HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

How would Jason be Icon is what I wanna know it wouldnt make sense, and its better then NOES because the remake of F13 was actualy good while NOES's remake blew hard! and I repeat BLEW HARD! and while Jason's added a little extra enivorments (The tunnles, The Lake House, The Rich Toolshed) and new kills never seen in the originals while the new Freddy was bascily the first movie told in a crappy way, so if its just Jason will I be dissapointed? no. Underwhelmed? yes. but if they base a maze on NOES remake i will cry just cry!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would Jason be Icon is what I wanna know it wouldnt make sense, and its better then NOES because the remake of F13 was actualy good while NOES's remake blew hard! and I repeat BLEW HARD! and while Jason's added a little extra enivorments (The tunnles, The Lake House, The Rich Toolshed) and new kills never seen in the originals while the new Freddy was bascily the first movie told in a crappy way, so if its just Jason will I be dissapointed? no. Underwhelmed? yes. but if they base a maze on NOES remake i will cry just cry!

If F13 has been confirmed, we're going to get NOES since the contract says they have to use both characters.

DTH you have every right to bitch. I dont blame you. If the rumors are true about Jason returning then i wont be pissed because im a big jason fan as-well but really dissapointed that after all this damn hype and wait that they are just taking the easy way and doing something they have already done(even thought its a remake) instead of looking out the box and trying different horror franchises. I really dont know now about going to hhn, i might just go to knotts because Sleepy hollow does sound kick ass! But on the other hand i might end up just going to hhn just so i dont break tradition of me going every year. :rolleyes: Also that means no wolfman maze this year if the rumors are true, i guess he will just be on terror tram.... Oh well :(

Well not so fast Freakazoid, it may mean Freddy will return but not necessarily TCM. Platinum Dunes and New Line no longer have the rights to Leatherface. I believe Lionsgate does and are actually working on a reboot as we speak that'll be in 3D.

But that would pretty much finish up everything we wanted to know about the event.

1. House of Horrors

2. Friday the 13th [remake] (WWW Arena)

3. Original maze (Shrek Venue)

4. House of 1000 Corpses: In Zombievision (T2 Queue)

5. Nightmare on Elm Street [remake] (Lower lot... think about it... a window... a chimney like furnace thing...)

Would I be disappointed? Damn sure I would be. That'd be the most underwhelming event of all time.

Sleepy Hollow Mountain at Haunt sounds more promising than all of those would be combined.

But I'll try to cease the bitching because I know you're all tired of hearing it.

Edited by horrorfreak100

Well even if the rumors are true (and from the sounds of things it sounds like they are :() I'll still go this year since I haven't been through the original maze from 07 and 08. At least we know the maze will be pretty much new but just the same character. Also, I'm sure the Freddy maze will be good. We should've seen this coming since Murdy said after last year ended that we would get Freddy sometime in the future. I am a bit underwhelmed but I'm sure this year will be great. ;) Just give me that Wolfman maze and I'll feel better.

Edited by Freakazoid

Well even if the rumors are true (and from the sounds of things it sounds like they are :() I'll still go this year since I haven't been through the original maze from 07 and 08. At least we know the maze will be pretty much new but just the same character. Also, I'm sure the Freddy maze will be good. We should've seen this coming since Murdy said after last year ended that we would get Freddy sometime in the future. I am a bit underwhelmed but I'm sure this year will be great. ;) Just give me that Wolfman maze and I'll feel better.

HAHA YES! Give me a Wolfman maze and maybe that will make me feel better too!

So here's the line-up we pretty much have for this year:

1) House of Horrors [Most likely Frankenstein's Castle hence the rumored classic approach for this year]

2) Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses: In ZombieVision [T2 queue]

3) Friday the 13th: Back for Blood [WWW arena]

4) Wolfman: the Full Moon Terror [shrek queue]

5 A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy's Back (to annoy the true fans of HHN!) [Lower Lot]

I guess that's not a bad line-up.

I knew Freddy and Jason were coming back , and I don't like the sound of the Freddy maze being based on the remake... Why can't they just make Freddy vs Jason and give us a maze we havnt seen before

Murdy said for some reason the contract will not permit them to use both characters into one maze.

its not a terrible lineup i was just hoping for other movie properties.

hopefully were not entirely correct on this but i have been expecting jason to come back ever since the auditions when then told everybody that one of the mazes was based on somebody who comes around on an unlucky day...

its not a terrible lineup i was just hoping for other movie properties.

hopefully were not entirely correct on this but i have been expecting jason to come back ever since the auditions when then told everybody that one of the mazes was based on somebody who comes around on an unlucky day...

Crap! I guess that confirms it then. <_<

Edited by Freakazoid

Murdy actually hasn't said that in a very long time so who knows.

Bloody-disgusting gets their news from many other official horror news outlets and RUN the Platinum Dunes official news source website (which are the creators of the remake)

So I wouldn't doubt them too much.

Plus, considering this week is Friday the 13th, it kinda makes sense to announce it....

This would also mean Jason is our main icon... well let's see what they do with that...

if this is all true, what do you guys think is Murdy's reasons for bringing freddy and jason back THIS year?

While I'm a fan of Jason, I share everyone's feeling that it would be rather disappointing to have him and Freddy return. One or the other would be okay, but I really have no interest in going through both again. If this is the case, then I want a complete overhaul of the Jason maze and I don't want to see any returning props/scenes from the previous ones.

if this is all true, what do you guys think is Murdy's reasons for bringing freddy and jason back THIS year?

Its really to hard to say why, we cant really speculate that this is all true to begin with, afterall it's still a very High Leveled RUMOR. Although it may be very possible, we cant really speak much. Murdy had said a while back that he was being approached by alot of movie studios to do mazes of thier movies so for me it' hard to spculate that he would bring back a certain property just after one year. Maybe this "Rumor" was started to throw us off track.

Its really to hard to say why, we cant really speculate that this is all true to begin with, afterall it's still a very High Leveled RUMOR. Although it may be very possible, we cant really speak much. Murdy had said a while back that he was being approached by alot of movie studios to do mazes of thier movies so for me it' hard to spculate that he would bring back a certain property just after one year. Maybe this "Rumor" was started to throw us off track.

That's very true and unless someone snags a picture of a Camp Crystal Lake sign before the announcement, I'm just going to reserve judgement till then.

Edited by Halloween Blues

im hoping its a rumor aswell

i mean come on we know how john murdy is...

would they really make it that obvious that jasons coming back?

him and his crew know people are getting construction photos and video's from every angle possible

why would they leave something like that out for people to see?

and why would they have allowed that whole "somebody who comes around on an unlucky day" thing get posted all over their facebook if it was something important that only the people at the auditions were supposed to know.

i mean maybe im just way overlooking this but it seems like it was too easy to figure this one out...

we just had to wait a little bit for them to start construction.

i mean who know's

maybe we will get freddy and jason back but i wouldnt freak out about it until its been announced

this is a HUGE rumor that could have easily been started by john murdy and his team to throw us WAY off track

then again it also could have been a mistake that they accidentally let out a bit to soon.

but im not going to worry about it until its been confirmed.

Well why throw people off track when there's some people who are actually excited for it and disappoint them?

This news has been posted to several websites now so it's going to need some damage control.

Okay, how about this Murdy? You can throw Jason and Freddy back in the mix but give me a last minute JP overlay (if there isn't one already). Some scareactors, chainsaws, strobe lights, gore, a few dinos, new soundtrack & lighting and we'll call it even.

I'll ride that 5 times in a row and call it a night and would've had a great trip to HHN.

I'm sitting here holding back the urge to rant, Because while there were some good points made about this F13 business it is STILL JUST A RUMOR. But I have to say if it is true, I am truly truly disappointed in Murdy, whether or not it is a completely different maze. And if they bring back Freddy too, I'll literally shit my pants! I mean seriously 3 years with the same maze(s)!!?? Thats fucking ridiculous. But I'll stop myself now.

So I guess if we don't hear anything by Thursday, we can pretty much assume it's going to be a F13 announcement, because really, how can you pass up the chance to make an announcement about the F13 franchise on a Friday the 13th?

That is, of course, assuming we do in fact get an announcement this week.