How much have you spent at HHN

Well lets see, the 1st time was the cheapest,($30ish) 1 night in 03. got hooked.

every year since then has gone up...up...up.

Last year was 6 days,tickets ,express, hotel and food..etc. $2300.00. this is for

2 adults. Worth every penny though.

I think last year I spent the most. 2 people, 3 nights for $30.00 a ticket.. so that is $180

Then about $175.00 on merch and maybe $40.00 on food and drinks all three nights... so like $395.00

which is about $65.00 a person a night.

but it is a paltry price to pay for my favorite event of the year!

Edited by JWFearman

wow I am the cheapskate in the Bunch, But I don't drink and I do other haunts during the season. But honestly I normally buy 2 tickets and spend in the area of 100-150 bucks a year to go. I spend the same at HOS and last year Spent 200 taking people to Netherworld over the 4 nights I went...

Usually my dad would pay for HHN, but this year it would be me if all goes well. We usually spend $50 on the FFP and just food, usually once a night. $50 + $5-$15 on food + however many nights (I don't even remember how many nights I went last year. Like, 18?)

• 3 weeks later...

My numbers would be scary if I posted them for each year.

For those of us who fly in every year from out of state or even country like Keith Hutchinson we have to consider...

Hotels

Flights

Rental cars or transportation to/from airport

HHN tickets and maybe express

Merchandise (Lanyards and shirts etc...)

Unmasking tour (would never miss that)

and then there is all the drinks at night during the event...yowza scary number

easily a couple thousand $$$ for 4 nights of fun per person...

I wouldnt miss it for the world...

we could save a ton of money if we cut back on some things (like staying on site at the Royal Pacific) but we like to go all out. I basically start saving for the next year right after we get home. I budget my whole year of savings just like its a bill or car payment.. in order to go every year and to bring new people also..

Again its totally worth it for me, I could not imagine ever skipping a year....

Edited by RichieRocket

TOO MUCH! Ha ha ha.

First time we went, there was 5 of us and we didn't buy a FFP because we were stupid (and up in NY so we didn't see commecials or have discounted tix at grocery stores and stuff). We saw a special on Travel Channel and had to come down. Bought tix for full price for both Fri and Sat...then did a Stay and Scream upgrade for like $50 for another night.

Second year I think we had 8 people...and we each probably spent more money on alcohol than we did on airfare, room and tickets :)

The other years, I'd say each of us drop about $1,000 for the whole trip. We usually stay for 3-5 nights and do HHN 3 nights...last year we did it 4. Book our airline tickets early and stay at the Best Western Movie Land (or whatever it's called now). It's usually under $500 for airfare, room and tickets. Then probably spend about $100 a day for food, drinks, and misc stuff.

EDIT - should add we pack into the hotel rooms since we pretty much come in and pass out and get up the next morning for when the parks open. We save a lot of money that way since we only get a couple rooms.

Edited by Oysterhead00

• 3 weeks later...

I was in high school when I first went so at that time I had and spent around $300 for tix and 2 days at hhn and 1 at hos! Now we stay at the HR when we can and we start saving early in the year so around $2500 for 4 days for tix and the resort stay! Suoer excited since we just reserved the HR for the 1st-3rd of October...Hush got me hooked on the HR some years back...

I guess im also the cheapstake in the bunch as well, but is not because i want to be, when i go i buy the FFP, i never eat at HHN because the few times i have i didn't like the food or i thought it was overpriced/not worth it, on a regula night i buy soda and pop corn or a churro maybe, so i spend between 5 to 10 bucks a night, merchandise, i never get merchandise either,sometimes i wanna get a shirt but just end up not getting it

The one time i spend the most was in 2007, Carnival of carnage, one time i ate there,(Pizza) and i bought two shirts, and a cup, i spend around 50 bucks the night, it was because Carnival of carnage was my favorite year.