tend to be worse than Sunday. But once again, it's completely a roll of the dice as to what you'll walk into once you are there. If you can afford to do Friday night, then I say go for it...if nothing else, you get an extra night you weren't anticipating.

Last thursday all 3 SSs and were well over an hour by 8:30. Now compare that to lst year, were the SSs never got above 20 that day. This years crowds are completely different than the past few thanks to the lack of an 8th house and the mega draw of TWD. ive done both loops, SH to HoH and HoH to SH. i think doing the SSs then TWD to P&T to Kidzone works the best and makes you wait the least since AC and HoH will have the shortest lines all night and P&T doesnt fill as fast as the others. Those first 4 do,however, so thats your best bet without an express pass, i think.

• 2 weeks later...

Peak nights are Saturdays, but Fridays are really crowded, too. This year the 18th will probably be bad because most Central Florida schools have the 19th off. Believe it or not, the event gets LESS crowded towards Halloween. Halloween night is traditionally one of the least crowded nights of the entire event. Hope this helps :)