HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no FFP listed on presale yet, no.

Yeah, that doesn't worry me. It's someone on the facebook claiming an employee told her they weren't doing it this year. Then again... it is the facebook page...

EDIT: They just confirmed they will have a FFP under a different name. False alarm. Any idea who you are going to be this year, Trev?

Edited by 00nightcrawler

I'll also have a good time in my room sitting by myself watching re-runs of South Park but that doesn't matter! lol

But hey, I'll put it down like this on my excitement level for these mazes (in order):

House of 1000 Corpses in 3D --

So fucking excited for this and I never thought I would say that in a million years. This some how became THE maze to see this year when I was very disappointed at first but apparently, the bottom of the barrel has been scraped and I was very wrong.

Saw 2.0 --

I loved last year's Saw, it was a lot of fun. With all new traps, I'm hoping this one will be even better. Plus I love that damn Saw theme song. I can only hope Saw will make it on the Terror Tram this year with a spot unlike last year.

Friday the 13th --

I love Jason so this isn't the end of the world for me and plus the remake was LOTS of fun and had some good kills that should be interesting to see them recreate (burning sleeping bag anyone?). Plus, unlike the NOES, it had some new environments to utilize that will get some good moments. I am praying we get an attack from Jason underneath in his cabin. And the underground tunnels should be a nice addition.

Vampyre --

Hey, I love the House of Horrors and vampires will be a cool addition. I'm just hoping it gets a decent overlay and from what Murdy has been saying, it will.

Nightmare on Elm Street --

Bottom of the barrel. Freddy is not scary. His new make up, his wardrobe and his weapons just don't do it for me. This being based on the remake is a mistake, it had nothing worthwhile in it. No awesome dreams, no creative deaths, weird environments, notable scares; nothing. Making this a serious tone maze like the movie was serious won't work. The original maze worked because it was trying to be fun; this will be trying to be TCM and fail because Freddy doesn't have a chainsaw. I'm interested to see what they do with Micronaps but honestly, it can't be anything too amazing.

I'm mainly pissed off because we waited all this time for this and Murdy was acting like it'll be the end all, be all event. And had been talking about only new stuff for 2 years, so what the hell happened? If this were announced in June and wasn't hyped up so much, this would've been fine with me. But we were forced to wait an extra 2 months and were slapped in the face -- "haha, repeats! gotcha!" Thanks... thanks alot.

Edited by DTH316

I just got home and was browsing my e-mail when I saw the annual pass announcement. That was pretty anti-climatic. I keep thinking though that someone was probably supposed to announce the Friday the 13th Maze on August 13th. I wonder who fucked that up.

I'm a little underwhelmed, but I missed out on Saw last year cause of the long line, so in a way, it's like I'm only getting two repeats. Gotta look at the bright side. :)

With the event pretty much set in stone, is it time to make a "HHN Hollywood 2010 General Discussion" thread since we're not necessarily speculating on much anymore other than Terror Tram and scarezones?

My order of business, now that T2 maze has been added.

All will be usual to tradition:

Terror Tram first, lower lot for JP, Saw, then dry off on Mummy, up the stairs to NOES, then I think I'll hit up HOTC if Vampyre still has a long line (so rotate either of those) and save F13 for last and end it all well with Bill and Ted to end the night. The Simpsons will go in there somewhere if things are ahead of schedule.

Edited by DTH316

I just checked out Orlando's site... I have to say, looking at theirs and ours, I like ours way better. All their mazes just seem cheesy with bad plots and horrible characters. And to top it off, very lame artwork. They all look like those horrible horror movies Asylum make that copy the recent films out today. I don't know, I just can't take Orlando's event seriously when it comes to scare factor. I'm happy we still have movie properties.

I just checked out Orlando's site... I have to say, looking at theirs and ours, I like ours way better. All their mazes just seem cheesy with bad plots and horrible characters. And to top it off, very lame artwork. They all look like those horrible horror movies Asylum make that copy the recent films out today. I don't know, I just can't take Orlando's event seriously when it comes to scare factor. I'm happy we still have movie properties.

there year reminds me ALOT of knotts

except i'd DIEEEEEE for the LT house >.<

oh well im kinda happy we get to see some ol favs one last time ;D