HHN Rituals and Traditions

Just wanted to get things back to normal after the Vault shut down. Now with mostly everyone back and new friends, thought we'd return with a rituals and traditions page.

For me:

- Terror Tram is always first. It sets up the story for the night. Might do the Simpsons or something if there's no line but as far as haunting goes, TT is before any shows or mazes.

- Lower Lot before the Upper Lot. I don't know, it just makes sense to me. TT then run down stairs for the mayhem, which has been so far the best maze of the night. Do the Mummy and Jurassic Park if it's still early enough.

- This will be a new tradition starting from last year but eating at Mel's Diner.

- Grabbing a souvenir cup from outside the Castle Theater then watching Bill and Ted with it.

- Bill and Ted's last show of the night. It's a great capper, it's usually after hours so staying in the park longer than usual and I couldn't imagine ending the night any other way. It's an epic finale to everything that happened that night. I couldn't imagine walking through a maze and saying, "okay, now let's go home." It just doesn't make sense to me, there has to be something that pulls everything together and ends it in a big way and with the hilarious finale's Bill and Ted is known for, it's the perfect match.

For me it starts before the night begins, but I am usually at Universal for the whole day, although I don't do Stay & Scream... or at least I haven't yet, anyway.

Then after the park closes for the regular people, I usually head down into CityWalk and have dinner there or go looking around at the shops for a while if I'm not hungry.

When it gets closer to opening, it's time to head to the gate and wait for it to open... letting the anticipation bite at me then after it opens and the opening spiel go on (last year's Preacher talk in Welcome to Hell), and head right for Terror Tram. It's like my routine for Universal at daytime, I always open the day with the Tram Tour and besides it would get busier later.

After Terror Tram, it's time to head down to the Lower Lot also for the first official maze of the night.

After that, I head right back up to the Upper Lot.. no time for rides or anything, just mazes.

First maze to head for on the Upper Lot is whatever's in the Shrek queue, then across the way to what's in the WW theater. Usually if it's the right time I would head for a show, or eat. But these can be interchangable anyway. If there's not a show starting within that time, I head to the House of Horrors.. then see a show to end the night.

If done right and quick enough, I usually leave the park around 10:30pm.

Going from WWW to Shrek Venue was pretty much my routine until last year when we did Shrek first then went to WWW and then HOH. It broke a small 2 year tradition but oh well, haha

Why leave at 10:30? Do some doubles! Or at least stay for JP in the Dark and sit in the back. I love HHN way too much to just leave early!

ok so mine

1. we eat at citywalk in that high up loft thing with all the fast food places

2. we wonder citwalk looking at everything, me and my GF usualy seperate and hit up Billabong, Hot Topic, It'Sugar and Sparky's (Minus Sparky's Last year =/)

3. wait in line try as hard as possible to be in th front

4. We hit the lowerlot first usualy in this order (Maze, JP, Mummuy) usualy finish up the lower lot in less then 30 minutes, Simpsons ride, then finish up the mazes

5. Bill & Ted 10:30 show always! then Terror Tram

6. then the wierd undecided annual split up for some reason we always (Unknownaly) split after the Terror Tram and meet up at the next (SW until last year then it was Rocky Horror) usualy me and my GF hit up the T2 gift shop as me and her enjoy the anime stuff they sell.

7. we usualy HOH last to finish up

8. then until like 2:30 (The Chainsaw Chase out) we look for HHN shirts

9. always have to take pics with the Go-Go's

10. lastly we all sit at the pick up area till traficc settles down and watch all the drunk girls in heels from the night clubs try to walk to the parking lot trust me you'll laugh as hard in your life

Edited by Grindhousehero13

Going from WWW to Shrek Venue was pretty much my routine until last year when we did Shrek first then went to WWW and then HOH. It broke a small 2 year tradition but oh well, haha

Why leave at 10:30? Do some doubles! Or at least stay for JP in the Dark and sit in the back. I love HHN way too much to just leave early!

I personally would stay there until closing if I went alone, or with more like-minded people, but my other half tends to get a little whiny after all has been said and done.

Which is why I'm going solo to Orlando.... and possibly two trips to HHNH this year. One solo, the other with him.

HHN is an annual tradition for my friends and I. Not too much tradition/rituals other than attending the event. But I do always start with Terror Tram as DTH stated it sets the mood/story for the night as well as it being a good "appetizer" for the night. Then lower lot maze and Mummy, then all the upper lot mazes and SZ. And in 08 we started a tradition to wait for the last B&T so we can do the chainsaw chase out at the end of the night. Oh and lets not forget gawking at the go go's upon entering the park, hehe.

I cant believe I forgot to mention that half way thru that night when we've done all the mazes at least once we sit down, grab a bite to eat, and relax while watching the scareactors do their thing. Its dinner AND a show! The best place to do this is @ The Hollywood Grill outside HoH. Its fun to munch on a funnel cake and watch girls run and scream for their lives. This is also where we saw Jack (in 07) get into a verbal arguement with a Uni employee. Oh HHNH.....

I cant believe I forgot to mention that half way thru that night when we've done all the mazes at least once we sit down, grab a bite to eat, and relax while watching the scareactors do their thing. Its dinner AND a show! The best place to do this is @ The Hollywood Grill outside HoH. Its fun to munch on a funnel cake and watch girls run and scream for their lives. This is also where we saw Jack (in 07) get into a verbal arguement with a Uni employee. Oh HHNH.....

I remember seeing a woman get chased into that restaurant in 08, it was pretty funny. Of course, it's also funny to see people get chased into Jurassic Park, too.

Really? What happened to make the employee get into it with Jack?

I remember seeing a woman get chased into that restaurant in 08, it was pretty funny. Of course, it's also funny to see people get chased into Jurassic Park, too.

Really? What happened to make the employee get into it with Jack?

I once saw a little kid getting chased in the Jurassic Park gift shop..lol it was to funny. It was like I was watching a cartoon

I say the funniest Ive seen was in 07 we were at that snakc stand that splits into Deadwood and to where all the resteraunts and bill & ted are and this girl was getting chased by a CDT from dead wood into London screaming the top of her lungs then 5 mintues later she comes back out of London and hugs somone else's boyfriend in front of her ohhh good times

I remember seeing a woman get chased into that restaurant in 08, it was pretty funny. Of course, it's also funny to see people get chased into Jurassic Park, too. Really? What happened to make the employee get into it with Jack?

I remember you detailing that incident! Wasn't it a photographer?

Yeah DTH it was with a photographer. I wrote out this story on the Vault. Basically the photograhpers were being dicks and told Jack fuck you. (Idk why but they did) So he confronted them and they got into a little verbal arguement after which Jack went up to the photo booth (the one next to HoH that used to be Frank N Stein) and told the manager. He pulled them off the floor and we didnt see them again. Afterward we asked Jack and what happened, and he said something along the lines of "Pieces of shit couldnt handle Jack the clown!" it was too funny, we just laughed and cheered him on.

As the event nears I keep remembering more things I do at & to prepare for HHN.

After we find out all the mazes, my friends and I go out and rent all the movies and watch them before HHN. So we'll recognize scenes and know whats going on in the maze. Last year we rented the last 3 Saw movies (because we had seen the others) & MBV; Not Halloween though because I make them watch Halloween every year lol.

I watch a horror movie a day all throughout October. I too, make sure that the mazes being had are part of the ones I watch 3 - 5 days before the event (depending on the amount of mazes) in the order of the ones we're most excited about!