Validity of some HHN eBay Auctions

I'm writing as a curious fan with a taste for collectibles, especially of the HHN variety. I've been browsing eBay and have come across some supposed collectibles that don't exactly scream "authentic", despite high reputations by the sellers. A few examples -

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLOWEEN-HORROR-NIGHTS-2005-STORYTELLER-GLASSES-SALES-/320563661386?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa3154a4a#ht_500wt_1154

http://cgi.ebay.com/Halloween-Horror-Nights-2006-HHN-T-Tee-Shirt-TS-Medium-/120561133591?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1200e817#ht_1650wt_913

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-PROMO-Halloween-Horror-Nights-Theater-Ticket-RARE-/170515177251?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b37f1f23#ht_500wt_1154

Any comments on the validity of some of the advertised items, or any other suspicious auctions you may have come across in your experience?

The Sweet 16 shirt is hilarious to look at.

As for the glasses and ticket, why would they be sold for so little money when the descriptions practically scream in your face at how rare they are? I smell Chinatown Gucci....

The Sweet 16 shirt is hilarious to look at.

As for the glasses and ticket, why would they be sold for so little money when the descriptions practically scream in your face at how rare they are? I smell Chinatown Gucci....

The ticket screams "fake" to me since it says the Universal PLAZA Theater, not the Palace... not sure what the hell's up with the Sweet 16 shirt.

The storyteller glaases are real. I know the seller personally. His name is Kyle Helvig. He is a good person and wouldn't duke anybody.

The same for the Universal Plaza Ticket. I know him as well. I have even been to his house to buy HHN stuff. 100% authentic...Both are good people.

I'm writing as a curious fan with a taste for collectibles, especially of the HHN variety. I've been browsing eBay and have come across some supposed collectibles that don't exactly scream "authentic", despite high reputations by the sellers. A few examples -

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLOWEEN-HORROR-NIGHTS-2005-STORYTELLER-GLASSES-SALES-/320563661386?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa3154a4a#ht_500wt_1154

http://cgi.ebay.com/Halloween-Horror-Nights-2006-HHN-T-Tee-Shirt-TS-Medium-/120561133591?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1200e817#ht_1650wt_913

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-PROMO-Halloween-Horror-Nights-Theater-Ticket-RARE-/170515177251?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b37f1f23#ht_500wt_1154

Any comments on the validity of some of the advertised items, or any other suspicious auctions you may have come across in your experience?

Ok so i guess i need to chime in here.... Yes they are real.... and if you question it or wanna call it China town guicci... Take a look at the pic i took of a pic i have... What is the usher holding here.?? Authentic enough for ya.? Any other Questions... Dont hesitate to ask.. ;)

Thanks

The Collective

2zq4pxg.jpg

Edited by The Collective

Ok so i guess i need to chime in here.... Yes they are real.... and if you question it or wanna call it China town guicci... Take a look at the pic i took of a pic i have... What is the usher holding here.?? Authentic enough for ya.? Any other Questions... Dont hesitate to ask.. ;)

Thanks

The Collective

2zq4pxg.jpg

the glasses are real and the ticket is real too. i can vouch for both these items and sellers in general. dont ask me about the shirt tough... never seen it before and I got my doubts about that one too until somebody I trust steps forward and gives a back history on the item.

I'm inclined to go into a bidding war on the glasses. But - what purpose exactly did they serve? Was it a media gift? I could've sworn the gift for that year was a plate of cookies, not bloodied glasses...

Yes you are right. The cookies with glass shards was indeed the Media Gift for 2005. The Glasses are the sales gift for 2005, these are given to advertisement partners like Hot Topic, Publix, and other store managers in charge of any store promoting Halloween Horror Nights advertisements and ticket sales. From all the Sales Gifts, the media glasses are the most common at this time. There are different color frames available and every single one is unique since they are all individually hand-made (blood splattered). http://www.horrornightscollector.com/2005.html

Edited by Nocturas

I thank for the clarification from the several collectors that post in these parts. I'm still not sure why they would misprint "Universal PLAZA Theater", but, with that kind of evidence it's hard to argue anything but authentic. Those glasses may not be rare, per say, but I am but a fledgling HHN collector, and at a price that good, it's tempting...

The seller took the listing down after I contacted him (wasn't my intention, just asked for clarification on the item).

original message:

Dear craig7878,

Hello there,

quick question about the authenticity of this item. Is this shirt altered in any way from its original for that you can notice from that shirt. If you can tell me anything you know about this shirt, please let me know because we've (horror nights fans) never seen this shirt anywhere before and believe it is altered from this original version: http://www.horrornightscollector.com/photos/2006/2006037.jpg

- Pete -- HorrorNightsCollector.com

original reply:

Dear batwing_2000,

Hi - thanks for the note - I found this along with several other HHN shirts at a garage sale in Orlando this past Spring. I looked at the shirt and compared it to the others and the only difference I can see is that the tag on this shirt is a basic Gildan tag where the others all have Universal Studios tags. I've removed the listing since we can't verify that it's authentic. Thanks for your note and for alerting me that there may be a problem with it. Glenn

- craig7878

contact the seller if you still want the item I guess, I'm sure it is a one of a kind. Probably not authentic but still looked funny.

Of course not.. And I respect that the OP came on and commented.. Most just never say anything so kudos to u.:0) also sometimes things can be authenticated simply by having a picture. For example. A sign or banner from hhn .. Having a image of where it was or used only helps the collectible aspect of it.. IMO..

Well, the questions raised over these auctions were quite legitimate. Few of us will remember that the Universal Palace was once the Universal Plaza, and the picture of the glasses posted in the ebay listing wasn't very flattering, so I can see why their authenticity might be called into question.

But regardless, at least I got a new pair of glasses out of this thread. :)

Well, the questions raised over these auctions were quite legitimate. Few of us will remember that the Universal Palace was once the Universal Plaza, and the picture of the glasses posted in the ebay listing wasn't very flattering, so I can see why their authenticity might be called into question.

But regardless, at least I got a new pair of glasses out of this thread. :)

Could someone explain the Plaza thing? For as long as I could remember it was Palace, and I followed the Vault and the official site all year. Not calling that into question, I'm merely curious.

And I suppose it was you who won the auction? I decided against bidding at the last second, since it occurred to me... what the hell am I going to deal with these haha. They aren't quite as flattering as old maps, buttons, pins, or figurines.